fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Postby jayrs on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:32 am

:lol: it sure has mate

not looking forward to the compounding but there ya go, putting it back together is gunna be a focking dream mate, but im not gunna till its all compounded, but wha i will do is dig all the $hit out i need :lol: :lol:
tenner says ive lost some bits :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby :: blade :: on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 am

:D woo its painted looking good mate, just hurry up and get the rest of it sorted, then i will have to pop over and have a go :D
Drives: Generation 6 Toyota Celica GT
:: blade ::
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:30 pm

have a go on this *slap* :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers dude.
poped out to it today, didnt do no work but uncle is over so thought i better show him that its being done.
once its done theres plans for the garage and workshop :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Matt_fez on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Looks real nice mate, good job of the spraying - much better than that shade of pink you had before :lol:
Devil-developments
2.1 Zetec Turbo/GT3076r/KMS Management - :)
Fast Ford @ Brunters September 2008 - 0-60 6.03s - More to come...
Fast Ford feature June 2009
Matt_fez
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:37 pm

yeah it is a tad aint it :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ghost on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:44 pm

sweet as mate!

Bet your glad its finally painted and almost finished after how long now...... :P

I know I'm glad this thread has finally moved on a page away from all those bloody photos! I hate loading a page with that many photos :lol:
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 pm

lol, its been about 18 months sinse i started but its not 18 months worth of work, i guess if you added all the hours up and put them in to 8 or 9 hour days then it would prob work out to about 6 months, but as normal, time and money oh and the weather :x have put up a fight over thelast 18 months.
still, fingers corssed it will be a complete car once again byjuly, and on the road not long after
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:50 pm

nice one mate !!!! take it the new gun worked well?? have to get some paint my self and get my other bonnet done..will call on the services of J& D paint specailists!! :lol:
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby heeman10 on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 pm

Wahey! As per usual, I get a jealous rage when seeing Mk3 Fiestas with fresh new paint on them, SPECIALLY Radiant Red paint :cry: :x :( But you must be absolutely chuffed, particularly so when it's all your own work, and you can enjoy building it all back up! Yeah it's been a long haul, wouldn't have been this hard with a lottery win and a sunny place to live eh?! :D
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby HYBRIDFEZ on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Well done fella looks top notch! all your hard work has paid off but isnt it such a good feelin wen u stand back and look at it now! lol :D

seein nice paint is the best reward after spendin ages preppin!

keep up the good work, will be watchin this for the rebuild pics!

scot :aviator:
PROJECT HYBRIDFEZ - A BEAST IN THE MAKING
HYBRIDFEZ
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:59 pm

cheers guys, jon, watch this space for a place opening called J&D :wink:

yeah its good to see it all painted, the cheap gun worked great, i had a go on it and its the nuts, prob wouldnt last forever but the amoutn of painting i will be doing it should last years.

still got the other bits to do like bumper bonnet etc but yeah james, sheel is now done so can be built back up, well once its compounded and polished.

have even toyed with the idea of going standard front bumper again, but ill put the cossie one on and get it on road and see how i feel later, hopfully that thought will fade away :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:15 pm

HYBRIDFEZ :Well done fella looks top notch! all your hard work has paid off but isnt it such a good feelin wen u stand back and look at it now! lol :D

seein nice paint is the best reward after spendin ages preppin!

keep up the good work, will be watchin this for the rebuild pics!

scot :aviator:

it is mate, it really is.
ive done it all ass about face really, i should of painted all the shell at first etc but with time money and the area i had to start with it wasnt gunna work like that, but im chuffed its painted, sad thing is, now i can see the end is near and it will be on the road soon (i hope) im gunna miss the little 1300lx run around fez im using now, its a great little car :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MarkRS2K on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:37 pm

quality work mate :)
MarkRS2K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:22 pm

cheers dude :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:04 pm

well not really a update.
weather has been $hit as we all know so not done anything to it really.
i have decied to give it another coat or 2 of paint, mainly as there a couple of bits im not happy with, 1 being the fly that decided to end it all by sticking to the roof :x
still no matter, the bonnet etc has all still got to be done so im not worried, im not gunna push the boat out to get it done for ford fair as theres no point, had last 2 weks been nice there might of been a chance but tbh ive lost a bit of interest in it and apart from a couple of times checking on it ive not bothered to touch it.
it sits half wet flatted awaiting good weather.

in the mean time i have got something for it, a FRST air box.
i do have the one i took off it,

somewhere :lol: :lol:

but cos i dunno where it is or whos house it might be at i got one from mike on here (cheers mate)
the plan for this is nothing more than for looks, im not going back to panle filters.
a cone filter will be mounted at the front of the wing somewhere on the drivers side where it can get a nice air feed to it, and it will be piped up to the air box.
the normal air intake on the box will be blocked and a hole made in the bottom to take the nex air pipe.
the breather filter will also be piped back into the air box, but it will still be connected to the little K&N filter, but plans are to have a small cath tank inside the air box for the oil vapours etc,
i know i might not be explaining it well but i know what i mean and you will too when ive done it.

as i say it mainly for looks, but practical also, as i can mount the amal valve right again.
just not looking forward to having to pi$$ ass about when having to change a headlight bulb :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyhow, only pic i got is of the air box, boring i know, but untill the sun comes out nothing more gets done, although i might start on the monmdeo wheels ive been saying ill do for last 18 months :lol: :lol:

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby filtra on Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Coolbeans! I recently put my airbox back on, I feel that the car run's a lot better with it on. Much smoother and idle's properly and doesn't drink fuel! Something to do with heatsoak I imagine!

Your idea of running a a cone filter from the bottom of it is excellent though. Just stuff it down the space between bulk head and wing with a scoop at the bottom, should get lots of nice cold air there :)

I was planning something similar but just runing a sort of upside down U from the turbo, but yes, the amal valve would have no where to live then! And getting a one-off hose would probs be well expesive too!

Only bugger is that i've lost the little joining pipe from the breather to the airbox. Does anyone have one? :x

Edit- Is it possible to get a new cold air feed from Ford still?
Ex Fiesta RS Turbo owner :(
filtra
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:16 pm

i did think about a panle filter but it was only a short thought :lol:

im gunna make up a scoop to sit behind the grill of the cossi bumper to direct air that way towards the filter, and i will make a shield for the filter to stop $hit coming up onto it also.

my amal valve is bolted to the inner wing at the mo, but the wire is as far as it will go and i had to put it where it is as the cone filter would touch it otherwise, which is another eason for the air box, stop the cone filter touching inner wing, not a prob now but when driving its gunna rub, and i had a bit of old alloy there for old filter to save it rubbing paint off but it looked toss.

as for the U pipe, i had that thought as well, and was gunna look into exhaust pipes for it, from a lorry or something but tbh i thought it would look toss so didnt bother.

the pipe your on about is the same on the xr2i air boxes i belive
as for the cold air feed, i dunno mate, i got one in the shed but aint selling :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:54 pm

jayrs :my dad whos painting it reckons it will be fine so ill go with that :lol:

car didnt get painted today, if it dont rain over night or in the morning im aiming for tomorrow as the only other time might be money or next thursday.

way my lucks going it will be next month :lol: :lol: :lol:

the compressor works by sucking in air and compressing it, they have blow off valves to stop them over building up till they explode :lol: , and thats about it really, some keep pumping away and blowing off pressure, others stop when the pressure is reached, and you can set the pressue you want.
as with 25l or 50l, thats your call mate, what can you afford and how much room have you got. (me i would go for 50l, lol)
the 25l one will do i guess, but make sure you get a oil free one, what this means is some crompressors can put a tad of oil in the air, this is mainly for windy tools, but not what you want when your gunna spray, although i think most are oil free anyway, cant say mate, ive never brought a compressor in my life mate

Cheers for the advise man seems qite simple then :) Thnk i will wasitr untill i got a nerw house with a garage so i have someplace tyo spray.

Get the mondy wheels sorted man will look well nice :D

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby :: blade :: on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:07 pm

send ya mondy wheels my way i will sort them out for you in a week and have them sent back to you :D
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:15 pm

im thinking about starting on them this week end :lol:

iain, you gunna do them free? :bonkers:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby :: blade :: on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:28 pm

yea if you send them over with the paints ;) but you gota pay to get them sent back :D
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:30 pm

fcuk that, wheels only cost me £75, would cost me a mint to send them :lol: :lol:

na i'll do them mate, well i been saying it for ages but i will do them :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:56 am

update time, wheels.

as its still raining i decided to get on with the wheels

out of the 4 mondeo wheels ive had sat in my shed for over 18 months months now 1 was really bad, but once the paint was removed it wasnt as bad as what it looks in the pic's.

first off strip the paint off round the bad areas, as i say it wasnt bad once paint off, so i cleaned all the cr@p out of the kurb marks with a small needle file ready for filling.

im using chemical metal filler, it goes off hard and to me is the best thing to use in this case.

the rest of the wheels are not really that bad but will need a bit.
i havent got any primer at the mo but ill get them all ready and prime them all at the same time, then spraying will be done prob via spraygun in the same silver or as close to it as i can.

i dont want anyone saying do them black, white, gun metal etc, light silver is how they should be IMO.

anyway, pics so far, will update again once primed or even painted, but if the sun comes out the wheels can wait as i'll get on with the car it self.

anyhow, pics

they needed a wash first, and 98% of the cr@p came off too, these were the 2 most dirty ones

ready for a wet flat then primer

filler used

the insides of the wheels will prob just get a coat of base coat when i paint the wheels, but then again i might hand paint the insides as it dont really matter, but we're see

bit of a cr@ppy update i know, but its all i got at the mo
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:31 am

Nice one :D
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:55 am

:)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:47 pm

great choose of rim jay, although they are common on fiesta's they look sooo fresh, get this car finished fella :D
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Sierra Cosworth

Postby jayrs on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:20 pm

i know mate, they been done more thimes that a 5 pound whore, but the look so good :Q

i dont think i got a bad deal, £75 for them, all bar 1 centre cap to, but i just happened to find a centre cap not long ago so a full set.

when weather gets better fella, this car is gunna be cracked on like a slave refusing to work, i'll get it done mate :Q
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Greenaway on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:24 pm

Car is looking super mate, I'm in love with the red you've used :P

Nice work, keep it up, can't wait to see the project finished!
Greenaway
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:30 pm

i cant wait too mate :lol: waiting on a bit of sunshine so i can give it a couple more coats of paint then it will be compounded and polished.
then i reckon 2 days tops and it will be a finished car :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Max M4X WW on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Jesus, Where did you get those :lol:

Please paint the insides as good as the outsides! It makes them look so much better :D
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Merc CL500

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:45 pm

when they were rubbed down they wasnt bad, it looked worse than it was.
and no, im not painting the inside like the outside, its a waste of time, money and paint for a part of the wheel thats gunna get messed up with brake dust etc.
i know ya gunna come back with clean them then but i cant be assed cleaning the inside of a rim, i even thought about painting the inside black anyway :lol: :lol: , but no, the insides have been hand painted with aluminium paint, not hammerite crap, its aluminium paint that contains aluminium.
it dont look all that tbh but its just there to brighten the insides a bit.
i do have a couple of pictures on my phone that im gunna upload, as i say, your see its hand painted but when there on the car, it dont matter :bonkers:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Max M4X WW on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Im guessing you wont be driving it much anyway so would be really easy to keep the insides clean!!
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:04 pm

wont be driving it much?
mate it was and always will be a daily driver.
i might when i get it and sort it, use the xr2 as a all yearer and the rs for summer time but i cant see it fella, cars are ment to be driven so its looking to be going back in to full time driving.
well, it wont do a great deal, only done about 32k miles in it since 98 :lol:
so it now standas at about 62-63k miles on the clock :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Max M4X WW on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 pm

Thats fine just guessed it wouldnt be doing 10+k miles a year lol
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:38 pm

damn man, the island isnt small but its not big enough to clock up that amount of miles, well i dunno, i done 10- 12k in the first year of owning it :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.