[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16 : Member's Gallery - Page 18 | Fiesta Forums

fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Postby rs-tom on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:08 pm

what psi did u spray ur car at i used 40 on ma wheels there ok but i reckon i could do better with a better gun . do different guns make alot of difference
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby garry_noble on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:25 pm

nah mate i werent takin the piss mate!!

i was just sayin seriously looking good theres alot of prep work put into it !!

just wondered like where you learnt to spray or whether you decided to try sprayin for first time ? (like have you done other spraying jobs )
garry_noble
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ram on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:33 pm

picked up my fuel surround jay. its plain without the unleaded text. you got yours yet?
450 bhp moonstone blue 2wd saph
2012 E250 cdi Sport convertible
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mint Mk2 Cortina 2dr Zetec

Postby jayrs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:32 am

rs tom, tbh i think the compressor is set to 70 or 80 psi, cant be sure as ive not looked, but i can adjust the pressure on the gun anyway.
some paints come out better with different pressure, so im told, unless you can say, yep that pressure is right, tis trial and error really.
i would say different gun make a difference, of corse your not gunna use a water based paint gun for 2 pac, but from cheap and nasty to expensive stuff you will see a difference, but that said, the gravity gun used to paint my rs was £30 inc post, or £35 i forget now, and both me and my dad are proper impressed, it ssprays as good as the devbiliss suction my dads got thats older than me :o , but then i wouldnt expect my cheapy to last long if used all the time

garry_noble :nah mate i werent takin the piss mate!!

i was just sayin seriously looking good theres alot of prep work put into it !!

just wondered like where you learnt to spray or whether you decided to try sprayin for first time ? (like have you done other spraying jobs )

yeah sorry mate i got asked once if i rattle canned it :x

it was my dad that painted it, i done the bay, but with the whole car i left it to my dad as his painted a lot of cars in his time.
he used to fix and sell cars years ago with a mate that was train at merc garage so he learnt alot from him, and ive picked up bits from my dad along the way, but hes got more experance so let him do it.

ive never painted a whole car, done wings and doors etc but thats it, as said, leant alot from my old man, picked up a bit my self, and father in law is ex panle beater sprayer so through talking and watching etc is where i got it from.

ram, not heard from fords to say my bits are in yet, will chase them up tomorrow, but im not in a rush for them so prob wont pick them up till saturday as its fairly busy traffic wise round the ind estate in the week and cant be assed sitting in traffic :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Postby rs-tom on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:33 am

dis u spray with 2 pac
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:52 pm

yes mate
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rs-tom on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:55 pm

yeah mine was sprayed with 2 pac aswell is it suppose to be harder wearing
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:16 pm

so they say, but it does depend on the paint so im told, i.e cheap to expensive, i know it seems obviously, but im using max mayer, which is a buget paint made by ICI, and ICI is one of the best you can buy, so max mayer is like a mid rangepaint if ya want.
not cheap at about £39 a litre but cheap when ya consider ICI is about £60+, per litre plus vat.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:26 pm

picked up the rest of the bits from fords today.

seems the poor chap on the part desk forgot i had picked up the last pedal rubber they had in stock the other day and still ordered me 2 :lol:
so i have a spare which was free :)

anyway, pics

think theres enough stickers :lol:

also, got these at ford fair 2004 or 5 i dont remember, but found them today :lol: :lol:

there not pink, just the picture, but there not bright red like the "turbo"

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:55 am

I'd get some proper Ford mats to go with the rest of the car. You've bought Ford rivets when any will do so why stick them nasty mats in?
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Agreed with Liebo - they look like those horrible, lightweight, stiff mats that are like velcro, and retain every microbe of dirt that goes near them! :lol: constructive...abuse? :lol:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby rs-tom on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:12 pm

aint ford ones crappy rubber things i like em jay
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby D.J on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:01 pm

No You can get fitted fabric mats. I have them in my Puma
D.J
Post Master
Post Master

Postby niracka on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Not been on in a while so good to see your nearly done.

Great job you'v done on those wheels man, fancy leaving all that mess on the grass thaugh :lol:

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby jayrs on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:18 pm

i got rivets from ford for 2 reasons, 1 the stainless ones i have are a tiny bit too small, and second, buying a box of 100 works out a lot more that 16p per rivet from ford, which in it self is a bit pricey :lol: :lol: but cheaper than 100

heeman, there not cheap nasty ones like you say, there proper thick ones and are fitted, but yes, they do seem to be the ones that hold the dirt :lol: :lol: .
i dont want no tacky rubber mats in the car, these wouldnt be my first choice now i have to say but i got them in 2005, no, i think it was 2004, so would be a shame to waste them, but seeing as i live on isle of wight, there prob be fcuked after 1 winter :lol:

grass has grown a load with rain so it wont be there long :lol:

have done a bit to it today, nothing major, its masked up apart from the drivers door (as i have to drive it) fitted the door glass seal guide and prepd the spolier and mirrors, also fired it up again to day for first time in a while.
if its sunny tomorrow like they reckon it will be, it will be painted, but im not holding my breath
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 pm

well it was planned last night (friday) if it was sunny today (saturday) then the car would be painted.

and it was :lol: :D at one point it got bloody hot but didnt last long, but was well warm enough to paint.

this time round i didnt mix thinners in the paint, the normal mix (so the paint place say) is 2 parts part, 1 part nardner and 10% thinners, however this time i just mixed 2-1 paint and hardner and it gave a better finish than last time, mind you this time the "booth" wasnt used as the grass was far too wet and even my dads van alsmost got stuck so trying to reverse my rs up the drive onto the grass, move it around and drive it inot the booth just wasnt junna happen, and wet mud flicked up the sides before painting isnt what i wanted, so a sheet was put up about the car to stop the leafs that were falling off the tree etc.

anyhow, didnt plan to paint anythign else apart from the car, but after giving it 2 coats (good coats too!) we still had some paint in the gun, so save wasting it bgoth side skirts were done, the bonnet vents, the rear spolier and the jacking point covers, however 1 jacking point cover the paint run so that 1 needs doing again but no hard ship :lol:
oh yeah almost forgot, the color plate from front panel was also done.

friday when i ws out there it was only a quick visit really, fitted the new door window rubber guide and fished masking up

door window rubber guide

and it looks like that cheap ass masking tape that was used first time round didnt stick as well as it made out :oooh:
:lol: :lol: , no matter, i got some spare sun visors and i wanted to change or cover the head lining anyway :lol:

dunno whats going on with some pics, couple of them make it look pink, but i asure you its not :lol:

yes its a broom, stopping the boot lid sitting right down and paint on boot sticking to paint on rear panel etc

yes its a gen FRST spolier and yes i did have and have repainted the black bit red, why...... cos i got pi$$ed off with white marks on it when i used to polish it, but it was done when i was younger, but im re-painting that part black

hmmm, i make a habbit of this, what will my uncle say when he sees it :lol: :lol: na he wont give a toss tbh

there ya have it, will leave it till prob after FF before i touch it again but might get up there again and get the rest of the stuff painted :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby garry_noble on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:57 pm

mate thats amazing this is exactly the sort of thing i will be doing the my fiesta si in future !!

any tips for me when spraying ?

what spray gun is you using as ive seen so many different ones and dunno what to use !

also wats this mixing of paint stuff ??? and after the 2 colour coats ! u put any lacquer on it or [ERRR]?

thanks
garry
garry_noble
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Brammer on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:04 pm

jayrs :Image

Well its clearly got some shine to it :D

great work Jay, when do you predict the project to be finished?
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Sierra Cosworth

Postby XRMike on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 pm

Its getting there matey! :wink: :D :Q
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:35 pm

garry_noble :mate thats amazing this is exactly the sort of thing i will be doing the my fiesta si in future !!

any tips for me when spraying ?

what spray gun is you using as ive seen so many different ones and dunno what to use !

also wats this mixing of paint stuff ??? and after the 2 colour coats ! u put any lacquer on it or [ERRR]?

thanks
garry

cheers dude,
only tips for painting i can give ya is make sure its warm, and do good prep work.
the spray gun i got was a HVLP gravity fed spray gun, not expensive but done the job good.
this is the one i got
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HVLP-GRAVITY-AIR- ... dZViewItem

theres no lacquer on my car, its solid red mate.

h196jne :
jayrs :Image

Well its clearly got some shine to it :D

great work Jay, when do you predict the project to be finished?

cheers dude, it did have a shine last time but this time theres a load more shine, i think its due to not being enclosed, the spary in the air drifted away rather than hung about and settled on the car.

i hate giving tims as it never works out, but if the weather lets off here and there im hoping for end of august latest but we will see, gota a couple of weeks coming up within the nest month where i wont be able to touch the car, but ya never know it might just happen :lol: :lol:

XRMike :Its getting there matey! :wink: :D :Q

bloody hope so this time :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jayrs on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby garry_noble on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:38 pm

how does it get that shine without the lacquer tho ?

sorry it may sound dumb but im intrigued and jst wanna know things
garry_noble
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:41 pm

solid paint does, with base and clear, the base coat is like a matt finish and the clear gives it the shine

with solid, you paint it and thats it, well its compounded after but 2pac paint, or any solid colour will norm give gloss finish when painted and dry
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby garry_noble on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:46 pm

cool thanks

jsut unsure on my car its dark aubergine lol

its a nice colour and i wanna touch car up but when i sprayed my body kit i had to prime it ! then spray the colour and then spray lacquer ! i was using halfords paint though !
garry_noble
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:07 am

you would on that as its metalic paint mate
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:23 am

Perhaps you should do a FAQ post to answer the repeatedly asked questions about your project like the spray gun, why you are doing all this work and what not?
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rs-tom on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:18 am

geat paint mate il be inspecting it at future shows lol . i know what u mean about pink my car is the same i just think its the camera and lighting cuz mines red as fook
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby MarkRS2K on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:35 pm

well done, hopefully this will be the last tim you have to paint it :bonkers:
MarkRS2K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:08 pm

Liebo :Perhaps you should do a FAQ post to answer the repeatedly asked questions about your project like the spray gun, why you are doing all this work and what not?

:lol: :lol:, all the info is on this thread, but cos its so many pages now i guess people dont wanna look back through them all.
cant really blaim them, ive looked through oads of pages on a rebuild and it does take time, but like most inc this build, you see what was planned at the start and how and why things changed along the way which does make good reading IMO :Q

rs-tom :geat paint mate il be inspecting it at future shows lol . i know what u mean about pink my car is the same i just think its the camera and lighting cuz mines red as fook

i will get some nice shots of it when its all compounded up.
like any spary job you do outside, its never gunna be as good as ones done in a booth but im happy with it.
it will be all 1 shade, and no pink in site, and no more big ass key mark in the bonnet :lol:

MarkRS2K :well done, hopefully this will be the last tim you have to paint it :bonkers:

hope so mate :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mk3modda on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:10 pm

finish looks really good :Q :Q

any chance it will be ready for ff ?
mk3modda
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 pm

not unless someone gives me a load of cash mate :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 pm

looking good jay...time to put it all back together :)
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:05 pm

compound and polish first mate, but can wate to get it together.
gotta make room for a xr2 :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:07 pm

still there mate :wink:
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:35 pm

wont be next month mate :D :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:31 am

right update time again, went out there the other day (monday) and preped the arches and the rear bumper.

the rear bumper had gained some scraches etc wile being stored and it was covered in $hit, so after a wash and a wet flat i stoppered up the scrahces etc, then left it, mirrors were also flated and primed, and the mirror base plated painted satin black again.
then yesterday (tuesday) i went back to to finish the bits off, i had to give my dad a hand for a few hours so didnt get out there till about 12.30

so after flatting down the stopped and flatting the bumper again, it was primed up and while drying out in the sun i rigged up the archs ready for painting then got the rear bumper in, wetted the floor out and painted, yep thats right, i painted today :lol:

pics i have.

and i decided seeing as the front bumper was and is still gunna be the cossie one with no strip, it would look a bit bent with a green strip in the back so that was painted too

only joking, its masked up :lol: :lol: was gunna remove it but forgot the fishing line when i left and wanted to get the bumper painted
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.