[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16 : Member's Gallery - Page 25 | Fiesta Forums

fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild (56K, NO NO) small update 12/2

Postby knuckles on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:13 pm

MattPym :
jayrs :it aint there anymore though mate and hasnt been for a year, its tucked away :wink:

somewhere

i think he wants your rs jay :oooh:
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild (56K, NO NO) small update 17/5

Postby jayrs on Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 pm

well very small update, and as much as i would like to say its finished its not :( .
touched the car for the first time since september last year yesterday, but i pumpsed a couple tyres up and pushed it out the garage, that was about it, main as i needed to get heavy bits of metal past the car and didnt want to risk scraching it.
anyway, the battery has been charged again and i will be firing it up next week and reversring it up right out the way but work will not comense on it just yet, reason being scrap metal prices are fairly high at the mo (£125 a tonne here) and im using the time to scrap all the old metal thats hanging about and to dump the old machines in the work shop, well, me a mate and my dad are doing it so its split 3 ways but its a bit of cash towards getting the rs done, clearing the work shop, and making space for the other machines to go in, so in all its not a complete waste.

anyway the motivation to do someting to the rs is coming back, if im honest i lost interest and couldnt be bothered with it but due to having to go down to where it is for the scrap and seeing it its making me want it on the road, so i thought i would update this thread with what little i have for it and just brief explain why nothing has happend so far, and yes, i will pull my finger out and no, i dont know if it will be at fordfair but i asure you i will do my best to get it there!

pics of parts

first up new HT leads, well not brand new, bought from a memeber on here, done next to no miles if i remember right and will look better than the black and blue ones i have on the car know, i really wante3d the standard ford red ones but now i think it will be just too much red under the bonnet so these will do nicly.
cant remember who i got them off now (sorry so much on mind last couple months) or what i paid but i think they were £13 posted

next up a new or new new, again fitted but car never moved or done little miles main engine mount for CVH engine, again cant remember who i got it from on here but think it was £15 posted, dunno if this will be used for the xr2 when i put the 2 litre in or if ill put it in "stock" but the rs doesnt need one as i fitted a brand spanking one not even 100 miles before the engine rebuild, not really sure why i bought it but still, spares are good :lol:

last but not lease a new rear lense, well not brand new, i got this off nathen and it does have very slight damage which i knew about but im not worried about, cos i have what i always wanted now, 2 reverse lights (like i already have) but with smoked indicators :Q , so i can be that little bit different to everyone else.
i know the 2 fog lights look good, but i like the 2 reverse lights with the smoked indicators as you cant "make" them wih some euro ones and some tint spray :)

nice great box

and these are what i have already

will update as and when and fingers crossed its done in time for FF :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Brammer on Sat May 17, 2008 2:54 pm

nice to see the thread moving mate and very nice buy the rear lamp :devil:
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Sierra Cosworth

Postby rs-tom on Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 pm

do u wanna sell ur old rear lamps
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat May 17, 2008 6:47 pm

rs_brammer :nice to see the thread moving mate and very nice buy the rear lamp :devil:

cheers chris, will be much better when the car is moving on, on the fcuking road! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rs-tom :do u wanna sell [ERRR] old rear lamps

erm maybe mate, not really thought about it tbh, if i decide to sell ill let you know but wont really be thinking about it till the cars back on road.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Sat May 17, 2008 7:12 pm

nice one mate..need to see this back on the road... :wink: ..rear lights will look spot on...nice touch.. :Q
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Sat May 17, 2008 7:30 pm

indeed mate, once i finished pi$$ing about with the scrap etc and i got a bit of money ill get more paint and crack on :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild (56K, NO NO) small update 24/5

Postby jayrs on Sat May 24, 2008 12:27 am

no real update as such, but i started her up the other day and drove her out.
had a bit of a problem, fuel pump wasnt priming, after checking a few things out i thought i best check to see if i had put all the earths on the battery :oooh: i forgfot one that had slipped down the side :lol: , anyhow, turn of the key she fired up, as you can imagen she was a bit noisy to start with being sat for 9 months un touched but its all good now :Q

anyhow just a few pics of her the other day out in day light again to remind you of what it looks like, just yet another coat of paint and its done.
your see the door is flated down, i wet flatted with 1500 then compounded (drivers wing is done) but found some thinish paint round the door handle and went through hench why i got pi$$ed off and its sat untouched for so long, but the interest is back now, and hearing that lovly grumble of the exhaust, ahh i just wanted to get it out on the open road!
anyway enough b0llocks, pics

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Sat May 24, 2008 8:59 am

Nice to see it's all go again :D get it ready fo FF and yoyu can take me :lol:
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat May 24, 2008 9:30 am

belive it or not mate i got so much on at the mo i havent got much time spare.
as scrap prices are high at the mo im using this time to clear the workshop of the old machines and scrap metal, if i had the money to get a body shop to paint it i would put it in there.
im not going to say if it will or will not be ready for FF, im just gunna see how it goes.
just a shame i lost interest in it for so long :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rs-tom on Sat May 24, 2008 8:45 pm

glad to see ur gettin ur intrest back in the rs . scrap prices are shockin my dad works as a steal erector he took 1.6 tons of scrap steal n got £420 just old off cuts
rs-tom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat May 24, 2008 9:15 pm

scap isnt as high over here, its just £125 a tonne :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby HYBRIDFEZ on Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am

scrap prices aren't that high here either, its 170 a ton at the min... and im in northampton =)
PROJECT HYBRIDFEZ - A BEAST IN THE MAKING
HYBRIDFEZ
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Sun May 25, 2008 10:54 am

ah well, 125 a tonne is better than the £40 ive seen it before, and although its being split 3 ways after my mate gets a score for the use of his van and fuel etc, its a few quid at the end of the day, all going towards the rs/xr fund and the work shop is being cleared of all the old machines etc which ive been waiting to get on with for so long now, :lol: so everyone is a winner really i guess.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ram on Sun May 25, 2008 12:41 pm

glad to see it out of the workshop getting some fresh air :)
450 bhp moonstone blue 2wd saph
2012 E250 cdi Sport convertible
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mint Mk2 Cortina 2dr Zetec

Postby niracka on Fri May 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Yea man!!!! good to see her getting moving again!!

Do you think you will make it to ford fair with her then???

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby jayrs on Fri May 30, 2008 7:21 pm

cheers guys.
ford fair, hmm, would like to think so, only thing stopping me now is sorting out the room the car will go in to be painted.
those that have been watching this thread since the start may remember i said the building its in is going to be a workshop too, the ball is rolling with this also, so old machines are going, its being tidyed up, and my varst amount of frst and xr2 spares have been moved from the room my rs need to go in.
however, that said, i need 18 tonne yeah thats right, 18 tonne of hard core to fill the void under whats left of the wooden floor :o

well the wood floor is rotton and it will be cemeted, looking at between £250 and £350 for the 18 tonne of hard core delivered then the ballist and cement on top, and untill that floor is done my rs cannot be touched :(
i will have a answer from my uncle and aunt next monday (fingers crossed) if its got the go ahead as its there building and there have to pay, were looking at about £500 here just to do a floor :lol: :lol: but in a long winded way to answer your question, yes, if all goes to plan i should have it at ford fair, but the odsds are still i would say 60/40 against me at the mo, if i can have the stuff delivered next week (if the lorry will get up round the back :rolleyes: ) i will work my nuts off to have all 18 tonne in and tampted down and if i have it my way cemented over and ready for a car to go on top of it within 2 weeks :Q

but like all my plans, nothing ever seems to go right so all i can say is watch this space, would be nice if my next update started with "its only fcuking finished!" but im not gunna count any chickens yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild (56K, NO NO) small update 30/5

Postby niracka on Fri May 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Mate, when i see that post I will be litterally cheering at my computer lol.

Its been such a long time this is one car I will be desperate to see in the flesh. And I'l deffinately be making the effort to come and talk to you too :)

Good luck getting that floor done pal. Look forward to seing piccys of your workshop 8)

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm

cheers mate, think i should win the award for taking the longest time doing such a simple job :lol: :lol: , still time and money have always been against me, wife and 4 kids come first at the end of the day

well ......ish :bonkers: :lol: there is a limit :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRST SILVER on Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 pm

jesus,,, ive just been through all 25 pages :lol:

it was quality reading...

keep up all the good work my friend :D
FRST SILVER
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 pm

i cringe when i look back in the thread, reminds me of all the things that pi$$ed me off back then :lol: :lol:
i will only go through all the pages again once the car is done :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Fri May 30, 2008 9:54 pm

I really hope you get it done in time for Ford Fair Jay, looks like a top job - she'll look stunning when completed :)

I think your title is now obsolete though mate - does anyone still use 56k modems?! :P
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby jayrs on Fri May 30, 2008 10:41 pm

i know of 1 person that does :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild update 30/5 still not finished! lol

Postby Brammer on Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 am

Always great to this thread moving up the front page Jay, i understand your situation as we've spoken a few times. Would be nice to see a completed car this year but if not theirs always next year mate :wink:
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat May 31, 2008 9:02 am

Your in the same situation as me with the family mate. My missis and little boy are the sole reason for having a family car and untill I can earn a little more money there wont be a fiesta at all :( Oh well like you said mate they come first and I'm sure I'l be able to borrow a little more money from my car finance people once I'v payed a little more off on the focus :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat May 31, 2008 11:15 am

cheers guys.
chris, next year is not a option, i WANT it done this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

niracka, we run a petrol ford galaxy and my xr2 at the mo and with 4 kids as i said it takes its tole and i cant spend as mush time and money on it as i would like, but family first at end of day, but when the rs is on the road i wont be in much to start with, i have 2 and a half years of rs driving to make up for, so get the family time in now :bonkers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 am

jayrs :chris, next year is not a option, i WANT it done this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well with only 3.5 months left in the show season do you think you could get it done, awesome if you can :Q
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat May 31, 2008 11:49 am

rs_brammer :
jayrs :chris, next year is not a option, i WANT it done this year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well with only 3.5 months left in the show season do you think you could get it done, awesome if you can :Q

mate, ive shaved my head to about 0.5mm long, was tempted to go proper slap head, the point..... ill try anything once mate :lol: :lol: watch this space :lol:

ill get a pic of the room i gotta clear for the rs :oooh:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild update 31/5 a step closer

Postby jayrs on Sat May 31, 2008 8:52 pm

right as a reminder, i have to sort the floor in the room next to the garage so i can put my rs in there to paint it etc, im sick of pushing it out, not being able to work on it when its raining or might rain etc, but the interest is back and ive been bloody busy today!

i had already cleared a load of $hit out of the room and what you see is what was left and what im up against!

random shot of the rs before it was moved

the room as it was this morning

and i got to fill this great gap in with 18 tonne of crushed concrete before i can scim 2+ inchs of cement over the top :rolleyes:

the works rest chair or in my case the smoking chair :lol:

nice clear room, ish

do i burn or take to the tip :lol:

and you can see why it was i put my foot through this fcuking floor many times :x

anyhow, apart from needing some bags or a couple of tonne sand bags to put a big pile of small stuff in the room is read for the stuff, just gotta wait for the money, fingers crossed it comes next week :)

thats all, i know its not a update on the car it self but its to do with the build as such so thought i would bung it up.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Sat May 31, 2008 10:00 pm

looks like you've got a bit of a job there mate!! good luck with getting to FF ! :)
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 2000 Volkswagen Bora

Postby jayrs on Sat May 31, 2008 10:39 pm

cheers dude :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Wow!!! what a difference!!!! Burn it!!!! Burn it all!!!!

Loving the smoking chair mate. Before I moved in with the missis me and my housemate had an old sierra seat for playing xbox and on in out livingroom lol. nothing in is more comfy than an old car seat to relax in.

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:30 pm

tell me about it, and i almost binned that seat :lol:

money for the new floor will be with me thursday or friday so im told :Q gunna get the guy to come up and make sure his 10 tonne lorry will get round the back before i order the stuff, but hopfully the floor will be complete within 2 weeks.
would like it done sooner but stuff prob be delivered till next monday then i gotta start shifting 18 tonne of hard core then prob another 3 tonne of ballest to mix up to float 3 inch of cement on the top :rolleyes:

still, as it says on my MSN, the balls rolling, i just gotta keep it moving, and ive had a serge of motivation to do things, so rs at FF, it might happen :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ghost on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:41 pm

:lol: :lol:

Funniest thing I've heard in a long time....Your RS at FF :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Nah good luck mate, glad the interest is back on!! Be nice to see you there with the RS!!
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.