fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild, off the road again :o(

Postby niracka on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Shame about the turbo Jay. As you said thaugh you do get what you pay for so would probably be best to buy new. Especially if your getting a warrenty with it.

Keep the updates coming in.

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby jayrs on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:21 pm

will do mate.
dunno whats happening this month, i want a turbo wife wants a new tv.
well tbh i want the tv also, we been talking about getting a new tv for about a year and really are just in a position to buy one.
got our eye on a 47 inch LCD tv, £730 though, turbo, tv, turbo, tv....

just hope the "on call" money and over time comes in this month, if it does i might be able to sqeeze both out of it, but imo if it has to be on or the other i would go for a turbo :oops:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby niracka on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

lol get the TV mate. Then she wont moan at you when you eventually get the turbo. Me and my missis are watching a 15" tv in the living room because our 32" widescreen blew up last week just after I sent payment for my new suspension lol. So thats got to wait a while to be replaced now haha.

At the end of the day the tv is for both of you so you will still get enjoyment out of it. Having said that thaugh I dont know if I could cope with having my car off the road but then you have got the xr2 lol. In your heart you know what to do ...............turbo turbo turbo turbo :devil: lol

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:46 pm

niracka :lol get the TV mate. Then she wont moan at you when you eventually get the turbo. Me and my missis are watching a 15" tv in the living room because our 32" widescreen blew up last week just after I sent payment for my new suspension lol. So thats got to wait a while to be replaced now haha.

At the end of the day the tv is for both of you so you will still get enjoyment out of it. Having said that thaugh I dont know if I could cope with having my car off the road but then you have got the xr2 lol. In your heart you know what to do ...............turbo turbo turbo turbo :devil: lol

Ollie

if the tv blew up claim off ya home insurance mate.

yeah the tv is for both of us thats true and i dont like to see the rs off the road after just 1 week of it being on the road, but dont forget, i took the xr2 off the road 2 days before the rs went back on and its still off the road, all i have is the work van!
shame really, xr2 had 3 months tax on it when i ttook it off road and everytime i went out to it i forgot the keys to get the tax disc out and cash it in, and its still sat there taxed! well till end of month any way, mot'ed also till about 7th novemeber.
the rs on the other hand, sat there, taxed, mot'ed and insured! :cry:

ah i dunno, the tv had dropped in price to £699.99 now so theres £30 saved, and i will pay cash so i would expect at least another 10%, at worst 5% off of that new price and something chucked in for free, even if its a couple of new scart leads :lol: :lol: :lol: , or i may just tell them i want free bracket for the wall or something :lol: :lol:

all that aside, yes i do want a turbo, but tbh its not gunna happen, tv is gunna be coming for sure i reckon, unless i get the standbay and over time money this month then maybe i may be able to get a turbo also but thats only about a 10% chance of happening, $hit, i got more chance of getting a email back from turbo technics than i have getting a turbo this month, 4 emails to them now asking for prices etc and any issuse with warranty i need to know about etc and fcuk all reply, not happy with them at all!
midland turbos dont even do a hybrid, well tbh they dont even know what turbo i want when i asked for one for a 91 FRST

and i quote

We do not do any type of upgrade. So unfortunately would not be able to help with this. If you still want costs for the unit that is on the vehicle we would need the part number off your unit.

no upgrades :-? , that leaves 1 turbo then and they need the part number :-? , hmmm, well 1 if they need the part number it cant say too much about the company, and 2, that T25 that was a direct replacment for a T2 on the FRST that matey was selling on here came from, oh yes, midlands turbos......... what can you say?????

i am starting to think it would be far easier just to fit a T3 :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:30 pm

t3 all the way mate...cheaper...better and a wide choice of hybrids... :devil: :Q
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby jayrs on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 pm

cheaper yeah but you know why i dont wanna go that route :lol:
mind you i will need a dead one to exchange if i did go T3
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:28 pm

all that aside, yes i do want a turbo, but tbh its not gunna happen, tv is gunna be coming for sure i reckon, unless i get the standbay and over time money this month then maybe i may be able to get a turbo also but thats only about a 10% chance of happening, $hit, i got more chance of getting a email back from turbo technics than i have getting a turbo this month, 4 emails to them now asking for prices etc and any issuse with warranty i need to know about etc and fcuk all reply, not happy with them at all!
midland turbos dont even do a hybrid, well tbh they dont even know what turbo i want when i asked for one for a 91 FRST

and i quote

We do not do any type of upgrade. So unfortunately would not be able to help with this. If you still want costs for the unit that is on the vehicle we would need the part number off your unit.

no upgrades :-? , that leaves 1 turbo then and they need the part number :-? , hmmm, well 1 if they need the part number it cant say too much about the company, and 2, that T25 that was a direct replacment for a T2 on the FRST that matey was selling on here came from, oh yes, midlands turbos......... what can you say?????

i got mine rebuilt by a mate at midland turbo with 360 deg bearing and all shot blasted but as i said before it wont boost i have changed everything mate!! when i have the cash i am starting a zt build all new no rebuilds/second hand junk !! that may take 4 years too ha ha !!lol :D

i am starting to think it would be far easier just to fit a T3 :([/quote]
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:07 pm

jayrs :
if the tv blew up claim off ya home insurance mate.

ah i dunno, the tv had dropped in price to £699.99 now so theres £30 saved, and i will pay cash so i would expect at least another 10%, at worst 5% off of that new price and something chucked in for free, even if its a couple of new scart leads :lol: :lol: :lol: , or i may just tell them i want free bracket for the wall or something :lol: :lol:

Well I would claim off the house insurance but I havn't actually renewed it just yet so will have to wait untill then. However might be moving out soon anyways so will have to wait and see.

It sounds like your a bit like me when it comes to getting your money's worth mate. I always hunt for a bargain and tell the salesman that he will give me it for this price and he will throw in this that and the other and it always works. My missis hates it and usually walks off but its just a game to me. Their objective is to get your money and your objective is to get the most out of them that you possibly can for as little as possible :lol: :lol:

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:04 am

dangerousdave, midlands turbo offered to rebuild mine for £175 plus vat as long as my shaft isnt worn and the exhaust hosuing isnt cracked, er, well its fairly common for the internal crack on T2, and as for shaft wearing, well thats 90% of the cause of T2 leaking oil so i dont think i would get value for money on that build

ollie, damn right! im thinking of seeing if i can get a day off work next week so i can spend plenty time getting the deal i want :Q , may even take a mate of mine along, he is the man! he doesnt not give up at all, he spent 20 mins trying to get money knocked of some ladders that were already discounted, ok he only got a fiver off but he laughed out side saying he was not going to be beaten :lol: :lol:

the other thing im going to use to my advantage is the fact they dont stock it so i have to wait, and will be without £700 for a few days, so lost interest in the bank etc :oops:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:43 am

Haha thats a good one I'l remember that!!!

I like to tell them to forget the whole thing and start walking away lol. I did that with my car when they tried to charge me for the tax and warrenty and they threw them in for free. This was after knocking £500 off the asking price :Q

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:00 am

its a buyers market mate, they want my money im i really dont wanna hand it over, so they are going to have to tell me something fairly damn good to get me to hand over £600 plus

just checked the currys web site, tv has dropped another £10 in 2 days.
think i'll start with something like, as its dropped £60 in the last month why should i pay todays asking price when in another month its could be £60 less than today....
ive mad up my mind, i wont pay a bean over £600 for it, now lesta see what happens next week :devil:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:35 am

Get them to throw in a dolby 7.1 surround sound with it :D
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:45 am

im liking that :Q wonder if they could chuck in a stage 1 T2 :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:46 am

Haha in your dreams mate!!
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:59 am

TV won the day

had a lot of hassle over this tv, and all i will say is fcuk currys, f**k there price matching crap, f**k the manager and f**k there customer service, went to argos in the end today and paid for the tv.
just watching the woman count £700 was enough to make you cry, but if i had, had any problems with argos i was gunna fcuk the tv off and just get the turbo, but no, it went smooth, so tv has come in place of the turbo.

i have not cashed the tax in on the RS, even though its had 1 weeks use since it went on the road begining of august, and i was toying with the idea of cashing it in today but decided against it, so so far for 1 week of the rs on the road its cost me 4 month tax :( bloody expensive just to of got it on road for fordfair :lol: :lol: , but i know what will happen, cash the tax in ill find money for turbo but not the tax again, leave it taxed and, well i prob wont find the money for the turbo :lol: :lol: , anyway on a lighter note, check the rs today as i moved in yet more mk2 spares to the workshop and all is well, its not even going mouldy inside yet which is good, unlike the xr2 sat outside which has a green furry steering wheel as its sat for 2 mopnths untouched, AND, it nearly started! just wasnt enough power in the battery but it turned it over for a good 5 seconds before starting to die off, now thats a good battery :lol:

ah well, no updates for a while now then, christmas round the corner no spare money for turbos and the tv fcuking skinted me out this month, well that and £100 on a stainless exhaust for the xr2 (dont ask)

the twin seal i was planning to do on the T2 failed, well no it didnt fail it never was tested, a oversite on my part saw it being unable to use, i got a messurement wrong by approx 10-20thou (2-4 hair thickness) and the shaft clamps up soild when put together, i there for really should fit a thinner seal, but i belive a seal thinner than the standard 1.58mm does not exist for the T2 turbo.
i have thought of other ways to mod the T2 turbo and if what im thinking is right, if this mod was done the turbo would work and be smoke free completly, but it means machining of the turbo body, and modding it etc which tbh untill i have my own lathe set up i dont even want to get into it, but ive had the machines for the last 2/3 years and they still aint set up so cant see it being anywhen in the near future so new turbo needed, althought a new shaft would do the job, i would have to have this balanced to a compressor wheels, which i canno do as my egineering table and knife edges are packed away :(

ah well, no real update just keeping anyone thats bothered informed of whats going on at the mo
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 pm

The problem with currys is it employs kids who dont give a fck about what they're selling, or who they're selling it to. They just wana goto work, sell anything to anyone for as much as they can an then go home to pick their spots, stare at posters of famous women they have wet dreams about and play sci-fi computer games. Really hate PC World, Currys and all of them. Its rare to find a decent member of staff in all of them, without generalising all of them because there are some good.

The saturday job kids who blatantly have no friends or drive to do well in life do get on my nerves though.
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 2000 Volkswagen Bora

Postby jayrs on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

the first guy that wife saw when she went in was a old guy, guy i saw when i went in was prob mide to late 20's, but clearly was a billy no mates, the manager, or "mangerment team" as it saidf on the badge was prob let 20's and although egar to make a sale didnt try hard enough.
the little blond bird with big smiles and all that in argos on the other hand was very helpful :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Well good to hear you got what you wanted in the end mate. Its just a shame you didn't manage to get anything extra but hey, such is life.

Hope you get a new turbo soon mate.

Ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:30 am

niracka :Well good to hear you got what you wanted in the end mate. Its just a shame you didn't manage to get anything extra but hey, such is life.

Hope you get a new turbo soon mate.

Ollie

i was mins away from scrappy the tv idea mate, got sick of the tv and we havent even got it yet!

decided not to cash the tax in on the rs after thinking about it, i dont want to buyt i may buy a second hand one for now just to get it back on the road.
3 reasons for this,

1, i want it back on road
2 i will have my garage near me but end of month (i hope if they fixed the door!)
3, i need the space in the workshop, got to move all the engineering stuff in there and machines as the garage there all in, at my uncles another property has now been sold and needs to be emptied within the next 3 months :lol: :lol: :lol: ah it couldnt of come at a worse time, cold, wet, windy :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh and the xr2 must go in there too :lol:
ah well, no matter, im sure the tv that has caused me soooooooo much hassle will be worth it :rolleyes:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BigUKG on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:45 pm

jayrs :the first guy that wife saw when she went in was a old guy, guy i saw when i went in was prob mide to late 20's, but clearly was a billy no mates, the manager, or "mangerment team" as it saidf on the badge was prob let 20's and although egar to make a sale didnt try hard enough.
the little blond bird with big smiles and all that in argos on the other hand was very helpful :lol:

A girl I used to have a little thing for worked in Argos! A couple of years older than me but only 5ft short and the definition of cute. The kid of girl whos attractive cos I just wana cuddle her and look after her :lol: She was very pretty though so I'm sure I could stretch to more than a cuddle :rolleyes:
Still talk to her on good old facebook every now and then!

Sounds like the garage/workshop stuff is pretty complicated mate, good luck with that!
Simples!
BigUKG
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 2000 Volkswagen Bora

Postby niracka on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 pm

well i do hope you get it sorted as I like your car and its a shame for it not to be on the road.

I found this. I know its on egay and it does say it has very slight play in the shaft but I don't know alot about turbos and have heard that tiny bit of play is not unusual. Might be worth a look thaugh??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SERIES-2-ESCORT-R ... 240%3A1318

Olie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:12 pm

BigUKG

she was alright in argos :wink:

as for workshop, its been ongoing for ages mate, been saying for years will get it set up and never got round to it, tbh should of had it sorted by now but problems etc stopped it and time and money but still

olie, cheers for that mate, T3 though, but im considering it now just as a temp thing, once christmas is out way and money is freed up again i will be getting a T2 again
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 am

Ah yes of course you said you wanted to maintain the drivability of the car with the less laggy turbo. Well keep your eye out and something may turn up.
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03 am

yeah im sure something will, never know, may be able to sort something before chrustmas but wont be holding my breath :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:47 am

im pretty sure the t25 from the rover coupe fits with a little bit of modding, and should be good enough for abut 250 bhp :)

You might need to mod the downpipe but come on, it will be better than the t3 :D
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 pm

indeed mate, but i would want to get hold of a t25 cheap, even if its fcuked to see what it would be like to fit and mod, no point paying out lots of money for a turbo that is no good.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:31 pm

no worries, i MIGHT be able to help out there.
One of my mates loves his rovers, and has a couple of T16 engines spare, if he has a turbo sitting il see about nabbing it off him and sending it up to you to experiment with :wink:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:42 pm

blinding mate :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:59 pm

how bout a t25 from a saab turbo ? i have one sitting :wink:
I could get it off in the next few days i think :Q
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:27 pm

sounds good mate.
however there is a slight problem, im skint! and im mean skint, the TV cleared me right out and i was expecting a bit of money this week for something and its now seems that 1 i have to wait longer or 2 i might not get it at all :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 pm

no worries mate, its FOC :P
i think it has a t3 mounting flange though, so you might need to change to a ERST manifold.
Or and adaptor plate, but the saab 9k t25s are good for 280 bhp IIRC :D
Il see if i can get it off for the weekend, if not it will be in 3 weeks time as im back over to ireland again to work :rolleyes:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:14 pm

damn, in that case better pull ya finger out :lol: :bonkers:

na its cool mate anywhere, i sure jon has a T3 manifold but will ask.
is this turbo a duffer yeah?
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:26 pm

i dont think its duff mate, might need some hot oil in it to free any corrosion points, but im sure there wasnt any play in it :)
but tbh even if it is, getting one cheap is easy, there are plenty going :P
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 pm

true mate.
its cool i await to hear from you then mate :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.