fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild update 30/7, getting close

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:03 am

forgot to add

the rs is insured as of 9am friday morning :Q

worked out in the end a extra £78.42 to insure the rs and that includes the £25 admin fee to change it over, and they have spread that over my next 3 months worth of payments so its all good.
so really, its cost me a extra £53.42 on top of the £185 (for the xr2) to insure the rs, hope it goes down more when its due to be renewed, i dont wanna be paying more than 200-250 a year for insurance :bonkers:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby niracka on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 am

You make me laugh mate. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

My insurance is £745 a year with me and the missis on our focus. This is one reason I can't have an RS yet :( :(

Your old thaugh. so I guess the young have to pay out for our dashing good looks and full heads of hair these days :lol: :lol: joking

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby Simon84uk on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:42 am

Haha what a massive co-incidence, exactly how mines sitting :o - XR2 pepperpot on rear and 5-spoke on front. Only whilst working on it though, picking up some wheels on way back from FF. They're only on so I could sort out the rear tyres.

Simon
1991 Fiesta RS Turbo - Project Thread - 285.8bhp, 320ft/lbs - Sold to a good friend :cry:.
Simon84uk
Post Master
Post Master
Your car: Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Brammer on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Jay have/did you manage to get the MOT sorted?? and when was the last you slept???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Sierra Cosworth

Postby FRSJON on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:21 pm

looking good mate...some one told me last night that it was already back on the road... :o :rolleyes: ...nearly... :Q
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Jay, well done on all the work you have done, its looking great :D
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Ram on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 pm

well done mate, let us know how ur test went :)
450 bhp moonstone blue 2wd saph
2012 E250 cdi Sport convertible
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mint Mk2 Cortina 2dr Zetec

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild update 30/7, MOT saturday!!!

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 pm

2 secs guys
had to remove my post, back up in a sec
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 pm

*edit, sorry i deleted post when i should of edited it*

ben working ass off today tieing up all the loose ends on the rs and gen getting stuff done as its booked in for MOT tomorrow (saturday) at 11am, fingers crossed :Q , it should pass, im 99.9% sure it will fly through, but without wanting to jinx anything my luck has got to run out somewhen , good things dont happen to me very ofton, like getting offered a job today too :lol:

anyway there are bits im not happy with, like the front bumper for one, so at some point i will repaint it, i put the passanger door kick trim on wrong :rolleyes: , i lined it up with the seal lip where i shoulf of lined it up with the resease where the skirt fits, teach me not to double check, clocked it as soon as i had done it and stood up to look :oooh: , oh well, ill get another at some point.
also i fixed the drivers door card, it wasnt in very good nick as the top was damaged and it is cracked right down, im using it for now untill i recover some black ones with the proper FRST top matrial :wink:

basicly its finished, not 100% finished as in all the bits i wanted to do are done, but there all little odds and sods that can be done anythime, for now, im gunna enjoy having it back :Q

random pics from today for your enjoyment

yes, thats a light blue ford badge :wink:

as said, MOT at 11 tomorrow, so got to get over early, still got to put the mesh on the front bumper , and once its out of the place its at and back on the road the front bumper and headlights etc will be fitted, no point doing it before as it will ground out all over the show trying to get off the property its at

will post some pics tomorrow of it all complete :Q
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:59 pm

niracka

im 28 ya cheeky git :lol:, but ive had my rs since i was 18 and i paid about 1200 fully comp back then if i remember right, so im getting the benifits back now :P

Simon84uk

its a sad sight seeing a mk3 on pepper pots, i mean a mk2 is 50/50, but i couldnt stand looking at them on the rs even though as you, there only on there while working on it

chris, MOT is for 2nd august at 11am, and i slept last night for a bit, didnt pull a all nighter in the end any time, which is good, as well as bad, if i had of done i could of prob had it MOTed with a few days to spare :lol: not half of one :lol: :lol: :lol:

jon, tell jay he should of gone to spec savers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
, mind you i passed him a couple of times in the xr, so maybe he confussed, but then again, i did whooooop his ass in a er, friendly drive just before i took it off road so im sure he would remember the car :lol: :lol: , hmm, mind you he only saw the back end then :bonkers:

Fezzy Turbo

cheers mate, any idea when yours will be on the road?

Ram

i might do, depends if i can stop driving it to get back on pc (if it passes) :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ram on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:03 pm

bloody hell u been flying through this rebuild! good work mate. my retest is at 11 tommorow too, good luck to us! off to the garage now to crack on with mine,

laters :)
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:12 pm

if i had my xr2 on the road still i would be back out there tinkering, but insurance changed over this moring so had to leave it where the rs is :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ram on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:18 pm

:lol: nothing beats being in the garage whilst everyone else is sleeping, its such a peaceful place to be :lol:
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Mate that looks soooo good!! Makes me feel all moist seing her with the badges on and green stripes :D

I can't believe how fast you'v managed to get her back together after all this time!!! I just wish I was going to be at ford fair to see her in the flesh.

As for you age, I'm 22 so I guess your not that old lol.

I think my insurance would be around the £500 mark on an rs at the moment but I wont find out untill I can increase my income by about £500 a month (allowing me to buy the missis things to keep her quiet and paying all the bills :rolleyes: )

Good luck for tomorrow mate. Nothing can stop you now :)

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 pm

ram, it does have its down falls, for a start the "garage" where the rs is , is 9 miles away, theres no water, well there is but i dunno where the stop 'conquering device' is to turn it back on but then it wont be hot, hell i cant even use the bog as the water aint on,
no heating, and its in the sticks and if there was a power cut, i wouldnt even get to the door as i would be in pitch black :lol: :lol: , and power cuts are common!

niracka, that £500 fully comp or TPFT?, i dont think thats a bad price really though, got all my stuff through for insurance on rs today, says total year price of £346.41, which is bloody expensive for me, ill be talking to them about it at renewal :lol: :lol:

mind you it is with everything declared, even the chip, cam etc etc etc, had to do it for the agreed value
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 pm

Fully comp I would hope but that would be totally standard. Not checked it for a while thaugh :-?

I have despirately wanted a frst for about 4 years now and as soon as things started to look like I would be getting one I have got a family lol and as you now they come first I'm afraid. So the frst will have to wait. However untill then I may buy an engine to rebuild and a few other bits to play with :D

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 pm

yes mate family does come first, thats one of the big reasons this "rebuild" has taken so long to do which really is, a simple -ish job, mind you i had my moments when she pi$$ed me off and i didnt touch it, i guess in losttime due to weather, me getting fed up and not bothering and lack of money/parts to get on even when i wanted to, i would say that easy mounts up for over a year, prob 14 months worth of not doing anything at all :(

anyway, dont let family get in your way of getting what ya want, i dont mean that in a nasty way, i mean re-buget, work a way round it/things.
ok its easier for me to say as i bought my rs when i was single, but within the first year of owning it i had met my now, wife, and got her up the duff :lol: , then i got made redundant :( , she tried to make me get rid of it but it didnt work, times were hard for us back then and i simply took her off the road, never thought of selling at any point as i knew things would get better and they did, then worse again but i wont go into detail, but the point im making mate, is ive been through some tough times and been as broke as a joke, and family has always come first, but 10 years on, home, wife, 4 kids, i still got her, and ive spent the last 2 and half years doing it up, and i hate to say it, but ive been out of work for a while so money has been tight, and at times very tight, and i can honestly say i know what its like to have not a single penny spare due to kids needing school stuff, or christmass, birthdays for them etc etc, but it can be done, you may have to sacrifice (sp) something your self to get it, maybe give up smoking, drinking, etc, but im a strong beliver in, if you want something, get it, lifes too short, and if you want it bad enough your find a way.

live for the now mate, you dont know what the future holds
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dontpannic on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Fingers crossed while touching wood we will see it at Ford Fair. Having taken the piss for a while now that is some serious work fella, and even if it doesn't make it you should be proud!!

Good luck for the MOT!

Nick
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:25 pm

cheers mate, dont stop the pi$$ taking though, gotta had a laugh still :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dontpannic on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 pm

Just thought I'd let you know though, piss isn't in the swear filter. Watch.

piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss piss

:lol:
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Postby jayrs on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:47 pm

thats better fcuker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

force of habbit mate, i post on other sites so just got used to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

you piss taking c*nt :bonkers: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:47 am

Looks great Jay the hard work has really payed off.

See you Sunday :wink:
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 am

cheers mate, yeah will see ya sunday, cant wait.
just wish things had turned out a little better, i know things are not perfect, but will have to do for now, the cost of rushing eh :rolleyes:

still, i want it back on road so i can live with it at the min, and ive seen some shocking things on cars at shows before so dunno what im worried about :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 am

It'll be fine mate, did you manage to repaint the front or is that still smudged??? or is a standard bumper going on for now??
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:27 am

Good luck mate
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:07 am

jayrs :yes mate family does come first, thats one of the big reasons this "rebuild" has taken so long to do which really is, a simple -ish job, mind you i had my moments when she pi$$ed me off and i didnt touch it, i guess in losttime due to weather, me getting fed up and not bothering and lack of money/parts to get on even when i wanted to, i would say that easy mounts up for over a year, prob 14 months worth of not doing anything at all :(

anyway, dont let family get in your way of getting what ya want, i dont mean that in a nasty way, i mean re-buget, work a way round it/things.
ok its easier for me to say as i bought my rs when i was single, but within the first year of owning it i had met my now, wife, and got her up the duff :lol: , then i got made redundant :( , she tried to make me get rid of it but it didnt work, times were hard for us back then and i simply took her off the road, never thought of selling at any point as i knew things would get better and they did, then worse again but i wont go into detail, but the point im making mate, is ive been through some tough times and been as broke as a joke, and family has always come first, but 10 years on, home, wife, 4 kids, i still got her, and ive spent the last 2 and half years doing it up, and i hate to say it, but ive been out of work for a while so money has been tight, and at times very tight, and i can honestly say i know what its like to have not a single penny spare due to kids needing school stuff, or christmass, birthdays for them etc etc, but it can be done, you may have to sacrifice (sp) something your self to get it, maybe give up smoking, drinking, etc, but im a strong beliver in, if you want something, get it, lifes too short, and if you want it bad enough your find a way.

live for the now mate, you dont know what the future holds

It only took me 2 days from meeting my missis to get her up the duff lol. I must have super sperms or something. :Q

At the moment I'm just paying the bils and the car finance ect and hopefully will have a new job soon which may help. One will be mine, oh yes one will be mine :devil:

ollie
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Well done on the MOT mate it all paid off in the end :D :D :D :D :D :D :Q
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:33 pm

does that mean its passed then?

good work if it has and enjoy it mate ;)
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby j7aoc on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:48 pm

I was told it did
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Good work Jay, now go and get some sleep as you don't want to miss the ferry :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry please don't blame me if you sleep in :aaah:
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FRSJON on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:18 pm

nice one mate...see ya at the ferry... :Q :Q :Q
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby Ram on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:33 pm

well done on passing mate :Q :Q :Q
Ram
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:27 pm

looks fooking fantastic jay

Love the boot badge and decal :D

Cant wait to see it jay - park next to me so i can drool over it all day :D
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby jayrs on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:47 pm

cheers guys
no bumper is the cossie one and no didnt get time to sort it.

yes it passed MOT, jamie, how the fcuk do you know :lol: :lol:

its taxed, mot'ed insured and touch wood running fine, boots loaded up just in case and all that.
didnt get time to clean the engine bay though :( , im going out there now under torce light to give it a go
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: fiesta rs turbo rebuild update 02/8, on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby j7aoc on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:50 pm

See you in the morning son :wink: George has just put some 18" on the cossy :Q
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.