fiesta rs turbo, updated, 29/03/16

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Postby Max M4X WW on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Brakes look good, nice colour. Ditch the D/V though!
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Merc CL500

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Postby jayrs on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:18 am

cheers dude, they only needed a clean up really but i just re painted them.

each to there own mate, i like the dump valve so shes staying :) plus it does help the life of the turbo :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby knuckles on Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 pm

my xr2i has the same 2 horns :oooh:

looking good jay - coming together nicely :Q

Your car makes me wish i had a red one, i will miss it :cry:
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby jayrs on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:09 pm

while its a shell paint it :bonkers:

yeah she doing good, was gunna fire it up saturday but weve had 2 days of rain here so far so i havent been out to it to finish off the lttle bits.
plus im skint now till newxt week so cant get a couople of gals of juice for it :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby allinking on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:01 pm

Looking good mate keep up the great work :)
allinking
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:57 pm

cheers dude.
pick up some decals from fords today, bit gutted about the light one as its the wrong one to what i had but i paid for it so ill use it or stick in the spares box.

also picked up a form for new vin plate, £40 plus vat though :o might get new one as it got a little damaged where the rivets go when the old rivets were drilled out, will see what its like when im next at the car cos i cant really rememeber tbh.
plus the fact a nice new vinplate looks a bit suss when people look at cars, not that im thinking of selling her, cos im not :lol: :lol: :lol: .

£40+ is a lot of cash for something thats not "really" needed but i'll see

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:50 am

Looking freaking genius matey.

I'll bear the brass nuts on the manifold in mind for when I get around to doing my 1.6- > 1.8 upgrade!
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:16 pm

cheers dude :)

yeah they were a good price mate
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:46 pm

no real update as such.
due to weather being bad and being skint this month nothings been done really, although its near ready to be fired up, lol.
well i have now got permission to use my uncles garage to sort the body work out and paint it, so got to pull it together and get it running as soon as so i can get it in the dry and get on with it.
wont be painted for a while though as i just dont have the cash for the paint yet.

today i set to on the remaining 2 front wheel arches, (body skirt) to restud them ready for when it goes in the garage for me to do the body work.
how ever, just as i was preping the new studs the drimmel broke, the drive spring inside broke so im a bit stuffed, i do have another drimmel but its at my parents house and i couldnt be bothered to go get it today as it was about 12pm when it broke.

but still the arches are 80% preped, just need to get my other drimmel to finish the prep work, then i can do it.

will be back out to the car at some point this week to get it fired up.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:09 pm

Good luck buddy.

Get some more pics on when you can :D
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:53 pm

will do mate.

gutted about the drimmel, relly pi$$ed me off, cos im not feeling too well so i was in my shed with the heater on all nice and warm plodding on, and then that :x
oh well, at lest most of the prep work is done as thats the hardest bit
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 am

You know when you've done, can you come up and do my 1.8 ?

You'll have to ask Santa for a new Dremmel :)
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:16 am

i could start a mobile business with the amount of people thats asked me that mate :lol: :Q

im gunna call black and decker and get a new drive spring.

best do seeing as its not even my drimmel and i borrowed it about 6 years ago :oooh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:30 pm

right, after the wind and rain thats weve had going on for a while, as it was a good day today i went out to do some bits, there wasnt much to do really, just the little bits.

anyhow i got out to my parents place to find my dad fixing the fence as the wind had done its bit, so i helpped him do that which took a while so i only had a few hours on it till it got dark.
so i dropped the tank and fitted the filler neck up, that was a right pain as the end would turn (where it fits on rear panel) so i had to spray some spray grease on it and let it work its way under but got it back up and on not long after, litted tank back up and all good, all breathers connected and cable tied up nicly.
job jobbed.

next up was the brakes.
as the system way empty we knew it could be a focker, but it wasnt really that hard, it just ment that i had to put a cap on the reservior with a pipe (from my easy bleed kit) and blow on it while my dad had a bleed nipple open, after about 10 seconds the fluid had gone down enough to do the "up, down" bleeding.
done as the book says (drivers front, passanger rear, passanger front, drivers rear) it was all bleed through in about 10 mins :D
before you ask why i didnt use the easy bleed kit, simple, cos its cr@p, might just be my cap but anymore than a farts worth of pressure and fluid comes out from under the cap, and with a fresh painted engine bay and fresh painted everything i didnt want brake fluid all over the show.
anyhow, i also decided after a talk with my dad to go with the DOT 4 fluid, which is normal fluid.
i did buy 2 litres (over the top i know) of DOT 5.1 which has a higher boiling point etc but after reading a couple of things about i decided it wasnt for me, never had a prob with DOT 4 so shouldnt now.

only other thing i done was washed the new arch liners i got.
not brand new, off a 1.3 ghia some guy was stripping, with some of the other bits i got they prob cost me about £2 for the pair :) so cleaned them up and left them to dry, need doing again as 1 was caked in mud.

thats about it really, didnt do anything else to her today as it was about 3pm but this time and within a hour it would of been near pitch black so packed up and came home

but i dont see it as a waste of a day, the "2 man" work has been done so i can get one with the rest myself which is the following that need to be done

connect battery
fit breather pot
fit air filter (when i get find some alloy pipe)
fill with oil and re prime pump
connect plug to fuel pump sender
pray everything electrical works still, like alarms and imobilizers
put some jungle juice in
and fire the mother up

not much as you can see, but with the weather and not being able to work on it, i sort of lost a bit of interest, thats why i havent rushed my self for what is just silly little jobs.
no matter, when i got soem spare cash i will get a couple of petrol cans of juice for it, and im gunna need that as the fronts gunna be up in the air still when its started to check for leaks etc

and thats it for now, nothing major :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby XRMike on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:38 am

Looking great mate!! :D
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:07 am

oh, forgot to say, got a new drive spring for the drimmel so i can finish the arch restuding now, might do it sunday
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TomRS1800 on Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:26 am

:D So you got it all done yet Jay? :P
What come's next? who care's, why worry about things over which you have no control. Freedom is a voyage of discovery with all the enjoyment of seeing things and experiencing events for the first time. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
TomRS1800
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:16 pm

not yet dude, lost a bit of interest TBH, plus i went to finish my breather pot off the other day only to find my super duper glue has seen better days so i had to bin the glue.
just waiting for my mate to er, borrow some more from work when he goes on shift again tomorrow :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 pm

only a small update, well not even that really
just wanted to show a pic of a my turbo pre filter i won off ebay.
once i have the car running etc im gunna have a new turbo feed pipe made up and this inline.
cant find any info on them on the web site though, so just play it by ear, aint gunna do no harm even if it dont do no good :cry: :cry:

couldnt get it apart as i wanted to clean it and see 100% what was inside buti wasnt about to naff the end caps up trying to get them off, so i just blasted carb cleaner in and tbh, it wasnt that mucky inside and its nice and clean now :DD:

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:52 pm

update

well not much of one :lol: :lol: .

went over to help my parents put up the christmas lights and once finished had a hour and bit of day light left so thought, yeah, get wheels on, fit drivers arch liner, stick wheels on front and lower front on to the drive on ramps so i can pack the crain away and fit bonnet.

oh no, not that easy, at this point i must just say this

"note to self, fit the fu cking bonnet hinges BEFORE the bulkhead panel plates and wiper mech next time"

oh yes, what a focker that was, plus the paint in the threads didnt help winding them in by hand so that took ages, longer than it should tbh, so all i got done was fitted the back wheels, the bonnet hinges and the bonnet :lol: :lol:

also my mate came through for me and got me some more plexus so i can crack on and sort the breather and the 2 arches sometime in the week, prob tomorrow afternoon or something but it aint gunna get to the workshop before christmas now so no point rushing
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fezzaboy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 am

ime stil gonna win dude lol gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
fezzaboy
Poster
Poster

Postby jayrs on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:02 pm

mate, it has wheels on now and a bonnet.
hell its nearly ready to be put on the 4 wheels.
well ok its been like that for a while but you aint gunna win my friend whoo ha ha ha :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:48 pm

after going down to my uncles workshop and messuring up, the front room part of the work shop which is the garage part is gunna be too small, the car will go in and with 1 side near hard up again the bench (which is massive and cant be moved) i leaves about 3 foot the other side.
this is ok to work on the car but not any good for replacing the doors and spraying, so im not even gunna bother clearing it to put car up there as it just aint worth it :(

so now ive lost total interest in the car for time being.

only thing i can now think of is seeing if my uncle will let me build a makeshift shed on the gounds near the workshop.
it wont cost much as i know where i can get lots of good ply wood for free so boarding the shed on the out side is fine but i would have to buy some wood for the frame, which isnt gunna break the bank as i'll use cheap cr@p as it would be ripped down once finished with.

this is if my uncles lets me do it, and seeing as he dont know i was gunna be spraying the car in the garage :wink: he soon will when i ask about this so not holding my breath.
and cant even do the makeshift shed at parents place, although there house is detached there are people next door and i dont think there take to kind to spray fumes, although i dont give a toss, my parents live there and they wouldnt want it i dont think so this "rebuild" could now be put on hold till summer time or as such time as i save enough money for getting the car sprayed at a garage or find somewhere else :(

oh well $hit happens, if i can be assed i might see about starting it up before new year, if not ill cover it over and forget about it till summer time :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:55 pm

:( That would seem utterly criminal. There must be SOMEONE with a place big enough to let you spray it? I didn't want to have to fork out £1k+ on a respray either, would rather do it alongside the person who was going to do the final spraying in order to a) reduce costs and b) do the larger chunk of the work myself, i.e. prepping, and filling/smoothing and polishing. I think you'd have to be really good mates with the guy to do that (e.g. Adamski and Jamie, his bodyshop mate), so the chances of doing it are slim :(
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby jimmyesh on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:23 pm

Sorry to hear that about the premises mate, hope you get the shed built up so you can get it done. Shame you're on that little island, if you were nearer to me I'd let you use my workshop.
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby jayrs on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:37 pm

cheers guys.
im gutted, i dont know why but i under estimated the size of it :(
i hear ya james, i dont wanna pay for someone to do the work i can do my self.
ok im not a sprayer but i done the bay and apart from a couple of tiny runs (you cant even see) in the areas that are hard to get at it came out fine.
my dads painted loads of cars in his time so he would prob do it, and the father inlaw is a panel beater sprayer, but he go heart problems so prob not best for him to do it :lol:

jimmyesh, cheers for the offer dude, if i were closer i would take you up on it :)

no matter though, i might see if i can talk my mum into letting me build something in the garden, my dad wouldnt mind, all his worried about is the temp for spraying :lol: :lol: but im gunna leave it alone and see what i can sort in the new year.
but its my mum i got to get round, and thats gunna be a hard one :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:47 pm

well chaps, and chap-ets i went out to the car today at 1.30pm to see what i could get done before it got dark.

i went armed with 2 gallons of petrol too this time

i fixed up the breather pot, if you dont know i cut it open and modded it so it can be taken apart and cleaned etc, ok its not the best looking thing in the world now but it does as a basis as i plan on making my own strippable alloy one if and when i get a lathe over from my uncles old workshop.
anyhow i sorted that, realised i still handed put the accelerator pedal on , so whacked that on quick.
filled it with a nice 50/50 mix of antifreez and water, and filled with oil

fitted breather pot, and went to fit new air filter and found the bit of pipe i was gunna use to connect it was too small, DOH
no matter, i just stuck the old filter back on.

put the petrol in, and connected the battery.
pulled the fuse to the fuel pump and cranked it over a few time to get some oil moving.
by this time it was getting dark but coundn't be assed to stop there seeing how close i was.
clocked i handn't connect the fuel pump plug due to disconnecting it the other day when i dropped the tank i plugged it in, stuck fuse back in and turned key......

to find the battery wouldnt turn the engine, seems i should of left it on charge a little longer :lol: :lol: :lol:

no matter i took the one off my fez run around and banged that on.

primed fuel system, then came the big turn.

and she fired into life with first turn of key :D :D :D
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

by this time its fairly dark, no it was fudgekin dark but i left her on tick over for about 20mins and she got up to working temp and oil pressure was fine.
no smoke, no leaks, from what i could see with torch and she ticked over fine.
give it some small revs and she was still good.
after the fan cut in to start cooling i left it another few mins and shut her down.

very happy at this point, i had no doubt it would fire up, i was a little worried about the alarm and immobilizer but they work fine

so all in all im well chuffed right now

the fact i have no where to do body work doesnt bother me right now anymore :D :D
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby garyhurn77 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:02 pm

fantastic news fella :D :D :D :D
garyhurn77
Post Master
Post Master

Postby adam_frst on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:16 pm

really glad to hear its up and running, just a shame about the bodywork issues,wot is it your after somewhere to spray it? if so ill prbably be able to find you somewhere, ill have a word with some people, how long would it be for? ill have to come and look at this sometime!
adam_frst
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:49 pm

cheers guys.

yeah just somewhere to paint it now.
will be trying to get my mum to let me make something up in the garden that way i dont have to move it as such but im not holding my breath, but stranger things have happend :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby XRMike on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Thats great news mate, something less to worry about, i hope you get something arranged to allow your car to be resprayed. Have a nice christmas :)
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:48 pm

cheers bud.
have a good one too mate :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Liebo on Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:48 am

This is excellent news, really pleased for you. You deserve a break like this after all the hard work you have put into it.

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of places to do the bodywork but that's something you may have to nip over to mainland to do now she's running again :D

Looking forward to the next update and have yourself a merry Chistmas and give my regards to your missus :)
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:55 am

cheers mate.
na wont be taking it to mainland to do painting.

well, tbh i wont be touching it till new year now, well i might go start her up again boxing day when im over my parents place :bonkers:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:37 pm

Awesome news :D Must be nice to hear it running again and go through the warm-up, fan-on sequences etc with no bother! :aviator: A good point to reach before christmas :Q Have a good one!
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.