[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
fiesta st170 turbo : Member's Gallery - Page 5 | Fiesta Forums

fiesta st170 turbo

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: fiesta st170 turbo

Postby jimmyesh on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Just looking at your transmission mods, very similar to what I've done to mine (I used a "Duratec" casing though) so I can feel your pain! :P I used the Focus top and rear trans mounts instead but like you, had to hack into the inner wing a bit. When I built the "MANJ" I used the Focus clutch master cylinder and made a hybrid pedal box, this time though I found it easier to use a MK5 Fiesta pedal box.

Can't wait to see this car at next year's shows, could do with some of those lower arms for mine as well I think! :oooh:
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby crazycage on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:24 pm

jimmyesh :Just looking at your transmission mods, very similar to what I've done to mine (I used a "Duratec" casing though) so I can feel your pain! :P I used the Focus top and rear trans mounts instead but like you, had to hack into the inner wing a bit. When I built the "MANJ" I used the Focus clutch master cylinder and made a hybrid pedal box, this time though I found it easier to use a MK5 Fiesta pedal box.

Can't wait to see this car at next year's shows, could do with some of those lower arms for mine as well I think! :oooh:

i used a mondeo top mount and focus rear mount . the bottom arms make such a difference mate :D 350ftlbs just squashes the bushes in the arms and changes all you geometry. on a hard launch it pushes them right back if you get me?
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:54 am

I'll send an email to that address you posted on the previous page and hopefully get a set made for mine :D Thanks for your help mate.
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby crazycage on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 am

jimmyesh :I'll send an email to that address you posted on the previous page and hopefully get a set made for mine :D Thanks for your help mate.

tell him i sent you mate . :D
gary.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:32 pm

was at the pod on the 17th sept for the day :D the car ran sweet all day done about 15 runs most of them in the 12s the best being 12.7 again lol and at only 1.2bar boost around 300-320hp ,it was a very cold overcast day.

every time we try and run more boost like 1.6bar we need to pull loads of ignition out and i mean loads :o turns out the turbine housing is too small :x and causing bad back pressure so the turbo is off and i have a new housing on its way to me this week :) so should see a good hike in power very soon.
Last edited by crazycage on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby fiestajames on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:43 pm

awesome mate
fiestajames
Poster
Poster
Your car: xr2i

Postby FRSJON on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 pm

nice one mate,hope it sorts your issues and it goes even faster... :Q
FRSJON
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: frozen white/carbon zt

Postby Ruishy1 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 pm

if you couldnt get another housing, cut back blades would help :)

glad its going well mate, its giveing me inspiration to get my finger out with my mr2 :rolleyes:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am

Ruishy1 :if you couldnt get another housing, cut back blades would help :)

glad its going well mate, its giveing me inspiration to get my finger out with my mr2 :rolleyes:

fitted the new 0.86 housing last night :P and had quick blast in it just to see if its made it laggy :-? and im happy as foock it spools about 200rpm later than my old 0.64 and that was like a n/a car :D so more mapping tonight should see 1.6bar easy now
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Dave G fsi on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Sounds good mate! :Q
Dave G fsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mk1 FRS and FRST

Postby crazycage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:38 pm

well just got back from a white knuckle ride didn't get 1.6bar :-? but it housing has done all it should of :D loads of top end power maxed out the injectors :x @1.45bar !!! and was still taking fuel and ignition at that boost, power should be 350 as it is now and more to come :Q
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby luca on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 am

crazycage :well just got back from a white knuckle ride didn't get 1.6bar :-? but it housing has done all it should of :D loads of top end power maxed out the injectors :x @1.45bar !!! and was still taking fuel and ignition at that boost, power should be 350 as it is now and more to come :Q

When you next at the strip mate, you need to see what this will do now hey, with more topend umph in the rev range you should sneak in a mid-low 12. :wink:

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
luca
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:11 pm

luca :
crazycage :well just got back from a white knuckle ride didn't get 1.6bar :-? but it housing has done all it should of :D loads of top end power maxed out the injectors :x @1.45bar !!! and was still taking fuel and ignition at that boost, power should be 350 as it is now and more to come :Q

When you next at the strip mate, you need to see what this will do now hey, with more topend umph in the rev range you should sneak in a mid-low 12. :wink:

think i will just wait till central day now mate . need some bigger injectors what do you run?? :)
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

i dont think you will last till central day garry i think youll get it running sweet and you just wont be able to ressist mate :P
lol well done mate its looking better and better everytime i see it :)

danny
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm

creator :i dont think you will last till central day garry i think youll get it running sweet and you just wont be able to ressist mate :P
lol well done mate its looking better and better everytime i see it :)

danny

no mate its running sweet as it is, i just cant run any more boost till i get some bigger injectors:x and im getting some top mounts and a change in management aswel.

(tho i did think of going back the pod :o )

i need to tidy up the engine bay :) the conversion was a bit of a rush for classic ford show and make sure i was happy with it and i am so some seam sealer and fresh paint wont go a miss
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:11 pm

yeah heard you were needing some new injectors mate. what managment you running at the mo? and what are you thinking of changing to?
i may have found a box for mine :) but still havnt got it back from having it bored ect :( so doesnt look like ill be out again this year :(.
get it back to pod gary before the years out then you can set yourself higher targets for next season :D

danny
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:24 pm

creator :yeah heard you were needing some new injectors mate. what managment you running at the mo? and what are you thinking of changing to?
i may have found a box for mine :) but still havnt got it back from having it bored ect :( so doesnt look like ill be out again this year :(.
get it back to pod gary before the years out then you can set yourself higher targets for next season :D

danny

ive been running gotech for the last 4 years and its done me well :) but two of my mates run on megasquirt and its a far better management for a road car imo.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:17 pm

small up-date got my new 780cc injectors these should be good for a bit more power lol.

crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:30 pm

nice one gary :) where did you get them from in the end mate? the states? and what inlet you going for now mate or is it a secret lol?

danny
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:39 pm

creator :nice one gary :) where did you get them from in the end mate? the states? and what inlet you going for now mate or is it a secret lol?

danny

the inlet will be exactly the same mate ,and yes got the injectors from the states,its the other parts that i have in mind for central day that are a secret :o
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:56 pm

crazycage :
creator :nice one gary :) where did you get them from in the end mate? the states? and what inlet you going for now mate or is it a secret lol?

danny

the inlet will be exactly the same mate ,and yes got the injectors from the states,its the other parts that i have in mind for central day that are a secret :o

lol no need to be like that mate :( sounds like your going for about 450 bhp??? lol wish i could afford to get mine built up for central day but its never going to happen unless i win the lotto lol. really cant wait to see yours on the new spec mate and have a good snoop round your engine bay :Q

danny
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:06 pm

creator :
crazycage :

danny

lol no need to be like that mate :( sounds like your going for about 450 bhp??? lol wish i could afford to get mine built up for central day but its never going to happen unless i win the lotto lol. really cant wait to see yours on the new spec mate and have a good snoop round your engine bay :Q

danny

im confident i will be the fastest fwd there on the day.
p-s you not need a inlet for yours ?? or a exhaust manifold?
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:24 pm

how much would you make the manifold for gary??, nice and cheep if a few people would be interested?? :D
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:32 pm

dangerousdave :how much would you make the manifold for gary??, nice and cheep if a few people would be interested?? :D

inlet or exhaust ?? i do both .
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:34 pm

sorry mate exhaust, maybe interested in the near future plus if you did a group buy thread for some maybe a few guys would consider it as most would of seen your car too!! :D :D
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:39 pm

dangerousdave :sorry mate exhaust, maybe interested in the near future plus if you did a group buy thread for some maybe a few guys would consider it as most would of seen your car too!! :D :D

could do mate.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:38 am

the inlet will be exactly the same mate ,and yes got the injectors from the states,its the other parts that i have in mind for central day that are a secret :o[/quote]

danny[/quote]
im confident i will be the fastest fwd there on the day.
p-s you not need a inlet for yours ?? or a exhaust manifold?[/quote]

im pretty confident that you will be the quickest fwd ford too mate,iv got an exhaust manifold but if this inlet idea doesnt pull off for me mate ill let you know :Q
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:48 pm

my new top mounts will be fitting these at the weekend :D

crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby creator on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:52 pm

was just scrolling throught this thread see if id missed anything mate lol.they look nice gary where you had them from if you dont mind me asking? will they help with getting power down or torque steer? or anything like that mate? im hoping for a big update after xmas mate lol
creator
Post Master
Post Master

Postby crazycage on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm

creator :was just scrolling throught this thread see if id missed anything mate lol.they look nice gary where you had them from if you dont mind me asking? will they help with getting power down or torque steer? or anything like that mate? im hoping for a big update after xmas mate lol

there from 909sport mate, they should help with torque steer ect as it gets rid of the standard rubber s**t that flexes all aver the place ,i got them to complement my bottom arms as there rose jointed too ,every little helps :)
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 pm

what ecu you going for next then mate? megasquirt?

top mounts look smart, they getting welded on or bolted on?

:Q
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 pm

dangerousdave :what ecu you going for next then mate? megasquirt?

top mounts look smart, they getting welded on or bolted on?

:Q

yes megasquirt ive already got it :) ,them top mount just bolt in you just have to drill two holes direct fit.
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

Postby So_SiMpLe_ on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Great car mate!

How many hp you got now?

What's the 0-60 time?
So_SiMpLe_
Poster
Poster

Postby dangerousdave on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 pm

been looking at the megasquirt 2v3 on diyautotune.com in the states, look very good and a reasonable price too, :) ill be lookin closly at this one as i may sell my ofac, loom and superchip to get one :)
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby crazycage on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 pm

So_SiMpLe_ :Great car mate!

How many hp you got now?

What's the 0-60 time?

i won the fwd class at ford fair this year with a 5.03 @1.2bar boost and a 5.24 @0.9bar boost with about 300hp and only had them two runs it was far to busy :(
engine is now doing about 350hp but maxed out my injectors ,ive got some bigger ones and a new management system so will be on the dyno about march next year hoping for 370+hp
crazycage
Post Master
Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.