fiesta turbo performance

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

fiesta turbo performance

Postby jamesdawson70 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:52 pm

got a fiesta rs turbo with the followin mods

low comp pistons
lightened and balanced crank.
high lift cam+vernier pulley.
port/polished head.
T28 hybrid turbo. running 12 psi
big intercooler/samco hoses.
performance filter.
165 superchip.
s/s scorpion full exhaust 4 inch

ment to be running 190 bhp was told it flys in 1st and second the turbo kicks in very early on standard acutator usein bleed valve to get 12psi but top speed its not very good had 120 out of it on an arrage road but odesnt seem to be mutch power towars the end of mid range and then top speed anyone know why this could be dont know mutch about car

could it be its not set up properly and may be running lean high rpm and top speed? or cud it be the low compresion pistions makein it better at bottom end and takein top end away i have owned 3 so far one my first standard one went stright to 130 on the same road

and does any know how i could get faster mid range and top speed how mutch diffrence would it make puttin cossy fuel pimp on,195 chip and injectors would this get my top speed good and may be running 15 psi

cheers james any advice please
jamesdawson70
Poster
Poster

Postby j7aoc on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:04 pm

As you said stage 2 would help but t3 is just what you need for top end/mid. Your car won't be running 190bhp your power will be more like 150 to 170bhp is it was set up
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Oranoco on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:56 pm

As above mate. The 165 chip means you are still running the standard blue injectors so 190bhp is just a dream. 155-170bhp will be nearer the mark.

Personally I would rather see a T3 on there as even a hybrid T2 struggles to deliver the goods as the engine consumes the air quicker than the turbo can produce it.

Which cam are you running and which intercooler as these are vital bits of kit to get right to achieve results

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jamesdawson70 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:28 am

not sure wot the cam is but goes loads from about 2k to 4.5 may be 5 then fisels out a bit the intercooler is in the standard place and is twice as thick as normal one pace one think it is. cant realy aford to be buyin turbos and thiers allways a risk of it been doddgy and mine is spot on. do u recon doing the stage to and runnin 15 psi wud push it to 130 easy rather than 120 and how mutch more petrol are these injectors gonna use and do they still use lots drivin slow speeds. and also never got told which chip it was and it doesnt have 165 on it it has no writein not even say ofac or which ever it is the lad who i bought it off said for more power wud need injectors and fuel pump pretty sure its not the 195 chip on it though or cud it run with standard injectors

james
jamesdawson70
Poster
Poster

Postby j7aoc on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:17 am

jamesdawson70 :not sure wot the cam is but goes loads from about 2k to 4.5 may be 5 then fisels out a bit the intercooler is in the standard place and is twice as thick as normal one pace one think it is. cant realy aford to be buyin turbos and thiers allways a risk of it been doddgy and mine is spot on. do u recon doing the stage to and runnin 15 psi wud push it to 130 easy rather than 120 and how mutch more petrol are these injectors gonna use and do they still use lots drivin slow speeds. and also never got told which chip it was and it doesnt have 165 on it it has no writein not even say ofac or which ever it is the lad who i bought it off said for more power wud need injectors and fuel pump pretty sure its not the 195 chip on it though or cud it run with standard injectors

james
It sound like it's a stage 1 chip if you can't aford t3 i would just pay to have it R/R tuned around the £130-£160 ish as long as it's a good tunner you will drive away and feel a big differents and they will tell you if there's any thing wrong with the car then save up for the t3 you can start getting all the part's over time that would help with the cost
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby fizzyturbo on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:29 pm

definately not 190bhp. my old fiesta had full rebuild, stage 2 t3, piper285t cam, cossie fuel pump, preo alloy front mount cooler and @ 13psi that made 178 or 176 bhp i cant remember which. but if you get the car set up on the rollers it will make a very noticeable difference.

but if you are looking for the 190 - 200hp mark you will need an urapted actuater, better fuel pump, beige 701 injectors and a stage 2 chip.

and yeah the t3 will have a lot more bottle on top end, but a bit slower on low end acceleration
finally im back in a fiesta turbo after a headache of building a bmw turbo
fizzyturbo
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.