Fitting a 1.25 zetec from a MK4 into me H reg Mk3 !

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby MadcatCraig on Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:33 pm

is it possible ? my silly mom wrote her car off (she went into the back of the other person) and im gonna see if i can keep the car ! the engine is a nippy little fook and i had it pushing nearly 115 down motorway when i used to drive it ! and it accelerates all the way upto that ! this would be much more insurance friendly ! can it be done without huge mods to the structure of the car ie engine mounts etc ? even my referbed 1.1 just aint quick enuf !
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby Robz_Fester on Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:02 am

For zetec conversions check: http://www.fiestaprojects.com

Quite a bitta work mate!

You get my msg? Do you wanna meet up Sunday afternoon (gotta be then [ERRR] me motors in the bodyshop all weekend)

Cheers Rob.
Robz_Fester
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby BeemanFRST on Mon Nov 12, 2001 3:56 pm

ye, their is quite a lot of work involved, 2 of me mates did it and it took a couple of months, and they both work in Ford.
Image Image
If you know anyone from Ireland selling either a frst, or frst engine let me know +353868436316
BeemanFRST
Irish Fiesta
Irish Fiesta

Postby Project on Mon Nov 12, 2001 7:56 pm

Think you can do a lot of the work beforehand. Just need to swap the fuel tank when you swap the engines. ECU should go straight into the blanking slot, loom will need patching, you'll be well off with a wiring diag and a translator ( :oooh:).

You'll also need an exhaust made up. Anyone with a mandrel can make up the centre section - get your mum's one off and see how similar it is to yours.

It shouldn't be a great deal of work, just the little fiddly bits that you have to get right. :rolleyes:

That said, it'll be niiiiice when it's done :smile:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Excursion on Tue Nov 13, 2001 8:36 am

fitting a mk4 dashboard will be your best bit because youll need the EECV wiring loom, you've basically got to convert the engine bay to mk4 - so this means the new heater box and fan/bulkhead panels and loom. Youll have to convert the engine to a mk3 rad using flexihose.

Ive thought about this conversion b4 but was going to be too much time as I needed the car on the road - originally amde me think was the fact the engines/wiring/hoses go for £200 round here some with only 8k on the clock - worthwhile.

PS bear in mind they aint economical in the slightest
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby Project on Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:09 pm

Huh?

Mark, why?

So you can't just patch in the right wires???

It's only a bloody engine ffs! :sad:

Bloody Ford :mad:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby fiestastyle on Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:41 pm

If you do get to keep the car, how much you want for the rear bumper, tailgate and heater matrix!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:
fiestastyle
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Excursion on Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:08 pm

Al all the mk4's are on EECV management and theres a hell of a lot more wiers in the engine bay sensor side of things. Its easier to fit the dash cos then the wiring can follow all the correct routes etc.

It could be spliced into the mk3 loom I would have thought but would takea good weekend to do.
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.