Fitting Pipercross Induction Kit

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Fitting Pipercross Induction Kit

Postby Batch on Tue May 16, 2006 5:18 pm

hi guys, have looked around especially online but no where seems to do a proper guide for fitting a pipercross induction kit on a ford fiesta mk5. the instructions that come with it a absolutely sh*t so if anyone could help out that'd be wicked if not then im gonna go for it n i'll post how to actually do it on here (IF and i mean IF i succeed).
cheers.
Batch
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby KEVFRST on Wed May 17, 2006 2:52 pm

hi mate, i take yours is the airbox behind headlight model? In all honesty its very straight forward, here is a link to the K&N Instuctions wich may help as the kits are very similar.

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/57-0347.pdf
KEVFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

HOW TO FIT (Fiesta MK5 2000)

Postby Batch on Thu May 18, 2006 9:37 am

All Done People and christ does it make a difference! acceleration is better and more responsive, the roar is awesome! you gotta get one o these! was a right Bic™ to fit though cos the instructions are awful so i'll go through it in steps that are far easier to understand- even though there arent any pics- soz!

1 Firstly take off the breather hose that the bit of tubing that goes into the air box (top left as you look at it).

2 Then unscrew all the torx screws around the air box, thats the big plastic cover bit sitting on engine that says 16v zetec-s on it.

3 As you try to take that bit off it'll be stopped by a larger flexi hose on the right n a lil bit down, you'll see the peice o crap when you tug at the air box lid. undo the hose clip that is on it- don't be gentle just get a screw driver n pry it off (you dont need these).

4 Your lid will now come away, undo the second hose clip which is a little further down the flexi hose you just already took one off of- then take away the peice of hose. (you will now see a hard plastic entrance to your management system where you took this away- we'll come back to this).

5 Now you will see some plastic curvy things inside a sort of surround- dont touch anything to do with the curvy things! however this surround-looking thing is the airbox base and so unscrew the remaining torx screws that are attached to it- make sure you have all screws un done- there is always one you f*cking miss!

6 This box base will now lift away with little effort! you have now completely removed the air box- next is get the intake plastic hosing that leads from front of your grill area and comes into another peice of hard plastic hosing that leads to where airbox used to be- take both of these out.

7 Now back to the air box-less area, there is a long peice of tubing with some heat protector stuff over it coming out of the engine- this is your breather hose. in your box of goodies is a small piece of piping and a breather which is the small thing with mesh inside mesh- you'll know what i mean. Now you can either just simply stick the metal tube into the end of the hose then fit your breather onto it and fasten then secure it with the cable ties provided. OR do what i did which is cut the loose hosing right down to an 'L' shape pointing up and fit the breather so it is facing upwards showing that ''PX'' sign- this looks cool btw!

8 When you've fitted the breather pick up one hose clip provided and the new metal intake pipe provided. go back to your management system where you removerd the flexi hose and two other hose clips before and fit this pipe over the entrance (basically where that flexi hose used to be) making sure you fasten it with that hose clip!!! This is a bit of effort and don't feel like it's gonna fit- just use a bit o force- the metal hose goes outside of the management entrance.
By the way on this metal piping there is an end with the bend or turn in it, this is what bit goes in that entrance and shold result in leading the end of the piping over in front of battery/behing headlight...

9 Then take your supercharger filter (cone filter) and take the yellow can of dirt retention spray and spray all over THE OUTSIDE of the black polyurethane cone generously and leave it for a few minutes- you should top up the cone a tiny tiny bit every couple weeks if you can but this is not at all compulsory.

10 Now take the filter AND HOSE CLIP and the end of the silver filter piping goes in the end of the piping coming from the management entrance push it in as far as will go and should sit neatly behind the headlamp in the gap- then fasten with the hose clip!

11 make sure it is all secure and double check all fittings- remeber to stick on that little pipercross sticker to cos 1 it looks cool and 2 it makes sure any Service or MOT mechanic won't touch it!

Any questions or queries just ask n i'll clarify i hope these instructions are clear enough.
Batch
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.