Front Anti Roll Bar

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Front Anti Roll Bar

Postby FedeArg on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi, does anybody know if I could use an ARB from a Fiesta Mk4 on my Mk3.5???? The only Mk3's sold wehere I live were the 1.3 CFI and the diesel, so I cannot use one from any other type of Mk3 fiestas.

thanks in advance

Fede
Fahr nicht schneller als dein Schutzengel fliegen kann
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:38 am

Hola .... como estas ?

Dont know much else, i have just began to learn Spanish as my girlfriend is from Cordoba :D

Anyway..... the problem is you will not have fixing mounts for the ARB. You would need to get fixing points manufactured onto the existing suspension ..... some how!

cheers
Greg
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby FedeArg on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm

Hola, estoy muy bien y espero que tu también.

Is your gilfriend from Córdoba in Spain or from Córdoba in Argentina???? I'm pretty sure she must be from Spain. If she's from Spain and can cook, then ask her to make a torilla with chorizo colorado for you.

Regarding the ARB I don't know why but mi car has the fixing points and when I changed the dampers last week these came with fixing points also so I thought maybe I could put the ARB. If the Mk4 one can be used then I'm sure it will make a world of difference.

Saludos

Fede
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Excursion on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Fede, unfortunately the Mk4 ARB is completely different.

Mark.
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby jayrs on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:12 pm

most shocks will come with the ARB drop link brackets on them as its not worth making batches of shocks without them as it would mean different part numbers, different stock etc.
same goes with the bottom arm mounting bracket, these were all made with the bolt holes in for ARB as its 1 productin method that will never have to be changed, hence works out cheaper for them, so all you would need would be the roll bar it sell, 2 rubber bushed, 2bush claps, 4 bolts and a pair of drop links, all of which you should be able to get via you ford dealers parts department
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby FedeArg on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

jayrs :most shocks will come with the ARB drop link brackets on them as its not worth making batches of shocks without them as it would mean different part numbers, different stock etc.
same goes with the bottom arm mounting bracket, these were all made with the bolt holes in for ARB as its 1 productin method that will never have to be changed, hence works out cheaper for them, so all you would need would be the roll bar it sell, 2 rubber bushed, 2bush claps, 4 bolts and a pair of drop links, all of which you should be able to get via you ford dealers parts department

Thanks Jay but unfortunatelly Ford never imported to Argentina any other verson of the Mk3 than the 1.3CFi and the Diesel and both doesn´t have an ARB and therefore the ARB was't also imported as a spare part. That's why I asked the possibility of using the Mk4 item.
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jayrs on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:47 pm

i understand that mate, but can they not order it to be sent?
i ordered a water pipe for my rs and they had to get it in from germany as they had no stock in uk.

failing that, why not ask for a mk3 one on here and all the bits and have it sent to you?
i dont have one spare anymore as i sold it but im sure i could get one from a scrap yard with all the bits, and if you wanted any of the items brand new, providing you paid up front i would order them in from fords for you, then pack it all up and send it
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:46 pm

FedeArg :
Is your gilfriend from Córdoba in Spain or from Córdoba in Argentina???? I'm pretty sure she must be from Spain. If she's from Spain and can cook, then ask her to make a torilla with chorizo colorado for you.

My girlfriend is from Cordoba, Argentina 8) .... yeah i admit i have a thing for Latin women :wink: We were there 2 years ago, but we're going back this year for 3 weeks, i cant wait it is a beautiful place with such great people :D

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby FedeArg on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:31 pm

Fezzy Turbo :
My girlfriend is from Cordoba, Argentina 8) .... yeah i admit i have a thing for Latin women :wink: We were there 2 years ago, but we're going back this year for 3 weeks, i cant wait it is a beautiful place with such great people :D

Ohhh. I have a house in Cordoba, not in the city, in a small town, that is called Villa Cura Brochero. Córdoba is a very nice province and the people are great and very funny. So, if you've been here I'm sure that you have tasted our wines and meats ( I mean the one you can eat, not the girls :bonkers: ). I hope you are coming for our summer, altough our winter is also great, cold but sunny days.
If you come to Buenos Aires let me know and we can go for a beer.
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby 285Andy on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 pm

FedeArg : So, if you've been here I'm sure that you have tasted our wines and meats ( I mean the one you can eat, not the girls :bonkers: ).

thats f**king funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PPL, f*****g over music listners since 1934
285Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:09 am

FedeArg :So, if you've been here I'm sure that you have tasted our wines and meats ( I mean the one you can eat, not the girls :bonkers: ).

Both :wink:

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby heeman10 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:52 am

Quisiera saber como FezzyTurbo sabe eso...sobre las chicas de Buenos Aires....vive en Escocia! :lol: Alli, las mujeres se parecen exactemente a los hombres...es interesante, y bastante util por la industria :)

No se nada de tu ARB :lol:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Maff Si on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Fede

Try...

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

They deliver stuff worldwide

:lol: @ Heemans scottish lasses comment
No Filler Nova Killer - Goes Like A Bomb
When I'm not here I'm somewhere else
Maff Si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Nothing til end of the month

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:32 am

heeman10 :Quisiera saber como FezzyTurbo sabe eso...sobre las chicas de Buenos Aires....vive en Escocia! :lol: Alli, las mujeres se parecen exactemente a los hombres...es interesante, y bastante util por la industria :)

No se nada de tu ARB :lol:

Have to run this through a translater i think..........

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.