[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
FRST Air Filter? 0-60 starts? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

FRST Air Filter? 0-60 starts?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

FRST Air Filter? 0-60 starts?

Postby r0ss_smith on Mon May 01, 2006 12:20 am

Ive just brought a FRST, its currently got a K&N cone filter in it, but i was wondering if theres a better one to get thats going to give better performance.

Also alot of my mates are going to the french car show in may, and im going to show them that there cars r s**t on the 0-60, any tips on getting a good start? i.e where to hold the revs before dumping the clutch?
r0ss_smith
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 am

An induction kit will be you best bet but to be honest there isn't much between any of them. They will not give any noticeable power increase they are just part of the first basic tunic steps.

You should waste VTR's without a problem but don't be so confident with the 106 GTi and Saxo VTS's as they aren't actually that slow and will easily be a match for your FRST.

If I were you I would nip out and get yours checked over chipped and set up. A basic 165 conversion should be enouigh to teach a lot of the Frenc cars who's boss.

Be warey though when on the line as you never know quite what the guy next to you has. I've got a clip on the other PC of a Paxo wasting a new M3 at Crail :o

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Mon May 01, 2006 9:56 am

I just hope you clutch is up to the job of launches :wink:

When i have been to Crail, i have been holding the revs about 3000 rpm and then dumped the clutch. Just have to control the wheel spin :)
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby r0ss_smith on Mon May 01, 2006 3:36 pm

ok wicked, what about 205 GTI's? my mate has a 1.6?

What bout shell optimax fuel and octane boost added b4 i do a few runs?

I did a few practice starts earlier 2day and ive noticed there isnt much point redlining it, i find changing at about 5,000rpm gives the best results cus the little T2 just gives up on me!

Cheers for the advice tho mate. You say they are a match? does that mean they will keep up with me? or should i beat them? i have had a look at their times they r identical to the FRST or better sometimes?

Basically i just wana run the best times i can, so anything you think thats worth doing just let me kno, i.e. back seats taken out!!
r0ss_smith
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby John_D on Mon May 01, 2006 6:29 pm

r0ss_smith :ok wicked, what about 205 GTI's? my mate has a 1.6?

What bout shell optimax fuel and octane boost added b4 i do a few runs?

I did a few practice starts earlier 2day and ive noticed there isnt much point redlining it, i find changing at about 5,000rpm gives the best results cus the little T2 just gives up on me!

Cheers for the advice tho mate. You say they are a match? does that mean they will keep up with me? or should i beat them? i have had a look at their times they r identical to the FRST or better sometimes?

Basically i just wana run the best times i can, so anything you think thats worth doing just let me kno, i.e. back seats taken out!!

should take care if the 1.6 gti but wouldnt bet on the 1.9, rip EVERYTHING out the car u dont want/need, stereo, speakers, parcelshelf, rear seat etc :D
John_D
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby edders on Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 am

just take as much as possible out eg
stereo speakers passenger seat
rear bench
any kind of amp gear
spare wheel and cage

if youre really scroungin for weright loss
bumpers
lights(front and rear)
exhaust(get some bent pipe as a side exit)
drop your tyre pressures a psi or 2 (better traction)
go on a diet :D
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Kartracer69 on Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 am

edders :exhaust(get some bent pipe as a side exit)

:o :o exhaust is a bit extreme!!!!

the vts's are pretty light and rapid, a mildly tuned frst should be fine though and outpace.

But then a modified car vs a standard car is not really a fair race is it
Kartracer69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Wed May 10, 2006 2:02 am

Kartracer69 :

the vts's are pretty light and rapid, a mildly tuned frst should be fine though and outpace.

The point of the matter is winning not fairness :p :lol:
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby Oranoco on Wed May 10, 2006 12:33 pm

The exhaust suggested may not actually flow that well though which could infact cost performance rather than gain. I've lost count of how many shonky performance exhausts have actually cost power over the standard stuff

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby edders on Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Kartracer69 :

you want to see my exhaust
its a fourbranch actually coming out of the side of the car
it gives one heluva sound
8 slices, 4 Sandwiches.
edders
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby KEVFRST on Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm

just take a few packs or carpet tacks with you and throw them infront of the french stuff b4 they launch. :lol:
KEVFRST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby abbat on Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

When you have a turbo you must know about turbo-lag.I dont know when turbo -lag is on FRST

When you on start. Try to do this:

Keep you left leg on clutch pedal. Release it just before it will work.

With such way you will win some half-half-half second..

Dont look on the guy who give start by head. Look to him by your side seeing.

Try to use race technology of starts:

They keep right leg on the brake and gas pedal in the same time..Its very difficult but you will be in the back of the car when you will learn this methode :)

You will not lose any of VTI,106,206. If you will do right you will win them,

but keep away from 205 1.9 GTI and from 405 T15 Turbo..They are really faaast.
Also there can be a convertion car..Like 205 t15 turbo,keep looking on intercooler..Seeing laarge intercooler will be a signal to you not to fight this car..
^)

Good hunt!
You probably will win mostly of cars. Doing everything cool will give you a chance to bit 1.9 GTI.

Sorry for english mate..not from England.
abbat
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.