frst brake problem can someone help please

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

frst brake problem can someone help please

Postby fiestaturbobob on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 pm

iv just brought a standard fiesta rs turbo has been dryed stored for 5 years and only one brake works (drivers front) so iv replaced the master cylinder brake servo and still does it iv took the flexi brake pipe of from the caliper and the pipe coming from the abs unit and think its blocked somewhere around there has anyone had this trouble before. iv also brought some new flex brake pipes for front and back can someone help

cheers bobfiestaturbobob
Newbie Poster
fiestaturbobob
Poster
Poster

Re: frst brake problem can someone help please

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:16 pm

have you tryed geting someone to help bleed them that will tell you if its flowing round or not buddy..?? a few of the guys on here take the abs off to as its pants apparently??
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestaturbobob on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 pm

hi there yer yer me and my dad bled the brakes and passenger side doesnt have any fuid coming out but drivers one does
fiestaturbobob
Poster
Poster

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

yeah id check all the pipes out for that side then mate, do the back 2 work ok?? if it comes to it id take the non abs system from a scrap xr2i mate a lot less problems :)
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestaturbobob on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:36 pm

hi dave yer the handbrake works fine i think its just a blocked pipe the one coming from the abs unit just dont no how hard they are to change really

bob
fiestaturbobob
Poster
Poster

Postby Russ FRST on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

More then likely one of your flexi hoses has collapsed inside, had this happen many times on cars before.. Get your new ones on all should be fine mate :wink:
1600cc T2= 220bhp 222 lbs/ft
Russ FRST
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby fiestaturbobob on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

hi russ iv disconnected the flexi hose from the caliper and from the pipe it goes on to and its still blocked so cant be the flexi hose mate

any other ideas cheers bob
fiestaturbobob
Poster
Poster

Postby Russ FRST on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm

fiestaturbobob :hi russ iv disconnected the flexi hose from the caliper and from the pipe it goes on to and its still blocked so cant be the flexi hose mate

any other ideas cheers bob

What about the flexi pipes coming out of Abs Modulator unit (PUMP) Have you checked these for fluid flow?
Whats the brake pedal feel like? hard or is the pedal going to the floor?
If you have a Haynes manual? There is a good description on bleeding the Abs system on the Fiesta RST, Cos there is two diffrent procedures for the system.. Theres bleed plungers on the Modulator units ect ect..

Hope this helps you bob :wink:
Russ FRST
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby fiestaturbobob on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 pm

hi russ cheers for this information mate is that the pipe that goes into the flexi pipe that screws onto the caliper if that makes sence if thats what you mean then no iv not tryed that as weve got bad weather here snow etc but if that a easy flexi pipe to get of obviously have to have car jacked up

cheers bob
fiestaturbobob
Poster
Poster

Postby Russ FRST on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm

fiestaturbobob :hi russ cheers for this information mate is that the pipe that goes into the flexi pipe that screws onto the caliper if that makes sence if thats what you mean then no iv not tryed that as weve got bad weather here snow etc but if that a easy flexi pipe to get of obviously have to have car jacked up

cheers bob

Hi Bob..
The flexi rubber pipes im on about are coming strate from the Modulators (Pump) that run off the drive shafts via belts not the ones going to the calipers that you've already cheaked.. Your best bet is to have alook at the braking section of the Mk3 fiesta Haynes manual, like i say there are two diffrent procedures for bleeding that ABS system, which need to be done or it will never be right, Would take forever trying to explain both procedures on here :lol:

Mite be something on here bob to help you if you havent got a Haynes manual? had a quick look but did'nt see anything?
If i find something i'll let you no.. :wink:

Russ..
Russ FRST
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.