frst into xr2i

Problem or technical question?

frst into xr2i

Postby paradox on Tue May 16, 2006 8:55 am

im considering converting my cvh 2i to frst engine ive had a look through the guides section and cant find anything (im sure there used to be a guide i had it bookmarked before my computer crashed)

Any way if anyone can give me a link to the guide or tell me a list of everything i need for my shopping list that would br great thanks.
paradox
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue May 16, 2006 11:06 am

the head and everything in it on the xr2i is the same as the frst, cam also so no worries there.

the block is different on the frst as it has the oil return for yurbo init, but if you weld a pipe on the sump for a oil return you can use your own block.

you will need.

FRST / ERST pistons (both the same)
FRST crank as the throw is 79.50mm whereas the xr2i is 79mm so might be ok.

inlet manifld is the same aprt from the sensors, injectors are the same.
fuel pump will be ok for standard power.

you have to use the FRST oils brether or a baily one.

loom wise, you can convert the xr2i loom to run FRST engine, then its just the norm stuff like, different rad, intercooler pipe work etc.

i got the info for converting the loom if ya want it
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby paradox on Tue May 16, 2006 11:20 am

Basically i either want a frst engine in my fiesta(xr2i 8 valve) or 2 litre zetec.
The thing is im trying to do it on a very tight budget.
A crashed car or mot failure would have been my best option for the conversion but im struggling finding one.

I have ammased a fair few parts from an 1800 zetec xr2i already but still need more parts.

also ive been offerd

INTERCOOLER
TOP AND BOTTOM ENGINE (APART FOR VIEWING)
T2 INC MANIFOLD
CROSS OVER PIPE
EFI UNIT
THROTTLE BODY
ROCKER COVER (OR USE YA OLD 1)
OTHER LITTLE BITS IN A BOX

For £200
and
OFAC ECU AND WIRING LOOM BITS for £60

now my dilema is whats going to be the easiest and cheapest conversion

Could someone tell me what extra on top of that list i would need to convert to the frst?

Im thinking
radiator
boost hoses
actuator
amal valve
radiator hoses
oil feed and return pipes
engine sensors
paradox
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue May 16, 2006 11:32 am

paradox :Basically i either want a frst engine in my fiesta(xr2i 8 valve) or 2 litre zetec.
The thing is im trying to do it on a very tight budget.
A crashed car or mot failure would have been my best option for the conversion but im struggling finding one.

I have ammased a fair few parts from an 1800 zetec xr2i already but still need more parts.

also ive been offerd

INTERCOOLER
TOP AND BOTTOM ENGINE (APART FOR VIEWING)
T2 INC MANIFOLD
CROSS OVER PIPE
EFI UNIT
THROTTLE BODY
ROCKER COVER (OR USE YA OLD 1)
OTHER LITTLE BITS IN A BOX

For £200
and
OFAC ECU AND WIRING LOOM BITS for £60

now my dilema is whats going to be the easiest and cheapest conversion

Could someone tell me what extra on top of that list i would need to convert to the frst?

Im thinking
radiator
boost hoses
actuator
amal valve
radiator hoses
oil feed and return pipes
engine sensors

£260 for all them bits is good i would say as long as the engines in good condition other wise its a rebuild or another lump.

as for ya list of bits

radiator you will need but you could mod a ERST one to fit if needbe

boost hose, easy and cheap enough to get

acutator, hasnt the turbo got one? if not can be got, just find someone with a duff T2 and by the acutator

amail valve, this are not made by ford anymore so on here or ebay

rad hoses, again from someone breaking a frst

oil feed and return, well i got a oil feed pipe and maybe a oil return

as for engine sensors, the only ones that are different are in the inlet manifold so you should have them above ifits a FRST inlet manifold.

rememebr on top of this lot you got new gasket set, inc head gasket head bolts etc, so make sure the engine is a good one before handing the cash over

or you can get a ERST engine, pull the MFI head off and fit the EFi head to it and run that, but it wont have the CPS so that would need to be drilled in and a 2i/frst/cvhFEI flywheel used.

as for the zetec, you are the best person to decide that, you got to think what do i want most, what will i use the most, what can i afford.

sit down, work out what bits you need to do both, work out what money you have and go from there.

just remember that insurance will go up, prob more with the turbo lump so buget that in if it needs to be.
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.