FRST setup Dilema

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby festaturbo on Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:30 pm

My FRST is currently running at 17psi and i need to turn it down to 14psi 2 be safe. I cant afford to get it setup till begning of next month. If i turn the boost down will it be overfueling??? wot should i set the co% 2 if i wind it down. Any suggestions would be appreciated as i do not want to blow the car up! :eek:
festaturbo
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:23 pm

over fueling will not blow up your car :rolleyes: but it will cause "wash" on certain parts.
What to do is turn down your boost and get a local garage to check the exhaust gases and they will tell you if you are running too much fuel and they should be able to turn it down.
Cheaper than a rolling road :smile:
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby festaturbo on Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:26 pm

I work in a garage m8y, got the co machine but unless ive got a figure to set it 2 how will i know???? :???:
festaturbo
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Sat Jul 14, 2001 11:41 am

I didn't know you worked in a garage.

If you get a nice 2 - 2.5% through the revs that will be fine :smile:

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby festaturbo on Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:56 pm

Put it on the machine today:-

2.56% at idle
0.12% @3000rpm
17psi
Sound about rite??
festaturbo
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:54 pm

:eek: you not getting any pinking ????

You seriously need to turn down the boost,
or turn up the fueling.
I cant remember if you said you had an up-rated fuel pump and beige injectors if you do, they should manage the job fine, if you turn up your fueling :smile:
If you dont, turn down the boost.....NOW!!!! or you will have a bang!! and a melted piston :sad:

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby festaturbo on Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:09 pm

Why would power engineering set it up on this sort of boost if it isnt safe? :???:
festaturbo
Poster
Poster

Postby festaturbo on Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:38 pm

Fezzy Turbo

Ive jus turned the boost down to 1bar(14psi?)
The CO% at idle 2.56

Does this sound better?

Wots urs at???
festaturbo
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:04 pm

I have never had dealings with Power Engineering, but you do get bad tuners.
If you went along to whoever tuner and said give me more power, they will do that. They will just trun up the boost and roller the car and show you a huge power graph, which makes you :smile:
But, they can also put the power out of reach of the standard fuelling, but all they see is you with a huge power graph and a :rolleyes: they will obviously recommend up-grading, which brings more business to them.
I am not saying that Power Engineering do this on purpose but it does happen and i have seen it happen.
(off soap box now :wink: )

Yeah, your car sounds great at idle, but you need to test it at boost and higher revs, but you have turned down the boost and it "should" be fine.
What you need to do is get it rolling roaded to make sure and watch the CO through out the run.
My CO is at 2.5% as well with 13psi, so your car is just about the same as mine :smile:
I dont want to sound like a joy killer, but i hate seeing people getting their cars tuned to massive amounts and then 3 months later it goes BANG!!!

cheers :smile:

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby bassboy on Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:45 pm

Like Fezzy says, tuners do this so that they can high figures down on paper and u drive away with a huge grin on ur face! What they tend to do...is run the car right on its limits...knowing that if u keep on giving it alot of stick, it will die on u! That way, ur gonna have to take the car back to them and get something else done. Look at PE's system 2 conversions!!!! :eek: :eek:

so play it safe...and have ur car last a long time....make sure u dont run more than 16psi through the standard bottom end...16 is even a little tad too much. make sure the fuelling is spot on, dont cain the sh!t off it all day everyday...once a day is enough :wink: :grin: just make sure that u dont get carbon build up in the head or u'll loose performance!

If u do wanna run more than 16psi of boost, then u have to get uprated conrods, big end bearings, low comp. pistons etc etc...all mounts up to loadsa cash!

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.