fse power boost valves?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby JamieFRST on Tue May 08, 2001 6:11 pm

What do they do? do they improve performance or just driveability? does it make the car drink more fuel? (For a XR2i 8v)
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Doc on Tue May 08, 2001 7:59 pm

cost money
driveability
yes
Doc
The Luurve Doctor...
The Luurve Doctor...

Postby Andrew Malcolm on Tue May 08, 2001 9:04 pm

A superchip would be alot more productive

:smile:
Andrew Malcolm
Post Master
Post Master

Postby snake on Tue May 08, 2001 9:32 pm

Do they have the same regulator as the turbos?? If so its already adjustable, you just take the blanking plug out of it. They need setting up on a rolling road.
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby lakota on Tue May 08, 2001 9:42 pm

mixon: it needs setting up perfectly otherwise it will just drink fuel and nothing else. just as an example my Cav GSI turbo went from 18mpg to 7mpg when booting it.

Also if someones stuck a CAT on your car, take it off. It will make the FSE do virtually nothing.

Snakes right, the car will need rolling roading to tune it perfectly.

The benefit you will get off a power boost valve may not be enough for you to justify the fuel drinking.
lakota
Poster
Poster

Postby fiesta_fras on Thu May 10, 2001 10:12 am

some1 told me that you check all your lines and plumbings under the bonnet as the increased pressures the power valves creates can cause more splits or leaks, no experience of em so its just what i have heard.
RIP Robert Martin - Rob - Elm_us
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby lakota on Thu May 10, 2001 5:12 pm

I had experience on my Cavalier Turbo where the hose came off the top of the valve and wee-weeed fuel all over the engine bay (twice!) but putting braided hoses all round the fuel ways fixed the problem.
lakota
Poster
Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu May 10, 2001 8:48 pm

I would have thought the Xr has the same fuel regulator as the Turbo. If it does you do not need a FSE valve.
The other problem is : can the original fuel pump cope with the increase in fuel ?? and can the injectors cope ??
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Shug on Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:51 pm

Well folks to put your mind at rest5 i have just recently got one on my RS1800.
The drivability is improved, but in the same kind of way as a chip would, but noy=t as much if that makes sense.
Youll see a small power increase, but you wont really notice the difference cause you dont for anything under a 10bhp increase.
The fuel, it may use slightly more, not alot, where the myth comes from is whenpressing the throttle, the FSE draws more fuel out of the tank, causing greater disturbance, so when your booting it, it opens right up and the fuel in the tank is all over the place, so your petrol guage decides to go Ars.e over tit.

When got it done i came out, booted it and thought it had just loused about a quarter tank. :eek:
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby thijpo on Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:08 pm

Hi m8s, i've heard a power boost valve just ruins your engine, don't ask me how, but Ian Howell who has just been married (congrats) told me, so i believe him !

My experience with a fse pbv is not good not bad, it doesn't work , maybe after rolling- road!

Hope this helps !

cheers
thijpo
Poster
Poster

Postby fastman Joe on Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:23 am

I f you want to improve performance i would ask a garage mechanic, thats what i did and now ive got i nice quick Rs turbo running. it may not be the fastest but its alot quicker than standard and that suits me :wink:
fastman Joe
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:40 am

This is what Ian said about them on the FRST:

"Don't bother with the FSE, full stop! It's designed to work on cars with air flow meters, namely those without 3d mapping. On your car it will only cause bore wash, and a dinted servo assy."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AdrianFRST on 2001-06-28 10:41 ]</font>
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.