Getting The Most?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Getting The Most?

Postby blerg on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:34 pm

I was wondering what was the best value for money in terms of tuning a 1998 1.25i 16v zetec, i have an induction kit, where should i go next that wont cost a huge amount, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R
blerg
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Tweek on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:39 pm

to a car dealer and get another car :P

There's nothing you can really do to the 1.25 that'll make any significant difference. By the time you've spent on small mods, it'd be cheaper to just get another engine or even a quicker car :)
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: VW Golf GTD

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo

Postby jimmyesh on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:39 pm

Try and get hold of a fiesta zetec s lump or even a puma 1.7 lump, this transplant has been done a fair few times now and will give much better, reliable (+cheaper) results than trying to tune the little 1.25 to the same power levels.
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby Oranoco on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Quite simply mate changing the car is by far the best option.

Don't mean to be rude but there is just no point throwing thousands of pounds at it. Especially with the prices for Zetec S's being so cheap at the moment.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jimmyesh on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 pm

All depends though mate if you've done the car up nicely already and really like it then I'm sure it's worth chucking a 1.7 puma lump in, they're not that expensive and a bit of perseverance you could have a better fiesta than a zetec s is in the first place. Don't pay someone thousands to do something that you could do yourself though, just buy an old banger cheap to run about in while you're doing the conversion then you'll be less likely to rush the job and bodge it...

...On the other hand if you aint too confident at spannering or don't have the tools/time/facilities then yeah sell it and buy a zetec s.

Good luck mate, Jim
jimmyesh
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Yes

Postby ntrueman on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:39 pm

As said you really are shaking a bag of nails trying to get more power out of a 1.25 Zetec, If it was me I would go for a highflow cat and 421 manifold. After that your looking at big bucks, i.e cams etc
ntrueman
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:41 pm

ntrueman :As said you really are shaking a bag of nails trying to get more power out of a 1.25 Zetec, If it was me I would go for a highflow cat and 421 manifold. After that your looking at big bucks, i.e cams etc

And still won't have any proper power so to speak AND find insurance more expensive than just having the more powerfull car

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ntrueman on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:44 pm

Dont shhot me :lol: Just offering my advice lol.
ntrueman
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Oranoco on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:47 pm

No mate, I quite agree with what your saying, but with the cash he could prob get for his current car he would only need to find an extra £1200 or so and he could have a nice ZS.

A proper fannimold and system is going to bang a hole in £600 and not give a huge hike in grunt

Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.