GRS or pro-alloy Intercooler which is best?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

GRS or pro-alloy Intercooler which is best?

Postby zetecrs on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:46 pm

Hi Guys,
okay guy's which is best intercooler to go for grs intercooler (which i currently have) or swap for a twin pass pro-alloy intercooler? anybody any idea what this twin pass is all about? (yes i know nothing!)
zetecrs
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby thehuzman on Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:19 pm

Might be worth phoning Pro alloy themselves and see who they have sold their intercoolers to, then ask them. I haven't heard of anyone running their stuff on a fez.
thehuzman
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: GRS or pro-alloy Intercooler which is best?

Postby GavStyli on Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:14 pm

zetecrs :Hi Guys,
okay guy's which is best intercooler to go for grs intercooler (which i currently have) or swap for a twin pass pro-alloy intercooler? anybody any idea what this twin pass is all about? (yes i know nothing!)

whats wrong with your GRS? its most probably twin pass too anyway
GavStyli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Turbo

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby zetecrs on Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:45 am

Hi,
Nothing wrong with grs intercooler at all but some guy offered me a swap saying the pro-alloy one was better for me car?
zetecrs
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:09 am

He just wants your GRS.

If the Pro-Alloy was better why would he be interested in swapping?

Twin pass means both the inlet and outlet are at the same end and the air passes accross the core then back again, rather than in one end, accross, and then out the opposite end.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby zetecrs on Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:18 am

My thoughts exactly! I've not seen the pro-alloy one but the grs is bolted on and looks sweet so i'm thinking i'm saying no to the swap thanks for advice guy's (coming soon my zetec turbo will run again!)
zetecrs
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby MattL on Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:28 am

The new pro alloy one is sposed to be s**t hot, check out this months pf, thay have an rs500 one against others.

The pro alloy has been made for one fez the bloke told me and is temp drops are sposed to be well impressive. They said they should have three finished by the end of the week, one is mine hopefully.
MattL
Post Master
Post Master

Postby LeeM2 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:54 pm

Pro Alloy is sposed to be a new company set up by one of the top guys who left pace products....
LeeM2
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby MattL on Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:27 pm

i also heard that, forgot to say that i think they have been working with pts to develop the fiesta cooler.
MattL
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.