help if you could!!! :)

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

help if you could!!! :)

Postby Jon` on Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:44 pm

My Fezzy is only a wee little 1.1! but its all i can afford to insure!

I have finished my ICE and i have spent alot of money, and i want to start on the outside, btu first i want it to sound like soemthing a little bigger!. i dont mind not having the power if i can get it sounding like its got the power, if you knwo what i mean!!, what can i do to get this and what would be the best way of doing it?

I know that a new exhaust will sound better, but do i just need a back box or a whole system and manifold? and how about air filters do they make a difference, i dont want it sounding like the exhaust has fallen off, but just sound like its got a bit of Umpf in it!! lol

Thanks for being patient with me, and if you could help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jon
Jon`
Poster
Poster

Postby Liebo on Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:42 pm

Get a rage back box, and fit an Orion 1600 K&N

Get full stainless from manifold (or cat depending on year) as and when.

Get better spark plugs and leads, for reliability (no power increase)...
Last edited by Liebo on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:55 pm

so called "upgraded" spark plugs and leads will NOT give u more power....... especially on a 1.1. Just use standard Ford leads and some good make plugs like Motorcraft, NGK....... changing them regularly helps.

A good exhaust system ... you have loads to pick from ............. but make sure you get the WHOLE system...... including the manifold. A good air filter wont do any harm as well.
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby TJ on Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:08 pm

Get a custom one made by longlife"
TJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:59 pm

Fezzy Turbo :so called "upgraded" spark plugs and leads will NOT give u more power....... especially on a 1.1. Just use standard Ford leads and some good make plugs like Motorcraft, NGK....... changing them regularly helps.

A good exhaust system ... you have loads to pick from ............. but make sure you get the WHOLE system...... including the manifold. A good air filter wont do any harm as well.

so called uprated plugs provide a more complete burn.. so in theory do provide more power as more fuel is ignited... however in reality this doesnt happen!

i dont think anyione makes better manifaults for a 1.1 either... and a 2i or xr2 one will not fit :(
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby JimD on Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:34 pm

Try fitting a standard exhaust system off a CVH 2i, it'll need some modification and welding doing at the manifold end, but it'll give you a deeper exhaust note and not sound "like a tractor" :D

http://www.fiestaprojects.com has a good guide :devil:
JimD
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:47 pm

xrsi :so called uprated plugs provide a more complete burn.. so in theory do provide more power as more fuel is ignited... however in reality this doesnt happen!

i dont think anyione makes better manifaults for a 1.1 either... and a 2i or xr2 one will not fit :(

More complete burn ?? you been reading the adverts too much ;) but you redeem yourself with your reality check :)

Im sure Janspeed make manifolds ............ give them a try
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.