HELP!! my car is BROKEN

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

HELP!! my car is BROKEN

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:16 pm

Um my car is broke it keeps miss firing (just had a 2L put in there..) it was ok but didnt want to rev passed 5 grand as it seemed to be screaming !? nor it sounds like its missfiring? just had a new cambelt, the plugs and leads where fine on my previous engine.. tried changing fromt eh 1.6 ECU to the 2L one no luck!?

ANY1 got any ideals!?
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sauna on Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:29 pm

probably a stupid question but are you supposed to rev a new engine past 5000? :-?
Sauna
Post Master
Post Master

Postby fiesta boy on Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:30 pm

did u fit the 2l maf?
have u fitted the 2l inlet?
have u fitted the 2.0 injectors?
fiesta boy
One big spelling error...
One big spelling error...

Postby unknown_user on Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:36 pm

I have changed the MAF ECU and Injectors, I have not changed the inlet manifold, the car was running but didnt seem any where near the power it should of been, i could feel the torque but it felt like it was being held back!? then after about an hour it started to sound like it was missing!~?

[ERRR] Ideals?
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby LeeB on Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:27 am

So you have the inlet manifold fitted from your 1.6 Si engine? I'm no expert but I would say this would be limiting your engine in a fairly major fashion. Try the 2.0 inlet and see if it improves it? In my meagre (sp)experience fixing engines without diagnostic equipment is all about elimination. Fit the other inlet,and if it's still no better you can try something else.

BTW,did you actually see/hear this engine running before you purchased it?

lee
LeeB
Post Master
Post Master

Postby unknown_user on Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:59 am

Yeah it all ran fine... sounded sweet... HOWEVER the car has 1.6 throttle bodies... could this be causing my problems?
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Scooby_SI on Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:10 am

Its cause you got the lambda sensor off the 1600Si im sure Phil Si had this problem and his petrol comsumption was well high.

Best msg him and he can tell you

I could be wrong! probly am...
Scooby_SI
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Location: Cardboard Box Outside Tesco's The One With Jaffa Cakes On It

Could be...

Postby unknown_user on Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:17 am

however, i think its the cam timing im gonna change thr TB in a min but i cant see that making a difference though??? i need to et in touch with phill i msg'd him hoping he will come online!!
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Scooby_SI on Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:41 am

Cant find the post cause when i search for it i get nout, but i did save it to my hard drive a while back...

Project ST2000 wrote in the post...

As Chum says, but to clarify (if it's in bold YOU NEED IT! lol):

1800 g/box
New clutch
130ps MAF
1800cc exhaust manifold, downpipe, CAT, lambda probe, centre section and rear box
130ps throttle body
130ps ECU
2.0L block and head
130ps Fiesta inlet manifold and sensors

Swap the flywheel, water pump, sump, oil pump, oil pickup pipe, and engine mounts from the 1600 to the new engine. Also retain the CPS, and coil pack. A new clutch, engine mounts, and fuel filter are a good idea. Inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, sump and throttle body gaskets are going to be needed. New exhaust manifold studs and all other bolts should be renewed wherever possible.

1600cc engine loom is compatible if everything plugs in - if it doesn't (which is unlikely), post back on here

Think that's it...??

--------------------------------

Hope this helps you. Say thanks To Project ST :D
Scooby_SI
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Location: Cardboard Box Outside Tesco's The One With Jaffa Cakes On It

Postby unknown_user on Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:40 pm

Ok i fixed the missfire by changing the TB, :) However it stll isunt right.... do i need an RS1800 zorst manifold and inlet manifold etc? if not i have no ideal why its that much slower? sound like a motor bike/'ish noise when i floor it and feels like its being held back... got any ideals then!?!!!!!!!!! ELP! people are laffin at me! :D
ImageImage
unknown_user
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.