in car boost control

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

in car boost control

Postby Mikee_RS on Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:40 pm

in my frst i have a mechanical boost control.
its basacally a knob which u turn anti clockwise to up the psi.
however i dont like it. wud i be right in thinkin that it will only up the boost and wont allow for any xtra fuel so will b more likely to blow the engine?
is it a bleed valve :-?
Image Image Image
Mikee_RS
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta

Postby snake on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:20 pm

it won`t allow for extra fuel past the ecu`s limits, so 165 chip, they say 14psi i think so thats the max it is fueled for, standard it will cope with 9 psi, 10 at absolute max as i know some standard ecu`s allow this boost without cutting out. turn the controller past this and u risk dettin, obviously have to consider inlet temps aswell
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

>

Postby MIK3Y on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:44 pm

Yep, the chip will control what fuel to supply with the set boost, so u need a chip to up the boost.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it.
MIK3Y
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Mikee_RS on Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:17 pm

yeah i thought it was a bit dodgy! been drivin the car 4 a while now and always resisted the temptation to turn it up. think ill get it removed.
say i gotthe car chipped and set up propely, wot do u think about the electrical switch boost control. low boost then swich up 2 high. if its set up to allow 4 extra fuelin then everything [ERRR] b ok yeah?
Image Image Image
Mikee_RS
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta

Postby snake on Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:26 pm

been posted b4, u set the boost to max that u will run and get the ecu mapped to this, the ecu will adjust itself for lower settings, but it will not have values in the ecu if u have it mapped at 14psi, then run 16psi, the ecu will not have values in it for 16psi, so u will underfuel, so u need it mapped for high boost settin on the switch
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

>

Postby MIK3Y on Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:09 am

If u get ur chip set-up to run 10psi then it won't underfuel at 12psi will it cause it will adjust fueling for u won't it?

Is this different in the case of a Superchip & a Motorsport Development chip which u hav set-up? :-?

Thanx
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it.
MIK3Y
Post Master
Post Master

Postby snake on Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:13 pm

how will the chip know the amount of fuel to put into the engine at 12 psi if its mapped for 10 psi, it don`t
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.