injectors

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

injectors

Postby dangerousdave on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 pm

hey guys a little help please, when i have my frst running will be putting the stage 1 chip on when ive ran i it i have been told i can use rover injectors the part number is 0280150748 there 227cc rather than 250cc so would prob work well with stage 1?? any one use these injectors???? any help would be great cheers
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: injectors

Postby heeman10 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:34 pm

If the chip is intended for beige injectors (701s), which supply 240cc/min, then you will be round about 5-10% down on that with your 227cc/min injectors, which would have you running relatively lean. Over-size a smidge and things aren't so bad, but taking fuel away isn't a good idea. I haven't checked the impedance of the injectors you want to use, but undersizing isn't a good idea if the chip's intended for 240cc/min.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby dangerousdave on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 pm

no think the stage 2 requires 701s they will be too much for stage one i think buddy1! .......wont they????
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:58 pm

dangerousdave :no think the stage 2 requires 701s they will be too much for stage one i think buddy1! .......wont they????

You can use the standard blue injectors and the stage one only allows you to up the boost after you have fitted it you will need a rolling road to make sure it's fueling ok with the extra who ever told you to use rover doen't know there ass from the elbow
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby dangerousdave on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:43 pm

so really not a good idea to use rover 748s then? am a bit new to the rst scene just tryin to build nice motor outta a sh@gged 2i ....opps!!
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:50 am

dangerousdave :so really not a good idea to use rover 748s then? am a bit new to the rst scene just tryin to build nice motor outta a sh@gged 2i ....opps!!

no way you have to have the right chip for the right injectors and the stage one is standard stage 2 is 701
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby heeman10 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:33 am

dangerousdave :no think the stage 2 requires 701s they will be too much for stage one i think buddy1! .......wont they????

My thoughts precisely, but you said you were "meant" to be running on 250cc/min injectors with the chip you have. Beiges (701s) are 240cc/min, so I assumed you meant 240cc/min, but now you think beiges are too big? If your chip is intended to be used with the standard injectors, use the standard injectors. Guesswork is not the game to play when it comes to tuning engines, so you need to find out what your chip does, what injectors it is mapped for, and get it all checked out on a rolling road. We can do this for you, but I suspect you wouldn't be keen to drive to Somerset to have us set it up for you on the rollers! If you would like to, check our website out ( http://www.for-tunepve.com ) and check out our "Set-up" service, and price. All our contact details are on there :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby dangerousdave on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:06 pm

yeah stage one chip uses the blue injectors was just told about using the rover ones but it just dont seem right if i get stage 2 then i would use 701's mate yeah when its running if i go for mega power and start ugrading everything ill get it on the rolling road, cheers
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.