Injectors?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Injectors?

Postby roadrunner on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:22 pm

Can anyone tell me iwhat the standard injectors are for a FRST? i need to know if i have uprated ones or not.
My car is currently in the garage and is producing nearly 200bhp but lacks fuel at top end, the fuell system is perfect and i have a FSE boost valve, let me know please!

If they are standard what are standard injectors for a cossie? :-?
roadrunner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby snake on Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:43 am

u can nae fit cossie injectors wrong ohm rating for the ecu. Blue as standard, beige uprated. erm if u have 200 bhp and aint changed yer injectors and fuelpump, holey pistons come to mind, lol. All frst`s have adjustable fuel regulator valves as standard. whats the spec of the engine+management+cooler? at what boost?.
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby roadrunner on Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:44 am

I have a fully re-mappable chip, i do not have a ECU as the chip is the brain for the whole car, this chip is made by omex who supply chips for rally cars they are awsome.
I spoke to the president of OMEX and he said that if my car was starved by fuel i could directly put cossie injectors as i dont have an ecu controlling them.
Thanks for your reply, my engine is quite unique as it is the second one in the world who has one of these chips, no suprised for a grand!
roadrunner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby MadcatCraig on Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:25 pm

bcracknell has ane OMEX ECU !!!
he uses this forum

the actual Omex unit is an ECU !
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby snake on Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:32 pm

erm,aint atually a chip what he has done is put the omex ecu wires into the loom next to the ecu, so the omex has full control over the engine, easier to do and more tidy. I know all about omex and yup u can put any injector in then i`m using bosch stuff (i think) £65 a pop. lol aint gonna be unique for much longer, and do u mean its only the second fiesta? cos i know literally loads that run the omex ecu. 1k for the ecu!, hope that included mapping session?, presumin this is the 500 ecu?
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Postby roadrunner on Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:06 am

I forgot to add, i mean that the tunning company has only done two mine being the second. your right about being neat and yes it is the 500.
Thanks for your reply mate i will have to see what my injectors are, its a pain in the arse cos its nearly finished but not getting enough fuel, they think it might also be the timming.
not to worry can't wait to get it back!!!
roadrunner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby bcracknell on Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:07 am

I'm running cossie 803's and a ballast resistor - if you've got the wiring diagrams it shows you in there. seems to work pretty well :)
was that 1k just for the ecu? cos if it was you were well and truley ripped off!
bcracknell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby roadrunner on Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:59 am

That 1k included fitting, mapping everything, the only thing is they have had the car for about 3weeks, starting to get a bit miffed!
just want to feel 200bhp
:x

thanks mate, got any ideas where i can buy these at a good price?
roadrunner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby snake on Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:25 pm

urm, lol the company doin your mapping should know what injectors would suit it for the bhp!, if they don`t then i would take your business elsewhere!, is that 3 weeks to fit the omex and map it?
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Postby roadrunner on Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:01 pm

I haven't been able to get down to the garage, obviously they do know what injectors I've got but I wanted to find out just for peace of mind.
Yeah, 3 weeks to do all this...... and I was promised 2 days..... who's got all the luck?!
I'll let you know how I get on

thanx for most of the replies
roadrunner
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby The Gilly on Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:46 am

(( holds finger to ear as if listening to ear piece))

Walk away walk away!

How can they not know what you've got and not know what to use? I knoe bugger all about engines but even I can tell that the injectors in my motor are blue and just from reading around I know that beige is the next stage up.

I'd be abit worried if I was without my car for three weeks just to get a chip/ecu and a remap.

But hey that's just me.

Good luck with 200+ tho matey. Should be fun keeping it down! LOL!
does my big look arse in this?
The Gilly
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.