Is my 1.1 gearbox up to the job??

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby PhatMan on Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:01 am

my fester used to be pulled around with a 1.1 HCS lump. when i took it off the road to mod it i decided to get rid. the engine and box had done over 130,000 miles!! I've decided to keep the box and mate it to a 1.6 CVH XR2 lump. the people i hav spoken to say it will be fine as the strength of gearbox's are all the same is just the ratios are different.

But im not so sure :???:

the car is havin the electrics sorted for the coil and dizzy at the moment so i havent road tested it, what will happen? :???:

as the box has done over 130,000 miles with it die as soon as i give it some boot or will it be fine?

are the ratios different? [ERRR] difference will there be. ive been told that i will have really good acceleration but doo doo top end, is this true?? :???:

HELP??? :???: :???: :???:
The PhatFiesta
May she live in our memories forever :(
PhatMan
It's a bit of an Animal..!

Postby fiesta_fras on Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:18 am

ur box wil take 130bhp, and with 130k on it will probly only last another 25k without having a rebuild. the ratios are different, u will have a good 20-50 speed but anythg ova 100mph will b taking an age to get too. i rekon run with it till it blows then drop a recond S2 ERST box in with LSD :wink:
RIP Robert Martin - Rob - Elm_us
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby PhatMan on Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:26 am

not sure how much power i'll be lookin at??? :rolleyes:

1.6CVH standard is about 96bhp, buts its got a straight through zorst, fast road piper cam kit, big jetted twin choke carb with a K&N. So [ERRR] do u think?

i reackon bout 115-120bhp?? :wink:

yeah, i was thinking of a new box end of the year anyway, along with a set of twin 40's my mate will be partin with soon :devil: :devil: :devil: . then it will be definatley time for new box :lol:
The PhatFiesta
PhatMan

Postby Project on Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:59 pm

4 speed boxes hit 5,800rpm at 95mph, and at 70mph will be doing 4,500 - the engine won't last a minute with that kind of running.

Also, 1st will hit 5,500 at around 16mph if I remember right - the XR2 box goes to around 35mph in the same gear, and 5th will go to around 135mph at 6,000rpm.

You still wanna 4spd??? You must me a certifiable nut-nut mate! :grin:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby PhatMan on Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:52 am

my car is/was a 1.1 SX and they come with a 5 speed box, so it [ERRR] be ok yeah? :razz:
The PhatFiesta
PhatMan

Postby fiesta boy on Sun Sep 09, 2001 9:35 am

don;t knock the 4 speed i still have mine bolted to the side of my 1600 anialites any thing off the lights but no top end i stick a 5 speed in when its been painted
fiesta boy
One big spelling error...
One big spelling error...

Postby InS@nE on Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:02 am

allright chap

i got an orion 5 speed box in mine at the min and i'm putting around 160+ odd brake thou it no worries at all, still the box was new about 3 years ago. might even be newer :???: :???:

i'm getting a turbo box in mine as soon as i hit boost in first it just spins the wheels, sound when it wasn't turbo'd thou

i should be gettin mine soon any way, well got the box just got to fit it etc etc. so if ya want mine cross my palm with silver and it's yours mate, still got the reciept for it some where i think. it was a recon box from ford cost me about 500 ruddy quid dont want much for it thou as no use to me :grin:
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PhatMan on Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:08 am

wen i wanna get rid mark, let us know. mine `[ERRR]` last for a few miles once its on da road but if u offer me ours before mine goes bang then i'll just keep it ready 4 wen it does :mad:

nice one mate

btw: i need the ICE spec of your motor for the feature on my site :???: :???:
The PhatFiesta
PhatMan

Postby InS@nE on Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:24 am

no worries mate, soon as mine fitted i'll give you as shout

as for ice, hardly any, used to have six 12" now that fober was loud about 145 db but soo heavy once i got the turbo lump more and more of the stereo is slowly goin, all i got now is head unit, 4ch amp 6" components and one 12. nothing loud but sounds nice. infact i need to sell my 6*9's if ya know any one mate
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.