K&N Air Filter

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby UHF on Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:04 pm

will you just leave people alone, participating in conversation is one thing but telling people they are stupid and a loser is quite another.
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Muzza on Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:04 pm

On 2002-02-06 14:00, me0u021e wrote:
Well I agree do what you want but for sure don't listen to Muzza FRST, look at his pic of the engine bay and notice the BLEED VALVE, the mod of a loser, NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS FIT ONE OF THESE! THAT IS UNLESS YOU HATE YOUR CAR AND WANT IT TO fudge UP. NO ARGUEMENT THIS IS FACT!

yup, tis a bleed valve :rolleyes: not fitted or adjusted by me. at the mo i'm just running standard boost.
dont see the point in handing over 20 odd quid to ford for a new pipe when it can just be closed shut :Q
ImageImage
Newsflash : Jeremy Beadle has a small penis. but on the other hand, it's massive.
Muzza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:52 pm

me0u021e you're annoying me & everyone else..

SO fudge OFF...

I have a Bleed Valve.. It is only touched by my tuners... so dont start on bleed valves..

They get their bad name by people that misuse them with "winding the boost up" without changing anything else!
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby Muzza on Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:24 pm

too true mate
ImageImage
Newsflash : Jeremy Beadle has a small penis. but on the other hand, it's massive.
Muzza
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:05 pm

Correction, a bleed valve is fitted when a chip won't allow the boost required. It IS a bodge, no way to avoid it. You are lying to the chip telling it a different boost is being run, how can a car management run if it is lied to? Didn't say it doesn't work, it fudges your car over though. spend the dollar and get a chip that runs the boost you wan to run.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:17 pm

You're a bit of a shuffleER really aren't you..

PERHAPS you should get your facts right BEFORE you SLATE MY CHIP!!!!

I THINK you'll find i have a VERY fudgeING GOOD CHIP thank you very much..

! SO I RE-ITERATE!!!! fudge OFF!
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby AdrianFRST on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:22 pm

So if you have a

"VERY fudgeING GOOD CHIP thank you very much.."

Then why do you need a bleed valve to run the boost you want to run? Why not get a chip that runs the boost you want to run? Thats all I asking.

PS ! SO I RE-ITERATE!!!! fudge OFF!
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:24 pm

I simply have the Bleed Valve because it is "easier" to adjust the boost more precisely rather than adjusting the rod..

I dont have one of these plug in chips thank you ver much.. I spent a lot of money getting my chip and mapping.. SO DONT fudgeING JUDGE MY CAR!!!
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby AdrianFRST on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:29 pm

Sorry but it takes under 30 seconds to adjust the boost, do it on the car park in between racing or what ever, plus then the chip knows exactly how much boost is being run.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Ian C70T5 on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:32 pm

You're right..

I obviously NEVER burnt my hand to a crisp when adjusting my boost on the track at alconbury!!

OBVIOUSLY
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby AdrianFRST on Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:41 pm

Well obviously it gets hot, wear gloves next time. I don't believe you posted that comment. Did you have to put your hand in a garbage disposal plug before you realised it would hurt? :???: :???:
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:14 pm

This is totally pointless!
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:57 pm

Meuomuppet.....

I have had bleedvalve for nearly 30,000 miles and it runs very well thanks. My car has been well looked after and checked out on a RR once a year and it has not damaged my engine or turbo.

next arguement :razz:

and with your understanding......a bleedvalve and K&N cone filter my turbo should have been dead by now........but NO it is not.

128,345 miles on the original turbo :wink:

could this be 2 - 0 to me ?? :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fezzy Turbo on 2002-02-06 18:58 ]</font>
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Doc on Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:09 pm

Fezzy , tell the truth now!!
You have your car re-built every year cause you get an itchy bleed valve finger trying to catch the wee lasses up there :wink:
Doc
The Luurve Doctor...
The Luurve Doctor...

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:26 pm

you got it in one Doc :wink:

:devil:
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:27 pm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fezzy Turbo on 2002-02-06 20:46 ]</font>
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:31 pm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fezzy Turbo on 2002-02-06 20:46 ]</font>
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:08 pm

so you have an RR (routine rebuild) every year? Well that just says it all doesn't it. And I think you'll find that score is incorrect, its more 2-0 to me. Go play with your little "bodges" and have a good time.
PS are you the same in that adjusting the boost properly so the car runs better is too hard for you or do you prefer the "easy lazy incorrect" way to adjust boost? Hows about we end this now, your just quoting your tuner and I'm quoting facts we won't agree so lets end it with your way and my way are best. Oh see you at the pod aswell.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:12 pm

Oh, you going to a track day, when & where, I've got a special kinda turbo car I wanna try out :smile:
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:13 pm

OK UHF bring along your skyline or what ever, traction control must be turned off though.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Ian C70T5 on Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:26 pm

Me... I thinkg you'll find DOC was joking about Fezzys car FFS :rolleyes:
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:19 pm

Ian, I think you'll find I didn't comment on or about or according to or what ever Docs comment. I questioned what RR meant, but if it means routine rebuild then my comment follwed on and still stands. I then went on to question why he has to fit a mod so he can lie to his ecu about the amount of boost he is running so he can go faster. Could you enlighten me on where I refered to doc?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:31 pm

no, I think its obvious to see that he meant "Rolling Road" when he said RR, it is to be honest very obvious, i'm surprised you missed it what with your superior intelect and all!
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:46 pm

So RR means rolling road, sorry didn't know YOUR abbreviations, being as I dyno tune anyway, and being as he said his car is fine internally I presumed he had taken it apart (aka rebuild). And surely if a car is perfect then doesn't need RR as it hasn't worn and doesn't need seting up again, as nothing has worn and therefore not changed. Funny that. Where does this prove he isn't lying to his management system anyway?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:55 pm

wtf "sorry didn't know YOUR abbreviations"

Wasnt MY abbreviations, I used a complex algo which nobody has heard of before to decode the context and extrapolate the true meaning, thats FACT!
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:43 pm

sorry there is a manakin over there in the corner you can beat that with your purse if you want.
Still no answer on the "why lie to your ecu?" question though.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Ian C70T5 on Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:01 pm

On 2002-02-07 12:08, me0u021e wrote:
so you have an RR (routine rebuild) every year? Well that just says it all doesn't it. And I think you'll find that score is incorrect, its more 2-0 to me. Go play with your little "bodges" and have a good time.

Whats that mean then??
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:30 pm

:rolleyes:

When i said i get my car RR once a year i meant rolling roaded once a year.

You should get a turbo charged car rolling roaded once a year to make sure everything is working well i.e : fuel pressure, emissions, boost. It is for piece of mind i get this done as to not incur any problems from over or under fuelling.....no harm in checking!!
This is the perfect time to find out how well your car is performing and to make any adjustments necessary.......i thought you would have known that ????? A car will not be the same all the time. When you get it serviced you change parts which can change the operating set-up of the engine.

Your arguements fall to pieces everytime.

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby AdrianFRST on Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:06 am

OK straying from the arguement again. The arguement is "Why lie to your ecu?". I do realise the benefits of rolling road tuning obviously, thats why I retracted my statement about the routine rebuild, but still asking the question afor mentioned.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:26 pm

I agree a bleedvalve is not the perfect way to set the boost level on your turbo.
But as long as the ECU gets the voltages it is set to read it does not care what else is going on.
Yes you are "fooling" the ECU but this will not do it any harm as it is not receiving anything that will harm it, for example high voltages.

Bleedvalves can be ok as long as you leave them alone and have a boost gauge to keep your eye on the boost.

Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror

Postby Asad on Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:50 pm

Im not sure here but doesn't the ECU sense the boost pressure from the manifold anyway(ie MAP sensor)

Surely it cant have a set boost value incase of overboost.

Personally, ive used em on non ECU turbo cars (Metro Turbo) and think they are good for turning down the boost (as well as up :wink: )

Asad
Asad
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Al1exx on Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:44 pm

Hello! :smile:

I used to have an RST Cabrio which came fitted with a bleed valve. I listened to all the comments of 'take it off!' and duly did so, chucking it in the nearest bin. Car never ran right again!

All I can assume was that the fuelling was altered to match the bleed valve and by chucking it away I threw the settings out.

I guess if the car is programmed to overfuel and the bleed valve is adjusted to compensate...

But still, why not just reprogram to fuel correctly with no bleed valve? I agree that bleed valves are easy to adjust quicky though and if you know what you are doing your laughing (unlike me, obviously :rolleyes: )
:grin:
Alex
Al1exx
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Paul R on Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:03 pm

Sorry peeps thread turned crap as per usual :rolleyes:
but Meo's reply:-
'sorry there is a manakin over there in the corner you can beat that with your purse if you want.'
Is a classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carry on chaps...
Paul R
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:24 am

If a K&N induction kit increases lag then how come it has been tried and tested so many times in mags etc, to provide extra torque and more BHP? So u get to accelerate faster and have a higher top speed but more lag?

Oh and the Ford airbox must have taken years meu. Look at the quality plastic finish, the way they've ported the inlet duct painstakeinly to achieve the most precise amount of air to enter the mixture. That won't expand and contract with the heat under the bonnet and possibly warm the air goin to the filter. Then there's the filter itself. Look at that rubber surround and high tech filter material that's tighter than a gnats @rse that restricts the airflow to 1CuFt/year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know meu. I hadn't read this post and now i just think are an even bigger c0ck than u were before. Fair enough peeps lady of the nightged u off in zetec tunin, but when you're first post in this topic calls someone a loser (who u don't even know and hasn't sl@gged u off before) just for having a widely regarded respectable mod in the world of tuning, that's just not right! I'd have thought u'd have learned from your other post. Are u on some sort of power trip comin on here and sl@ggin everyone off just cos u got a book about engines, and a dad who's mates with nigel mansel. You've been on the mech uni course a maximum of 3 years and any A-level knowledge ( :oooh: ) accounts for 2 years of knowlege, so u know 5 years of stuff about engines! forget my dad taught me how to re-build an engine at 6 months old, etc cos that means jack to us and if u knew it at 12 or whatever why do it for A-level and uni if u already knew it? Stop boasting, get to the facts, you have an A-level in mechanics, design and engineering max. Big 'fuckin wow. Bruster did the same scholarship that u did (where only 90 people in the country are chosen due to ability) he came in the top 10 without tryin too hard (not saying it's a cr@p course just saying Bruster knows his stuff) and do u see him on here sl@ggin everyone off? It's just common courtesy mate.

You're main gripe about your zetec engine is why wouldn't anyone believe u. U and u'r boyfriend klownmaster are the only 2 people that have faith in what u do and seem like you're prepared to die for your engine. This however is a tried and tested way of boosting power and u lady of the night it off?WTF!! why don't u post an email to K&N and all the other induction kit manufactuers sayin what u said here and then post the reply on here? Just a thought.

I'm sorry i've gone off topic but time and time again meu never fails to amaze me. So a big FT.com 'f**k OFF goes out to u meu :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby UHF on Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:18 am

Well said, this forum is for people to share ideas so that we can all tune our cars better and learn from each others mistakes, this is a community of car enthusiasts at every level, the last thing we want in here are trouble makers!

Now just GO AWAY and play with your engine, you are NOT welcome!
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.