K&N Air Filter

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby AdrianFRST on Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:42 am

hmmmmm.... OK lets rewind. Never said a STANDARD AIRBOX AND FILTER WAS BETTER THAN A K&N CONE.

I SAID THAT A STD AIR BOX WITH K&N PANEL FILTER WAS BETTER THAN A K&N CONE WHICH IN TURN IS BETTER THAN A STD AIRBOX WITH STD FILTER.

OK SEEMS YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT AND DO'T "WANT" TO LISTEN TO ADVICE, EVEN THOUGH I GIVE A fudgeING GOOD REASON TO USE THE AIR BOX AND NOT A CONE YOU STILL GO, "BUT MY MOM SAID BLAH BLAH BLAH"
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby UHF on Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:47 am

Who said, "But my mum said"?
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:16 pm

OK this is starting to make me feel sick. I will put an ammendment in ok, just for you uhf so you understand.

OK SEEMS YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT AND DO'T "WANT" TO LISTEN TO ADVICE, EVEN THOUGH I GIVE A fudgeING GOOD REASON TO USE THE AIR BOX AND NOT A CONE YOU STILL GO, "BUT MY MOM SAID BLAH BLAH BLAH". (last quote is fictional and is there to represent the way in which people put forward their "arguement":wink:(also people don't go "blah blah blah" as this would be silly baby talk)

Is that ok for you uhf?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:02 pm

Infact my Mum did say that they were better, she is a race engineer for Mclaren :smile:
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ian C70T5 on Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:56 pm

me0u021e SHUT THE fudge UP!!!

He bought a cone.. HE LIKES HIS CONE..

HE LIKES THE SOUND IT MAKES!!!

HES KEEPING HIS CONE!!1

LEAVE HIM THE fudge ALONE!!

You've made YOUR view and having a cone or box aint gonna be the difference of 100bhp is it.. SO STFU!
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby Phil Si on Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:37 pm

do u want a flake in that sir? crushed nuts?

nope its just the way i walk :razz:

How's my moderating? Call 0800-U-R-BANNED
Phil Si
Crack Smoker Of The Year 1999

Car: 2000 BMW 330 Ci

Postby Phil Si on Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:37 pm

do u want a flake in that sir? crushed nuts?

nope its just the way i walk :razz:

How's my moderating? Call 0800-U-R-BANNED
Phil Si

Car: 2000 BMW 330 Ci

Postby festajon on Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:16 am

llama @ UHF
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meu i know u said the K&N in standard airbox was better, but it's still been proved many times that the induction kit is better on rolling roads. So yeah in traffic the airbox might be better as it won't let as much hot air in, blah blah blah, but for out and out power the induction kit wins.
My main gripe is u think u know it all, you're plain rude (advice is not telling some indirectly they're an idiot for buying a certain product in your first post) and no-one respects your knowledge due to your plain obnoxiousness.
If u have so much knowledge why didn't u recommend the drilled airbox with the K&N pannel filter? This normally beats both pannel filter in standard airbox AND the induction kit.... better read another book or something

:Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q

UHF - my mum used to push me round in a Maclearen buggy, does that count :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:16 am

llama @ UHF
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meu i know u said the K&N in standard airbox was better, but it's still been proved many times that the induction kit is better on rolling roads. So yeah in traffic the airbox might be better as it won't let as much hot air in, blah blah blah, but for out and out power the induction kit wins.
My main gripe is u think u know it all, you're plain rude (advice is not telling some indirectly they're an idiot for buying a certain product in your first post) and no-one respects your knowledge due to your plain obnoxiousness.
If u have so much knowledge why didn't u recommend the drilled airbox with the K&N pannel filter? This normally beats both pannel filter in standard airbox AND the induction kit.... better read another book or something

:Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q

UHF - my mum used to push me round in a Maclearen buggy, does that count :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby on_a_maxin_mission on Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:41 am

this guys a valve :grin:
on_a_maxin_mission
Post Master
Post Master

Postby UHF on Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:31 am

And a badly seated one at that :smile:
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:46 am

I think you will find festajon, if you read the previous posts, I said a slight widening of the inlet hole maybe needed. So on that note I'd say...better read the posts or something.

Look, I give my veiws Ian, then people like you go "oh shut up my tuner this my tuner that", ok so they have their veiws I have mine you have yours, it all ends up that its the guy that pays for the fudgeing stuff that counts, yes he has bought one, didn't say it would give 100hp, why do you have to blow things out of proportion? Its like my engine I quote 400hp then people come back saying whoh fudgeing hell 500hp from a zetec, oh your a gammon slipper, yeah cos I said 500hp didn't I. If you don't like what I post, read the name first then don't read my comments, its that SIMPLE.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:25 pm

someone tell me what he said, I just read the name and decided not to read it :smile:
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:29 pm

Hmm UHF, the "don't read my comments if you see my name" was at the end of the post, or do you read them backwards? No wonder you can't understand whats going on.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:02 pm

No no, I decided at the end of your last post that I didnt want to read anymore :smile:

Someone told me about your last post so thats why i'm saying this.
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby festajon on Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:06 pm

Yeah but we are talking about an airfilter swap here meu! that's it! no widening of any inlet bits and bobs othwerwise u could just say put a pipercross sock over the end of it, get ur head gasflowed and put in a lumpy cam, etc etc. It's a 1 for 1 swap not do all these extra bits. If u wanna be 'f**cked with widening ports etc then great, but i was talkin bout the most effective SWAP of filter styles & housings! i really can't be @rsed with this anymore meu.

Oh u never answered why u didn't suggest the drilled airbox question? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:30 pm

OK festajon now you start to piss me off. My modification suggestions did in no way relate to any head or cam work. If you read back, no infact I'll cut and paste it for you as you seem incapable of doing so

" I think you will find festajon, if you read the previous posts, I said a slight widening of the inlet hole maybe needed. So on that note I'd say...better read the posts or something."

Widening of the inlet hole. Yes THE INLET HOLE TO THE AIRBOX YOU MUPPET. HOW WILL MAKING THE PORTS WIDER ENABLE THE FLOW THROUGH THE BOX BE GREATER THAN ITS MAXIMUM AS STARNDARD?

OK THIS IS THE LAST TIME I SAY THIS

READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU SHOUT AT ME, YOU ALL SEEM TO WANT TO PICK A FIGHT WITH ME BUT ALL YOUR ARGUEMENTS ARE NOT EVEN RELEVENT.

DRILLING THE AIRBOX IS A HALFWAY HOUSE BETWEEN CONE FILTER AND PANEL FILTER WITH WIDENED INLET HOLE OK. AS THE NUMEROUS HOLES CAUSE GREATER TURBULENCE IN THE AIR BOX WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ELIMINATE!!

Does this answer your question in the MOST BASIC form of english or do I have to reduce to grunts and squeaks???
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:37 pm

OK THIS IS THE LAST TIME I SAY THIS

READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU SHOUT AT ME...

Ok, I have done that, now fudge OFF!

You do realise that your entire turbulence "fact" in in FACT trying to suggest that Boyles PV over T is infact a total nonsense, good luck, I'd like to see your reserach if thats the case!
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:55 pm

Hmm, funny how boyles pv/t has nothing to do with turbulence or laminar flow, but then hey, you'd know that being as you brought it in to the conversation. All it tells us is that for a gas to remain at a constant temperature uner a change in volume of a SEALED container is it must also under go a change in pressure.

Come on at least bring on something complex like the otto cycle. Or more to the point say the steady flow energy equation, or momentum equation, friction factor, or skin friction coefficient, or shear stress within laminar flow, velocity profile within laminar flow, pressure drop within laminar flow, shear stress with in turbulent flow, turbulent boundry layer friction velocity, viscous sub layer, buffer region, inner region, velocity profile, pressure drop within turbulent flow pressure drop due to roughness coefficient.

Any comments, or have you got your own equations that don't follow the scientific trend?
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:56 pm

If it is ssooo bad to have turbulance, then why does the Focus WRC have it's CONE filter in it's box and the hole for the air is on the bonnet ? surely the air would be very turbulant ? as it enters the box from the bonnet.

(remember i am not picking a fight, just questioning your comments) :wink:
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby UHF on Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:04 pm

Dont have time to reply now, off out, but i'll give you a perfectly reasoned argument on the turbulence issue
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby festajon on Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:30 am

Meu u are a muppet, u just said 'the inlet hole' not specifically to the airbox. I do believe there are many inlet holes on a fez engine. I'm fed up of being polite to u so shut the 'f**k up u arrogant 'cocky jumped up piece of 's**t.

I Quote
--------------------------
I think you will find festajon, if you read the previous posts, I said a slight widening of the inlet hole maybe needed
--------------------------

Meu i KNOW u didn't say that stuff about cams etc. 'Jesus! all i'm sayin is it is a straight swap and no @rsing around with other bits which includes widening the route the air takes to the box! i said the other stuff bout cams and that cos we were talking about swapping an air filter here, like for like, and not finding optimum flow or u may as well swap the cams, flow the head etc to make full use of it.

No answer on drilled airbox still!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:39 pm

Ok festajon READ THE POSTS I won't post again the difference, if you can't understand plain english ask someone else what i wrote as its startin to piss me off with your arrogance.

Hang on there fezzy turbo, did you say cone filter inside the air box? if thats what you ment then you've answered your question already. All that I have said is information supplied be FORD BROOKLYN MOTORSPORT, if you don't agree e-mail them and argue onwards with them.

Oh ok UHF look forward to your irrelevent answer, going to quote newtons F=MA in some bid to look smart? Even though this aswell has nothing to do with air FLOW.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby UHF on Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:53 pm

I dont need to try and look smart, I have a degree and currently work as a well paid IT Manager, however I have interests in physics and will be investigating your comments.
UHF
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:11 pm

Oh at last. Well thankyou for investigating before shouting out again.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Postby festajon on Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:20 pm

I learnt from the best meu, and that's not u by the way. laters. was merely saying callin someone an idiot is out of order. U haven't appologised. My opinion remains. I have been arrogannt to your posts for one reason. u do the same to them. I can get along with most people, but u take the rise. not botherin anymore.
Good luck with your engine meu, i wish u all the best and will be the first to congratulate u if it goes well. Now my point has been made to u my work here has been done.

Remember, if you're in trouble, and u need help, be sure in calling...... The A-TEAM!
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Previous

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.