kent cvh34

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

kent cvh34

Postby andyb-rst on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm

hiya guys i think i have made my mind up and i am going to purchase a kent cvh34 cam kit from burton power i am just wanting to know everybodys opinion who use this cam and alos peoples engine specifications and power output cheers guys much appreciated
andyb-rst
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: kent cvh34

Postby j7aoc on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:06 pm

burton power are very expencive i used http://cosworth.info/store/index.php?PH ... 02cfba44ca can't go wrong with them loads of people on here and passion ford and as for kent ive seen loads only last a matter of months i used piper t2 cam and it was in the car for 2/3 years when i removed it to sell and still looked like new it is now in a S1 and doing well my car was around 240bhp+ and driven hard i will never use kent it so common that they give you your money back with no problems
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby andyb-rst on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:43 pm

hiya mate thanks for the reply much appreciated. i know a lad who had the piper 285 and it fooked a couple of his rockers which i heard was common. just bin looking at your pics and the fez looks well
andyb-rst
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby j7aoc on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:29 pm

It's stipped mate but my friend had around 4 cam's 2 kent a 2 piper the best one was the piper t2 on power he took the brand new top of the range kent cam out and put the t2 back in thats how good it was, Some one on here or passionford i can't remember sent back hie kent cam as it broke then the one they sent lasted around 3 months
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mintwhiters on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 pm

The problem with the Kent cams wearing out is due to the oil used during the running in period, you have to use fully mineral oil to allow the cams to harden, if you use semi or fully synthetic the cams can't bed in properly - Kent told me this after they had replaced mine twice luckily they replaced it for free
New Project In Progress!
mintwhiters
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Moved onto Motorbikes

Postby j7aoc on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Im sure they would blame the oil
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby moondustka on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 pm

I had a piper t2 and it was shagged. Lobes worn to round and the engine hadn't done many miles. Caused me grief with valve bounce!

You have to run a cam in properly or it wont last for sure. brother has cvh34, and I have cvh35. I have no complaints with them.

But, each to their own!
moondustka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mintwhiters on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:41 pm

j7aoc :Im sure they would blame the oil

Ran it in properly with the recommended millars oil and all was well from then on! The tech dept at Kent had been working on the problem for a long time and had only just figured it out when I sent them detailed intructions on how I ran it in... everything spot on apart from the oil... apparently can happen with a few other engine bits depending on materials used..... so basically when installing new components use 'millars running in' oil for first 250-500 then change for the same for 250-500 miles then put in the fully synthetic
New Project In Progress!
mintwhiters
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Moved onto Motorbikes

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.