Livemap .. what companies do you reccon

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Livemap .. what companies do you reccon

Postby Jur on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 am

Hi there,

This summer i'll be coming over from Holland to visit Ford Fair (at least.. that's the plan).
In the same trip i'd like to have my engine setup/live mapped.

It's nog a HUGE spec engine.. but over here in holland they can do it.. with lots of trail and error.

I've tried to contact GroveGarage thru their website... but untill now.. no response.. )-:
Do you have other recommendations?

my specs:
- 1.6 8v CVH EFI Turbo (fully rebuilt less then 5k miles ago)
- Running 0FAC management with a 175 Ahmed Bayjoo chip
- Running standard injectors (at the moment, but plans for beige) and a cosworth in tank fuel pump and FSE power boost valve
- Standard Garrett T3 turbo conversion (Turbo also new for 5k miles) with -31 actuator. (11psi.. Safemode :-p)
- Kent CVH35 cam with an adjustable cam-pully and anti pump hydrolic tappets
- slightly strengthened (and rebuild) s2 gearbox with AP fastroad clutchkit
- Scorpion downpipe, Magnex mid section and custom duplex backbox.
- PiperX foam open air filter.
- standard ford (motorcraft) sparks and ford motorsport leads..
- Pace intercooler
- Bailey DV24is dumpvalve..
- Mobile motorsport 15W50

I'd like to have it to the Stage 2 (195) without making too much extra modifications
Most engine parts are either rebuilt or in good state.
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: Livemap .. what companies do you reccon

Postby turboboss on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Jur :Hi there,

This summer i'll be coming over from Holland to visit Ford Fair (at least.. that's the plan).
In the same trip i'd like to have my engine setup/live mapped.

It's nog a HUGE spec engine.. but over here in holland they can do it.. with lots of trail and error.

I've tried to contact GroveGarage thru their website... but untill now.. no response.. )-:
Do you have other recommendations?

my specs:
- 1.6 8v CVH EFI Turbo (fully rebuilt less then 5k miles ago)
- Running 0FAC management with a 175 Ahmed Bayjoo chip
- Running standard injectors (at the moment, but plans for beige) and a cosworth in tank fuel pump and FSE power boost valve
- Standard Garrett T3 turbo conversion (Turbo also new for 5k miles) with -31 actuator. (11psi.. Safemode :-p)
- Kent CVH35 cam with an adjustable cam-pully and anti pump hydrolic tappets
- slightly strengthened (and rebuild) s2 gearbox with AP fastroad clutchkit
- Scorpion downpipe, Magnex mid section and custom duplex backbox.
- PiperX foam open air filter.
- standard ford (motorcraft) sparks and ford motorsport leads..
- Pace intercooler
- Bailey DV24is dumpvalve..
- Mobile motorsport 15W50

I'd like to have it to the Stage 2 (195) without making too much extra modifications
Most engine parts are either rebuilt or in good state.

its got to be msd motorsport developmets in blackpool you have to book six weeks in advance, i am booked in for the 1st match..

sean
gt 2876r aka gt25/40r roller bearing turbo, L8 ecu, 850cc injectors mapped by msd to 12psi with LC & AL closed loop 30+ psi soon
0-100 10.84 100-150 9.24 154mph daddy thrash 06
turboboss
Post Master
Post Master

Postby turboboss on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:21 pm

but then again looking at your spec there is no point having a live map msd would have a custom map for you, your spec is just run of the mill so you would be wasting your money..
sean
gt 2876r aka gt25/40r roller bearing turbo, L8 ecu, 850cc injectors mapped by msd to 12psi with LC & AL closed loop 30+ psi soon
0-100 10.84 100-150 9.24 154mph daddy thrash 06
turboboss
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Jur on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Livemap, custom map .. As english is not my native language.. can you point out the difference ?
... my current mapping needs changing :-p

The company i'm looking for should be in the line from Dover (where i cross) -> Silverstone.. so i don't have to cross all of the UK in one weekend..
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby GavStyli on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 am

livemap they stap loads of equipement to your car, thrash the f**k out of it and they map it to fuel perfectly and you get the best out of the engine, performance wise and fuel wise.
custom map, you tell them your spec and they write a chip to suit it, no where near as good as a live map but great if you dont wanna spend alot of money on your car and aint fussed with squeezing every bhp out of what u have.. but you would still need to spend extra money on taking it somewhere to get it tweeked checked out to make sure its running safely

ask sheman, he'd explain alot better than i have because end of the day im no mechanic, just a good quality butcher :lol:
GavStyli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Turbo

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby GavStyli on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:26 am

forgot to add, ive tryed both
had live map by ahmed :) never looked back, brilliant
GavStyli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am

Ah .. now i know (and knowing is half the battle)

I want to run a safe setup, but don't need to squeeze the engine to the highest BHP's .. I Recon a Custom map, incl a tweek will do for what i want..
I know Ahmed Bayjoo does these kind of custom maps ...
Any other company suggestions
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 am

Im with turboboss it's a lot of money for what will be a stage 2 car £600+ i would just get MSD to make you a custom chip to your spec and send it to you half the price and you won't have to drive across the uk
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 am

j7aoc :Im with turboboss it's a lot of money for what will be a stage 2 car £600+ i would just get MSD to make you a custom chip to your spec and send it to you half the price and you won't have to drive across the uk

Ok, then i have the custom map for about 250 quid (i presume) .. but it's not yet checked/tweeked to run safe (without pushing it to the limits) is it?
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 pm

After it's fitted i would have it rolling roaded they wil tell you if theres any prob's and they should be able to sort it
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby j7aoc on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:14 pm

For a good live map they need your car for the hole day somes times 2 so you would be looking a fuel cost's to msd (blackpool) over £100+ just from the ferry hotel in blackpool £60. £600 for the live map don't for get food a stuff with the ferry and fuel your end don't think you would get much change out of 1k
j7aoc
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:30 pm

j7aoc :For a good live map they need your car for the hole day somes times 2 so you would be looking a fuel cost's to msd (blackpool) over £100+ just from the ferry hotel in blackpool £60. £600 for the live map don't for get food a stuff with the ferry and fuel your end don't think you would get much change out of 1k

1k .. hmmz that's 1500 euro's.. not the kind of money i wanted to spend on this.. at the moment (yes i'm Dutch haha)
the custom chip + RR for 'quick' check and tweek.. will be what i'm after.
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:48 am

Hi Jur.

If you PM me your full spec (injectors, turbo spec, boost pressure you will be running, intercooler, exhaust system, air filter), I will speak with MSD. We would be able to supply you with one of their chips suited to your spec, and then set the car up on the rollers. A set-up costs £125; for your £125, we will carry out a compression test on the engine, check and adjust boost pressure, check and adjust fuel pressure, check the fuelling throughout the rev range and boost range and provide you with a power graph. All this work is carried out on our Dyno Dynamics rolling road, constantly monitoring air-fuel ratios, boost pressures, road speeds, inlet air temperatures and many other parameters. Get in touch if you'd like us to carry out all the above :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Jur on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am

heeman10 :Hi Jur.

If you PM me your full spec (injectors, turbo spec, boost pressure you will be running, intercooler, exhaust system, air filter), I will speak with MSD. We would be able to supply you with one of their chips suited to your spec, and then set the car up on the rollers. A set-up costs £125; for your £125, we will carry out a compression test on the engine, check and adjust boost pressure, check and adjust fuel pressure, check the fuelling throughout the rev range and boost range and provide you with a power graph. All this work is carried out on our Dyno Dynamics rolling road, constantly monitoring air-fuel ratios, boost pressures, road speeds, inlet air temperatures and many other parameters. Get in touch if you'd like us to carry out all the above :)

All the Specs are in the first post.
...but..
Blackpool is a full 500km (300 miles) up from dover.. and another 300 back.. (a 300km from Silverstone, near 200 miles)
That's too much for me as i will be broken after the week(end) of Ford Fair..
I know a hobby costs time and money and effort.. but it must be fun in the first place..
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:33 am

You mentioned that you're on Weber blues at the moment running 11psi, but had plans to move to Bosch 701s. These plans would affect the chip, so we'd need to know what you were doing with regard to injectors and boost pressure. Also, Pace make a number of intercoolers - standard size replacement ally cores, double capacity cores, and front-mounts - the advised maximum boost pressure would depend on what intercooler you have.

We are not in Blackpool matey, that's Motorsport Developments themselves. We are Motorsport Developments dealers, and are down in Somerset on the south coast. Check the website to see where we are :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 am

heeman10 :You mentioned that you're on Weber blues at the moment running 11psi, but had plans to move to Bosch 701s. These plans would affect the chip, so we'd need to know what you were doing with regard to injectors and boost pressure. Also, Pace make a number of intercoolers - standard size replacement ally cores, double capacity cores, and front-mounts - the advised maximum boost pressure would depend on what intercooler you have.

We are not in Blackpool matey, that's Motorsport Developments themselves. We are Motorsport Developments dealers, and are down in Somerset on the south coast. Check the website to see where we are :)

Whoops.. didn't read the 'small letters' ... Somerset..
I know i'm being difficult here.. but it's still 150 miles from where i would stay.. a full 2 hours drive one way....

- I'm currently running on standard blues indeed. I want to run on beiges 701's which i will supply/buy myself (that's what i need a new mapping for)
- The Pace intercooler is the one on the picture. Image
High flow twin row core. 50% wider than standard.
- Exhaust downpipe = 2,5" Inox Scorpion
- Exhaust mid piece = 2,25" Inox Magnex
- Exhaust back box = 2,25" single box, Inox Dual exit (L+R)
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:46 pm

That's okay, I was just letting you know we're here and can offer the service you need. If you need to come to us, you will find our contact and location details on the website :)
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby GavStyli on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:52 pm

sheman, if there was any problems with the running of the car, can you get the map adjusted/tweeked at your premises there and then or would you have to mail it back to msd?
GavStyli
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 pm

If, for some strange reason, a problem were to arise that was down to the map on the chip, we would (at present) need to post the chip back to MSD for it to be re-programmed. There's a chance we'll buy the necessary equipment to allow us to write our own chips in the future, but that won't happen for at least a few months, if at all. MSD's track record speaks for itself in terms of service, reliability and performance, so thankfully, it's not something I've come across thus far!
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Jur on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 am

Back again.. after an absense of a while.. (due to the birth of my baby girl)

But .. still have plans for a custom chip.
Sourced some beige's (for a VERY fair price)

Spoken to Grove Garage today...to find out they don't do live/custom maps for EECIV management no more due to stolen equipment (strange story .. but ok) they still do pectel (cosworth) management

So.. it's up to the other choice probably.
MSD!!!

As i won't be traveling ALLL the way to the west of the UK (either blackpool or somerset) it'll probably be setup in Holland.
Now.. all i need is get the custom mapped chip :-p and book a setup Locally (incl installation of beiges i guess)
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.