looking 4 a management system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

looking 4 a management system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Merritt__RS on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

hi ime in a bit of a jam in choising a management system is it worth saveing up a bundle of cash and going 4 something like omex?or is it worth going 4 something a bit cheper like megasquart? i ame looking to get some big power out of my 1.8 zvh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx chris.
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby frostie on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:06 pm

megasquirt all the way costs next to nothing but go for omex if you have the extra cash but megasquirt is good!
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Merritt__RS on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 pm

do u know eney one who is using megasquart??????????????
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby bassboy on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:32 pm

when u say mega power...what sort of power are you talking about? a spec would be great so we can advise a bit better as OFAB might even be up to the job more than likely!

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Merritt__RS on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:13 am

hi there spec is. 1.8 z tec bottom end. crank has bin knife edged. stell rods. arp bolts. low comp pistons. lightend fly wheel. helx orgnic clutch with hd presure plate and relse bearing. stage 2+ cts box with atb diff and shot pend gear set. soild gear box mounts. t34 turbo. costom front mount inter coller. rad tec rad. head is standerd at the mo haveing one built in a bout 3 weeks. baige injecters at the mo. turbo smart e boost 2 boost controler. oil coller. nos spray bar on the inter coller. plus the usaul stuff like samcos and bits like that. am looking to get up to 300 bhp and hit some good torque levels as well!!!! thanx chris
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby bassboy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:47 am

i would run OFAB...it can support upto 400cc injectors which are MORE than man enough for your application...

but i dont think you will be doing 300hp on the 1800 zetec block though...people are just about managing it on 2048cc zetecs! not too sure what holds the 1800 block back...but i would go 2048cc and with your spec would hope to see 275hp genuine

what inlet and exhaust manifolds are you going to be using? who is mapping the car? what injectors are you going to be running? who is making the intercooler? and what spec head are you going for? you will not need a spray bar on the cooler if it is big and good enough

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Merritt__RS on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:06 am

using efi inlet. s2 outlet. head will b fullie port an polish bigger valves and a pipper 285 kam kit and pullie. not sure wot injecters to use or to map it??????? inter coller is on the car allready made buy rad tetec. it is 400mm top to bottom 600mm side to side and 50mm deep. only just got it in lol will post some pics soon so u can c!!!!
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby bassboy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:34 am

Merritt__RS :using efi inlet. s2 outlet. head will b fullie port an polish bigger valves and a pipper 285 kam kit and pullie. not sure wot injecters to use or to map it??????? inter coller is on the car allready made buy rad tetec. it is 400mm top to bottom 600mm side to side and 50mm deep. only just got it in lol will post some pics soon so u can c!!!!

right, i would ditch the cam and use either a Kent Cam - CVH 34 or 35 or bite the bullet and use a Newman cam either retaining your hydraulic lifters or switch to solid lifters if you can put up with the maintance and want a high revving engine...however, ZVH dont seem to like to rev above 6500k generally if not a bit less

if i were you, i would stick with OFAB and get Ahmed Bayjoo (same guy mapping my engine) or Stu @ Motorsport Developments to map it...both will live map on road

if its rad tec then the cooler should be ok

get pics up when you can mate...sounds good!

heres a pic of my cooler

and a pic of it next to a T34 turbo just to show the size of it...

is HUGE and VERY VERY deep! will flow 650hp without breaking sweat!

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Merritt__RS on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:49 am

wot maintance do solid lifters need?????? havent got the cam yet .would i need to up rate the valve springs as well????? witch of those cams would u buy????? oh yer all so 4got i have a colines pwer chip as well!!!!! is ahmed bayjoo at grove garage????????? i have bin going to engine advantges but i want to change heard a lot of good things bout ahmad bayjoo might as well give him a try.
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

Postby bassboy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:06 am

Merritt__RS :wot maintance do solid lifters need?????? havent got the cam yet .would i need to up rate the valve springs as well????? witch of those cams would u buy????? oh yer all so 4got i have a colines pwer chip as well!!!!! is ahmed bayjoo at grove garage????????? i have bin going to engine advantges but i want to change heard a lot of good things bout ahmad bayjoo might as well give him a try.

solid lifters need adjusting now and again (every few thousand miles) to stop them being rattly and take up extra clearance caused by wear. yes the springs will also need uprating...although i have heard a few things about the double lift valve springs for the CVH...i believe that they are needed on high revving engines....mine will be revving to 8200rpm hopefully on hydraulic lifters and double lift valve springs but on a zetec!

it depends on where you want the power band to be...if you want midrange grunt then go for the CVH34, top end grunt then CVH35 or if you want a custom made cam specc'd to your turbo and engine then Newman cams will be the way forward but expect to pay more!

Ahmed Bayjoo is freelance...he is where he is needed...but the Grove Garage boys are excellent and ALWAYS busy! was there the other week to pick up a few bits for my engine and gearbox! VERY VERY knowledgeable! he will be mapping my engine at SCS in Peterborough as they have an engine dyno there and its his chosen dyno that he used for years

if you ever do need work doing, feel free to give me a shout as i work on these cars a fair bit and built a good number of cars...check out my resto thread to see my standard of work and things i carry out

bassboy
bassboy
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Merritt__RS on Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 am

thanx 4 all your help!!!!!!!!!!!! got some idear wot to do now will try an post some pics up tomrow!!!!! and let u konw how i get on with the car!!!!!!! thanx agen chris.
Merritt__RS
Poster
Poster

bassboys intercooler.........

Postby Pete frst on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:26 am

hi there,could you please tell me more about your cooler........

is it made up of 3 cosworth rwd joined up?....

ive got 1 on my frst but wud,nt mind that setup......it does look abit BIG tho

and is it mega £s..........cheers mate..
Pete frst
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby heeman10 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:53 pm

bassboy :but i dont think you will be doing 300hp on the 1800 zetec block though...people are just about managing it on 2048cc zetecs!

:-?

The 1600CVH has been pushed to 300bhp and beyond, and you know as well as any of us that the 2.0 Zetecs have been pushed to double that power output!

Merritt - Beiges will only stretch to about 220bhp. What compression ratio do you have? "Low comp" is not precise enough to know what boost/power you'll be able to push to without hitting problems.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby BUTRE on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:19 pm

First.. the only reason why the ZVH's dont rev is because the std CVH head flows bad for the zetec bottom-end breathing needs.

If the CVH head is done by pumabuild to its 45mm inlet valve spec, then it will flow enough for 300bhp+.

If you just want to get away with it, then std FRST managements are "ok", but they need to be properly mapped as already told here.

Megasquirt is a cheap management but still lacks loads of development.
VEMS is the next cheapest stand alone management. It can be built to your spec/demands and it will do all the omex does plus even more.
Also, you wont be buying an ecu that can control up to 12cyl if you only using 4cyl, so it makes a better value for money.

http://www.vems.co.uk/

APT is doing VEMS ecu's on Ford's.
BUTRE
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.