Loud zorst wanted

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Loud zorst wanted

Postby Bash on Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:58 pm

Im after a real loud exhaust......

My friend who has a saxo westcoast and has a de-cat pipe straight to the backbox and its the loudest exhaust ive ever heard!!

On my car i have a full mongoose system from cat back with induction kit
and TBH its not that loud.
After speaking with a Demon Tweeker he said that they can supply for me a Magnex de-cat pipe AND a downpipe, but no de-cat by itsself for the SI. The silencer will still be there :( and said it wont be that louder but i will prop get an xtra horse or two.

My friend said that he knows someone from Powerflow (or somewhere) in Armley, Leeds, who will make a pipe that will go from existing down pipe to the backbox (after a bit of bending) from stainless steel. Then it will be V loud as fap! Does that sound dodgy ? ( i know it wont pass MOT with it obv). So thats no silencer or CAT.

Has anyone else got a de-cat pipe for SI and whats the sound like? Think its worth getting this from Demon Tweeks or from Powerflow or any other alternatives?

Feedback welcome :)
Bash
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 1600power on Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:28 pm

Powerflow will make u an exhust that cuts out some of the silencers but what you've gotta understand is that when it comes to MOT time it will fail on emissions cause theres less boxes for the exhust fumes to be taken through for it to be cleaned, plus u will have removed the CAT which will be an MOT requirement!

Wot some do is keep the cat pipe and swap it over at MOT time and then change it back once the MOT has been completed, alot of work for little benefit, howabout just changing ur backbox for a louder item? Scorpion exhusts are loud but also good quality and u could just bolt this is place of your mongoose. tbh though mongoose are certainly not the loudest exhust u can get but they are certainly one of the best comercially avaliable!
now sold but not forgotten! :(
1600power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Bash on Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:06 pm

it will be possible to keep the bits he has replaced and put them all back on again when it comes to MOT time surely?

Has anyone else done something similar? Im after a proper loud zorst
Bash
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Canwell on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:06 am

u want it loud, just get rid of the exhaust completely - like dragsters do and hotrods. it will get ya noticed for sure! :P
Canwell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby FezzR on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:44 am

FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby BOB.T on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:45 am

Right then, exhausts do not in any way whatsoever clean exhaust emissions, silencer boxes do just that, silence the sound waves leaving the engine.

A catalyst uses leftover oxygen to burn unburnt fuel within itself, hence they get feckin hot! :o

You could have ten little silencers or one big one and still get the same db reading at the tail pipe.

There is no sound test at all as far as an MOT goes, however there is a maximum db limit for road cars, 105db I believe, trust me, it's feckin loud! :o

So basically, yes you could have a custom zorst made from the manifold to a single back box and have it really loud 8)

Just bare in mind, it'll boom on long journeys and do ya funlumps in, you'll have to upgrade your stereo just to hear it plus if your mum goes in the car with you she ask if your zorst is blowing, every time for 3 feckin years well, mine has anyway :rolleyes:

Have a listen to mine with no cat and magnex if you like?

Bob
All filler, no killer
BOB.T
Poster
Poster

Postby FezzR on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:51 am

Right then, exhausts do not in any way whatsoever clean exhaust emissions,
WRONG

A catalyst uses leftover oxygen to burn unburnt fuel within itself, hence they get feckin hot!
umm no

There is no sound test at all as far as an MOT goes
no but there is emissions test which is what we were talking about
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby BOB.T on Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:48 am

go on then fezzrboy, you've pointed out that my 3 years at college, various main dealer courses, mot course and 9 years in the motor trade has clearly been a waste of time, would you like to correct my mistakes, just saying something is wrong is the easiest thing in the world!
All filler, no killer
BOB.T
Poster
Poster

Postby BOB.T on Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:43 am

and, for the record, DP is aware of the emission test issue as he says in his original post.
All filler, no killer
BOB.T
Poster
Poster

Postby MadcatCraig on Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:36 am

I think you will find Bob is correct and there is a sound test if its too loud !!!!!!! depends where you go !

An exhaust cannot clean emissions how could it possible do so ? the emissions are made by the ammount of fuel and oxygen burnt only by altering one of those can u chaneg emissions !

as for sound ! i wasnt aware you could get a mongoose exhaust for an Si

I have had an extra box welded into my mongoose to make it quieter ! But mines a turbo :devil:
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby MadcatCraig on Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:38 am

i was told this by the senior MOT inspector who did my car check and gave me my engineers certificate ! he was worried about the volume of my exhaust !
MadcatCraig
BANNED SELLER

Postby FezzR on Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:56 am

i know DP knows about the emissions it was just the fact u neglected to mention it! ah well no matter!

the cat cleans the emmissions and as far as im concerned the Cat is part of the exhuast system?

as for the way the cat works i said umm no cos its not quite right! it does burn some of the left over fuel mixture but that is minimal as the cat was made to cut down on the 3 main polutants! and the main one that the cat reduces is the nitrogen oxides which is why most cats (not all) contain platinum as platinum is the cataylst to separate the nitrogen from the oxygen rendering them harmless

as for sound i agree yes there are max levels althought there is no actual test required for MOT it can be failed if its deemed to high how ever this is unlikly unless u go to some anal retentive bu sucker!

either way lets not have this turn into the madcat sony post were ppl just female provider of 'horizontal refreshment' each other of for the sake of it! we both think that our comments are correct and thats fair enough
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Postby Bash on Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:19 pm

ye got mongoose for si from demon tweeks. £260

Well i decided to go for a de-cat pipe AND downpipe made by magnex ffrom D Dweeks for £144. Said i will gaint a few horses and make it a little louder, but not much. Should do for now.

Thanks for all repies Image
Bash
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:41 am

FAO Everyone: If you're going to correct someone, do so politely and correctly without splitting hairs or be good chaps and chappesses and bog offski :rolleyes:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby FezzR on Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:50 pm

:rolleyes: me again :rolleyes:
and to think i was just starting to turn things round :cry:
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.