MK3 1.6 s XR2 differences

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Chad_16s on Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:35 pm

Hey there,

I've been told that the MK3 1.6s an the XR2 CVH's are alost identical except the XR2 has an extra "bit" or 2. My 16s is doing 0-60 in around 9 sec's, an i can do a 110 quite easy which is closing in on the xr2. I have no idea whats been done to mine but its goin faster then it should be.

Also should it be doing around 470 miles (shrewsbury to norwich an back) to £40 worth of petrol, i aint complaining i jus didnt reckon on it being so economical.

Cheers

ChaD
Chad_16s
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby xrsi on Wed Nov 28, 2001 6:58 am

Alright mate,

U from shrewsbury then???? Im just down the road - oswestry!!!

anyway, the xr2 engine is exactly the same as the 1.6s lump - ford introduced the 1.6s to get rid off all of the left over xr2 engines! so they are exacly the same!!

What spec is ur car???

Oh by the way - a 1.6 should do 110 easily good for bout 125 ish!! (well mine is an the only mods to the engine is a k&n nd an xr2i exhaust!)
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Project on Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:38 am

Get your fuelling set up properly just in case it's running a touch lean.

Otherwise you just aren't toeing it hard enough :wink:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Chad_16s on Wed Nov 28, 2001 9:33 am

yeah mate, i hail from the small historic town of shrewsbury. I have no idea whats been done to my car, it has a XR2 bodykit an i think an XR2 exaust system, but i am realy not sure. its started to smoke now an drinks soooo much oil.
Do you have trouble with handling in the wet? mine hasnt been lowered or anything yet, jus standered XR2 alloys an in the wet it isnt the most reasuring ride :smile:
Chad_16s
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby xrsi on Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:52 pm

Cool - someone remotly close!!! (well 25 miles) anyway, the ride on mine's ok - handles fine - been lowered 40mm and with 194/45/15's!!

U may have seen my car - it's sometimes in shrewsbury, Si bumpers RS spoilers, red and now with xr2i skirts and smoothed boot and bonnet! :devil:
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby festajon on Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:47 pm

will an xr2i exhaust system go onto the 1.6s exhaust manifold? as they are both CVH i would have thought they would but not too sure as i know someone that wants to do this.
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Chad_16s on Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:02 pm

I prolly have seen it just havent noticed it [ERRR] im not hta observent around town :smile: but i think my mate has, he has mentioned a fezzy soundin like that to me, he drives a blue punto with a full abarth kit with colour coded mirrors. How did u smooth your tailgate, does the Si bumber have the reat number plate already embeded in it or was it a custom job? i should know but i cant remember. mines a black XR2 alike with dodgy fitting driver side sideskirts at the mo, i think the chasis's a lil twisted [ERRR] everything points to it being in a driver side crash.

Sorry jon, cant help ya on the exaust question all i know is that the XR2 exaust is a bigger boar then the 16s but i suppose you should swap the manifold if your gunna swap the exaust, to let things run smoother
Chad_16s
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby xrsi on Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:39 pm

Fiestajon - no it wont fit a 1.6s manifult! You need to get the xr2i manifault like i have then it will fit to the engine no probs ( the exhaust comes at a diff angle!!!)

ChaD - is it a a blue punto GT with dump valve and blue tint windows, sometimes round oswestry? - if it is then yes, he wanted a race and i didnt play!! I figured that seeing as he wanted to play so badly and also as e had a dump valve then hed probably done other things and i know my limit!!!

My tailgate was welded and then filled, the bumper is a standard Mk3 Si item with the plate stuck on!
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Chad_16s on Sun Dec 02, 2001 6:15 pm

:smile: nah dude, he runs a blue 1.2, he after a GT but cant make his mind up over that or about 10 other cars :smile:
Chad_16s
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby festajon on Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:59 pm

XRSi - does this mean an exaust for a 1.6s would fit a 1.1 then say (like mine!!) or does that not fit the 1.1 manifold either??!?!?

As for differences well i guess different exhaust system (different shape for the chassis) and the carb as well differs too (settings and on certain models type - pre 87 i think had the better carb)
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:29 am

Jon - all Mk3 Fiesta CVH manifolds fit each other. No Mk2 manifold's fit the Mk3 without welding.

James you plum, be a dear and read the post :razz:

Big Fat Al accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy of the above post, nor does he accept responsibility for the outcome of any actions traceable to advice given here. No endorsement is given to the use of nets for fishing. Nor is endorsement given to Amanda Byram being fit. The fit girl they voted out of PopStars last week should have stayed in. The fat bloke shouldn't. Thankyou.
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby fiestastyle on Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:44 pm

3 shropshire peeps on the same board, crazy :bonkers:

either of you go cruising anywhere?
fiestastyle
Post Master
Post Master

Postby xrsi on Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:25 pm

Al - he asked bout an xr2i system!! (mk3)

Jon - no it wont fit a 1.1! - only stuff from an ohv (1.0-1.3) will fit an ohv and same for CVH!

I have been cruisin a few times, to stoke (b4 the car was like it is!)
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby Chad_16s on Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:26 pm

i havnt been cruisin in my festa yet, ive only had it a month but i can be seen razzin it around shrewsbury smokin from the tailpipe like it goin out of fashion :smile: i was hoping to go the the milton keynes cruise but i had to see the missus instead (dunno if hat was a good or bad thing :smile:)
Chad_16s
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Project on Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:30 pm

ARGH! :rolleyes: James you fudgein moop!

festajon wrote: "will an xr2i exhaust system go onto the 1.6s exhaust manifold?"

Alex replies: yes, either at the downpipe to centre section join, or at the exhaust manifold to cylinder head joins.

So :razz: James :grin:

How your's coming along now fella?? I thoroughly recommend EFi over a carb any day if you have to chance :smile:

Al
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby xrsi on Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:12 pm

Ta mate :smile:

Mines comming along great!

Engine will stay as it is for a while now!!! Then sod EFi go turbo route!! Im 21 b4 next insurance renewal so if i do it after the nxt renewal it should be quite a bit cheaper!

Just got to sort the interior out and sound deaden the car - standing outside it last night with the sub cranked up didnt sound to healthy with the car panels going!! :eek:
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.