MK4 Fiesta Zetec

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

MK4 Fiesta Zetec

Postby mickywelsh on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi all, im new on here and im getting a P Reg Fiesta Zetec 1.25l 16v.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can get a turbo put into these?? And how much im looking at and where i could get something like this done?

Any info will help like.

thanks
mickywelsh
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Re: MK4 Fiesta Zetec

Postby Luke1990 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:03 pm

:lol: ill be the first to put in that theres no point in turboing a 1.25 as youd be looking at upwards of 1k and would be lucky to see over 100bhp plus your insurance man would rape you. Considering 1.4 mk4 is 90bhp and probably doesnt cost much more than you can sell your 1.25 for, let alone the cheapo insurance, i wouldnt consider putting a turbo on it.
Luke1990
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mickywelsh on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:19 pm

thanks for that mate, i havent bought the car yet, just watching me options.
mickywelsh
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Luke1990 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:03 am

personally id get the 1.4 zetec straight off :wink:
Luke1990
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Lex_Mk4 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Or if you're looking at keeping the car for a while you could look at the pumaspeed.com engine conversions, be warned though its a lot of work =]
Lex_Mk4
Poster
Poster

Postby fezanw on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm

the lump in the mark 4's can be turbo'ed.. i saw a KA in ff ages ago a company call van akkin developments (i think thats how its spelt) they did turbo conversions, really small turbos tho. But they aint cheap and not worth it. As above pumaspeed or pumabuild for pump lump conversions. or if you want you can put anything with in reason in. Just depends on your budget. But the Zetec se lumps in the mark 4's wont take turboing well.
First thing would be engine transplant, because the 1.25 aint going to be great, what ever you do to it.

byrnes
fezanw
Poster
Poster

Postby Jam0r on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:26 am

Van Akkin have stopped trading, probably cause some of their customers cars ended up in flames (not saying it was Van akkins fault however)

The 1.25 is a revvy little engine however there isn't really much you can do to it power wise. Panel filter, exhaust and 4-2-1 manifold are probably the only things worth doing and even they won't add much. As others have said, your either better off leaving the car as it is and looking at something with a bigger engine at a later date (1.6 Zetec-S) then spending the money on that or drop a larger engine in there and keep the mk4 for a while.

Your quite lucky as there are a number of engines that can be dropped into the mk4. The 1.6 from the Zetec-S and even the 1.7 from the Puma will drop straight in, using the same 1.25 gearbox. All you would need to change would be the engine mount, loom and ecu plus probably a few other little bits i've forgotten.

If you really want to throw cash at the car, the 2ltr from the Fiesta ST will also go in with some custom parts.

I've dropped the 1.7 into my mk4 which although it's no rocket ship, certainly surprises some people.

I also wouldn't use Pumaspeed, after some of the stories i've read about them I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Same goes for Pumabuild really (I actually used PB for a while and then after they faffed me about never went back) although they are better than PS at times.
Jam0r
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.