Mondy brakes on a mk4

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Mondy brakes on a mk4

Postby voorhas on Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:21 pm

So... how does it all go? How hard is it to fit them to a mk4 running standard 4 spoke 14" alloys? I've read about them being a straight swap, now I've picked up a piece of info somewhere else on this BB that says it involves bit of grinding... can anyone give me a definite answer on what it would take and what discs I'd have to get to have a correct offset to use the calipers without the need 4 spacers?

Many thanx...

Gonçalo D.
voorhas
Poster
Poster

Postby Project on Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:47 pm

Ok, just been on the blower and found out the following for you:

Fiestas from 89-02 (Mk3 - Mk5) have a brake rotor height of 43mm +-0.6mm
Mondeos 1993-02 (Mk1 & Mk2) have a brake rotor height of 47mm +-0mm (i.e. they never changed the hub specs).

This means that, to fit the Mondeo calipers and rotors onto the Fiesta, you will need to offset the rotor outwards by approx 3-4mm or the caliper inwards by a similar amount (e.g. by grinding the mounting surfaces, but this is seriously not a good idea imho).

Mondeo calipers also use larger (wider thread) bolts to hold them in place than the Fiesta ones. The bolt codes are finis 6668596.

I will be trialling a pair of 3.5mm spacers which fit between the hub face and the rotor, with the fitting of Mondeo wheel studs (finis 6789185), at Easter, and I will let you know how this gets on.

Al
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby voorhas on Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:49 pm

I'm marvelled at your efficiency... :D

Seriously now, thanx 4 the help. So all I need to fit mondeo calipers (I'm talking about the 260mm variety, since I can't fit anything bigger under my puny 14s) is a new set of bolts and the correct offset discs?

I've heard something about ATE Brakes doing 1 off disc sets at very sensible prices... that would provide a solution for the offset problem.

Gonçalo D.
voorhas
Poster
Poster

Postby voorhas on Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:13 am

Regarding the brakes, after a very interresting chat with another forum user and a quick browse through the ATE Brakes website I've found out that RS 2000 discs have a 44.0 mm rotor height and a similar thickness and diameter... that would probably make them perfect for the job, right?

Gonçalo D.
voorhas
Poster
Poster

Postby Project on Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:31 pm

Sounds like the rotors are good for the job, but the calipers may run a different offset.
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.