More Horses

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

More Horses

Postby fiestafan on Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:45 am

Hi my XR2i was rolling road tested when standard and came out at 107bhp at flywheel since then it has had:
K&N induction
Stainless exhaust system

Soon when they arrive (hopefully today) it will have an ecotek valve fitted and a performance engineering chip on the engine.

Basically wot i want to know is how much hp i have roughly gained? Also if i was to put kent cam kit in how much more i would get then?

Info would be appreciated thanks
fiestafan
Poster
Poster

Postby krsi on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:02 pm

I thought the ecotec valves were a waste of money from what i've heard.

With the exhaust and air filter i think you will be lucky to get a 10bhp increase.

The things you would get a bigger gain from is the chip and cam but it'll depend on the spec of the cam and how the chip is mapped. But i rekon it should be around 130bhp-140bhp at a wild guess.

HTH :)
krsi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiestafan on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:08 pm

i have heard mixed reviews on the ecotek but most are saying it good at takin out flat spots and does save some fuel so i picked 1 up cheap and thought y not. Have just been informed from kent cam that i will get 9hp out of the cvh efi cam so thats not too bad, dunno wot i will get out of the chip though maybe 10-15hp i was thinkin.

So hopefully in an ideal world:
10hp from induction and exhaust
9hp from cam kit
15hp from chip

so an extra 34hp give or take a few.

Nice i like that :lol:
XR2i soon to be chipped :P
fiestafan
Poster
Poster

Postby mike_wall15 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:46 pm

fiestafan :i have heard mixed reviews on the ecotek but most are saying it good at takin out flat spots and does save some fuel so i picked 1 up cheap and thought y not. Have just been informed from kent cam that i will get 9hp out of the cvh efi cam so thats not too bad, dunno wot i will get out of the chip though maybe 10-15hp i was thinkin.

So hopefully in an ideal world:
10hp from induction and exhaust
9hp from cam kit
15hp from chip

so an extra 34hp give or take a few.

Nice i like that :lol:

I'd be suprised if you get that. I'd say 15-20 bhp altogether, the cam being the greatest improvement.

Let us know what power you get at the rollers.

:)
mike_wall15
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 2002 BMW M3

Postby fiestafan on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:04 pm

Will do hopefully i will be on the rollers in march so will let u no then. Im hoping for about 140bhp but thats just hoping i think i would be happy with 130ish i want about 100 at the wheels
XR2i soon to be chipped :P
fiestafan
Poster
Poster

Postby crisXR2i on Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:51 pm

A decent manifold, full system, a piper/kent cam and a decent induction kit will give a 2i CVH about 125bhp.

Do some head work, get a chip and uprate the leads and plugs and you could possibly put that figure up around standard RST power.

Ecoteks are rubbish, had two of them now on previous cars and ended up taking them off because they were pathetic.

A chip will rarely give an increase in BHP on a n/a car, on turbos its a different matter, but 15bhp you definatly will not get.

As for 10bhp from an exhaust and induction kit - you'll be lucky, it wont happen.

And 9bhp from a cam kit, out of all the items you listed the cam would give the best power increase, expect around 12-15bhp.
Fiesta XR2i
crisXR2i
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.