MORE POWER

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Fiesta_S on Wed May 09, 2001 1:10 pm

hi people

come on give me some ideas i want more power out of my cvh 1.6s and i dont know where to start i have a full exhaust but no air filter yet but was looking at a pipercross one but what can i do after that whats this twin weber carb? what is it? where can i get? it how much please all suggestions would be helpful someone must have done something to one
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby ilovebristols on Wed May 09, 2001 3:49 pm

fing i would do is get a new cam(£170 kent cams), or thats what has been suggested to me!, get a air induction kit and manifold to increase air flow and smoothness then u could over bore the engine? there are many things! ask someone who owns the same car and they may be of more help as to specifics!

si.p
ilovebristols
One And Only Mk2
One And Only Mk2

Postby Fiesta_S on Wed May 09, 2001 4:25 pm

well ok its a start do you have the number for them? what bhp would this give me extra? still want to know about this twin weber carb sounds like thats going to give me the most on top of what ive got but i need the info first.
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy_XR2i on Wed May 09, 2001 6:38 pm

I think I know what you're talking about mate, on the carbs side of things. Depends what you've already got on there, ford did a VV carb that was ok but a it bit pants if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if yours will have this or not, if it has swap it for a weber 32/34 DFT which is a much better ford fitted carb.

More likely than the VV, you've probably got a 28/32 TLDM which is similar to the DFT but won't give as much power, prolly about 6bhp less. The 32/34 DFTs were fitted to pre-86 XR2 or a carb'd XR3. Not exactly laying around all the breakers but you might find one. You'll also need the manifold that comes with it.

When you pull the air filter off does your carb have two butterflys/chokes?

Also mate, I've got some info and pictures in a book if you want, gives you a good idea of what you're looking for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy_XR2i on 2001-05-09 18:39 ]</font>
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby snake on Wed May 09, 2001 7:47 pm

I think he`s on about twin 40 webbers, 2XBIG carbs. Each carb has 2 butterflys to supply 2 cylinders, big bhp gain per £. You`re probably looking at a minimum of 20 bhp if u just stick them on with no other mods. Someone must have a photo somewhere they can post on here..
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby Andy_XR2i on Wed May 09, 2001 8:00 pm

good point! I was gonna say something about that but totally forgot! I've got a brain like a rotten fish at the moment. Yeah, twin carbs r nice and they'll make it sound MASSIVE! lol :wink:
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Fiesta_S on Thu May 10, 2001 9:17 am

thats more like it people cheers andy and snake for the info the twin carbs is what i want where can you get them from how much how easy to fit? mmmmm an extra 20BHP that would be nice nearly doubles what ive got already ha ha joke its not that slow
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy_XR2i on Thu May 10, 2001 9:40 am

Give Nottm Carb & Injection Centre on Crocus Street a bell on 0115 986 1194 , ask them what sort of carb upgrades they'd recommend on the 1.6 cvh and start saving :smile: New is bound to be a lot more expensive than second hand but at least you'll know what you're looking for. Fitting wise, dunno, cant imagine it being that hard but they WILL need setting up/tuning afterwards.
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Fiesta_S on Thu May 10, 2001 10:40 am

thanx andy will do this afternoon i hope you had any dealing with them are they any good i want a good job doing.

oh another thing do you know where there is a rolling road or good tuners in nottingham think mine is running a bit out of sinc so wanna check it.

cheers m8

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fiesta_S on 2001-05-10 10:41 ]</font>
Fiesta_S
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy_XR2i on Thu May 10, 2001 11:53 am

Give Geoff Bloor's a try, they're who I always use and they're always spot on, do all sorts there, turbo's, kit cars, and 1.1 pops :smile:

Geoff's a bit dry and doesn't smile much but he knows what he's talking about :smile:

look at the URL at the bottom of this post cos there's a power graph that they did for mine after an oil change, tune etc on it.

Can't remember their number but it's in the book and they're next to the forest ground.

Andrew.
Andy_XR2i
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.