morning jerk off...

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Sam on Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:13 am

I’m new to this site, hi there all. N e ways I have a festa xr2i 1.6 CVH and it just loves to 'jerk' when shes cold. I do give it loads of TLC but it insists on jerking off in the mornings!

I chatted wid some guy at my local ford garage and he said all the usually blah blah 'o well thats a common problem blah blah' but he did mention sommin about an engine upgrade? that is supposed to fix this. its like £750 squid or sommin and its supposed to stop it from cutting out like it does sometimes at the lights n stuff.

First of all I would like to know if n e of u know what im going on about in regards to this upgrade thing. Is it worth the cash? Or is it better to buy some bits i.e. K&N induction kit and stuff and do it yourself and would this fix the problem?

One of the main reasons I brought this car is [ERRR] it was totally standard and had only done 40k miles so I thinks I shouldn’t get n e problems like this, but cars will be cars.

Thanks alot or your input.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam on 2002-02-05 00:15 ]</font>
Sam
Poster
Poster

Postby Saint on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:33 am

Mine is a bit jerky when cold and the gears feel really "stiff" until its warmed up. Also it cuts out sometimes when stopping, the revs drop to about 450/500 then it either cuts out or goes to around 850/900, so I would like to know what everyone thinks about this too. :???:
Saint
Poster
Poster

Postby chumkila on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:47 am

warm the car up b4 u drive off.
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Postby Saint on Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:56 am

Still cuts out sometimes though when warm. Doesn't cut out when cold [ERRR] of auto choke.
Saint
Poster
Poster

Postby AdrianFRST on Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:47 pm

so its fine when cold, fine when up to temp, but cuts out at in between temp? If so then you said it already. auto choke broke
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:22 pm

If the xr2i is the same as the FRST.....try the idle control valve, take it off and give it a clean out with some carb cleaner. It can get filled with cr@p and sticks.

This should help.

cheers :smile:
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby Sam on Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:29 pm

chers... i am gonna try that im fitting a K&N induction kit to ma motor so i plan to hav a crack at cleaning the IRV (as its called in my XR2i) at the same time and see if that works :smile: .

I havent replyed to this very fast because i forgot where i posted it :grin: :grin: , man im such a forum newbie.
Sam
Poster
Poster

Postby Sam on Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:43 pm

o just somthing else i would like to add. If u think your motor is going to cut out commin towards a junction when going down hill make sure your rdy wid the h/b or keep the engine reving while u break [ERRR] as soon as the enigine cuts out the breaks dont do jack! :eek:

As i found out... scared the chite outta me :mad:

(dam typos)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam on 2002-02-08 20:45 ]</font>
Sam
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.