Need new tyres Recommendations pls

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Need new tyres Recommendations pls

Postby sparkyt on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi after rebuilding my frst am wanting new tyres for her, used toyo t1s previously but they now discontinued, and reports that the t1r 's are poo,

Anyone recommend anything its just for road use not the track.
cheeRS tim
sparkyt
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Need new tyres Recommendations pls

Postby BOBFRST on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Bridgestone Potenza RE720's m8! Their awesome! :D

CheeRS

BOBFRST [AKA: Bob The Builder]

ELM_US gone but never forgotten!
BOBFRST
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Your car: 1991 Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby frostie on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:31 am

the new toyo are very good tyre and very cheap ! i would go with them !
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby curly on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

best tires are in my opinion, are the goodyear eagle f1 gsd3`s ive got a set on mine, and my missus, they are unbeatable, have the same tread as the t1rs but unike the t1rs they dont slip in the wet, and they last a hell of a long time to, starting with 9mm of tread, my missus has done over 20 tho miles in the past year, with alot of it doing harsh driving, doing alot of motorway and b roads, and they are still 6-7mm of tread left,

i know bridgstone potanzas are good tires to, and so are the pirelli pzero but in all honesty after fitting all 3 to quite a variant of car manufacturers like porshe audi aston martins, the goodyears have come out the best,

and if you really want a brilliant tyre have a look for the goodyear eagle f1 asymetric they are even better than the f1 gsd3`s but are limited in their sizes and are around 20 quid dearer,,

but gsd3s all the way

the only advantage with the asymetrics are that they are specialy buil to help aid around corners, i only know this cos i used to work for goodyear/dunlop so used to be given sales presentations for their new tire products
k496 ghk-blue-fully customised1.1(scrapped)
g23 ean-white-smoooothed2i(scrapped)
h789wvo-red- slammed2i-2.0l(dayly hack)
[HOONIGAN]
main priority!!!
A-B-U-S-E-!-!
curly
Post Master
Post Master

Postby fiestarstpete on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:12 pm

sparkyt :Hi after rebuilding my frst am wanting new tyres for her, used toyo t1s previously but they now discontinued, and reports that the t1r 's are poo,

Anyone recommend anything its just for road use not the track.
cheeRS tim

dont know where you heard t1r's are sh!t, but for what your looking for id say they great and on fleabay cheap too........... :lol:
fiestarstpete
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Big_Phil on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Shame to hear the TR1's are discontinued. Although they are shocking in the wet. I will have to try the goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's I think.

Interested thread this.
Big_Phil
Poster
Poster

Postby curly on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:20 pm

one thing i would say about the gsd3`s is that do NOT by any means, try and spin it up in the dry,i have gone through toooo many gear box mounts, in the wet is fine, but in the dry tyres too grippy,

also, my m8 had them fitted on his escrt mk4 estate with 1.8zvh and he went through 8 gearboxes, all down to spinning it up, in the dry, may just be an experiance ive felt, but would rather saving the hasle of constant gearbox mount changes for other people :D
k496 ghk-blue-fully customised1.1(scrapped)
g23 ean-white-smoooothed2i(scrapped)
h789wvo-red- slammed2i-2.0l(dayly hack)
[HOONIGAN]
main priority!!!
A-B-U-S-E-!-!
curly
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.