New exhaust system and air filter.

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

New exhaust system and air filter.

Postby bryan.clements on Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:17 pm

Im looking for a new full exhaust system for my fiesta 1.6 Si. I have found both a mongoose 1 and a magnex full system, the magnex is a liitle dearer, can any1 tell which 1 is better, sounds better and looks better? Im also looking for an induction kit, which is better, a Kand N r pipercross? I've heard the K and N is better?

Thanx.

Bryan.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby TomRS1800 on Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:24 pm

Ive had a PiperX and a K&N and both are good but you will find the chrome cap on the end falls off after a while!

Id go for the K&N dude
What come's next? who care's, why worry about things over which you have no control. Freedom is a voyage of discovery with all the enjoyment of seeing things and experiencing events for the first time. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
TomRS1800
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

exhaust system and induction kit

Postby bryan.clements on Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:43 pm

Thanx man, thats a few people have told me that the K and N is better, I think I will end up goin with the K and N. What bout the mongoose and magnex full exhaust systems, whats ur take on them?

Bryan.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby scotty_boy on Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:16 pm

TomRS1800 :Ive had a PiperX and a K&N and both are good but you will find the chrome cap on the end falls off after a while!

tru dat homeboy. i stole mine of dude_sweets rover, supplied with no shiny silver on the end,that'd fallen off. ahh well. sounds damn good. :D
scotty_boy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby 16VSi on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:58 pm

The Magnex is a better quality product with a quieter tone, than the Mongoose.

I'd personally go for the Magnex, I Love mine.

I wouldn't bother with an induction kit on the Si, you just end up with too much air and not enough fuel. My car was quicker with the standard air box on.

Hope this helps.
16VSi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

16vsi

Postby bryan.clements on Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:11 am

Ye that helps. Dus your magnex a good noise. dus it make enuf noise that ppl look and think who the f**k was that?

Bryan.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Re: 16vsi

Postby 16VSi on Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:39 am

bryan.clements : dus it make enuf noise that ppl look and think who the f**k was that?

No

If that's what you're after don't go for a Magnex.

The Magnex offers a nice tone and a kind of low down rumble, if you after something, more obtrusive shall we say, then the Magnex is not for you.
16VSi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

exhaust

Postby bryan.clements on Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:13 pm

i dnt want it to sound like a s**t backbox shoved on a 1 litre corsa, but i want it to make abit of noise. wot wood you rate the noise it produces out of 10?

Bryan.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby 16VSi on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:41 am

I rate the sound as 9 out of 10, but that's because I like a nice lowdown rumble and a kind of aggressive purr when accelerating.

For noise I'd only rate it as 6 out of 10, it's only marginally louder than the original standard Si exhaust (the stainless steel tailpipe one) and if you buy a new one, when it's first fitted it's pretty quiet until the carbon builds up.

Hope this helps.
16VSi
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby s1chris on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:35 am

hi i have a mongoose on my erst it quite load but as for quality its second to none, ive always been lead to belive that mongoose are better than magnex. maybe thats just for cossies and rts's.

cheeRS chris :D
s1chris
Post Master
Post Master

Postby ooral on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am

I have had loads of different modded cars, and always found that Magnex are the best. Slightly noisier with super build quality, I've just bought one for my own FRST........

If you want loads of Corsa type noise, get a Peco back-box!

Al :D
ooral
Post Master
Post Master

Postby ooral on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:52 am

I have had loads of different modded cars, and always found that Magnex are the best. Slightly noisier with super build quality, I've just bought one for my own FRST........

If you want loads of Corsa type noise, get a Peco back-box!

Al :D
ooral
Post Master
Post Master

Postby F22 JAM on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:00 am

If head turining is what you want then it has to be a Cherry Bomb :)

Mine turns nuf heads!

I do want something quieter tho! :rolleyes:

Jam
F22 JAM
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

cherry bomb

Postby bryan.clements on Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:09 pm

ma bro told me about the cherry bomb. how much r they and where do you get them? i want sumthin new but i dont want to shell out nearly 300 quid for sumthin i end up no likin. i want sumthin loud, but no ded loud, but i dnt want jus the back box i wanted a full system that looks good and sounds good.

Bryan.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Percy! on Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:36 pm

I have got a mongoose system and K&N on mine.

But I also have a 2.0 engine with piper cams which may change things slightly.

But it sounds nice on the idle and roars when I put my foot down.
Percy!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Citreon

Postby F22 JAM on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:20 pm

Cherry Bomb from Custom Chrome.

I went down there and watched as they made it up and fitted it - just a back box tho - £90.

Im sure they would do a full system as they literally make it up from all the pipes, back boxes etc. they have on the shelves, so it is a perfect fit, and to your exact specifications! Better than off the shelf ones imo.

It is pretty loud tho!

Jam
F22 JAM
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

F22 Jam

Postby bryan.clements on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:05 pm

Is it mega loud, like wot a tit loud or f**k me who was that loud? lol. and where wood i get one from? one of ma mates got a custom 1 made up here from c and c exhausts so i mite look into that aswel.
bryan.clements
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby F22 JAM on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:24 pm

Its not "wot a tit" loud for sure.

It used to be ppl turned round when they heard it then were dissapointed, but since its been back from the bodyshop ppl turn and almost stare sometimes!

Its all ppls own tastes - you will have to hear it to know if you like it really.

But like i said - as they make it custom - you can ask for deeper, quieter etc.

http://www.custom-chrome.co.uk

Jam
F22 JAM
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.