[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
New H&R Coilovers : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

New H&R Coilovers

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

New H&R Coilovers

Postby frostie on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:22 pm

this has to be the best investment in to my car for a while pick up a set of good condition H&R Coilovers with excellent seals for £250 first thing i noticed was how thick the stantions on the front struts were over the standard and gmax sets.

fittment was a bit tight but went on no problems and after messing around with ride height etc found a nice height with out being too low around 40mm.
reason for change was the rear gmax were f**cked no damping at all in the drivers side rear only 15 months old (s**t)

handeling is amazing i must admit iam not very confident around those curves but iam alot more now with the gmax the back end always felt loose. and they use to scrub over big bumps when lowered 35mm now no scrub at all just has the bottom out stop to protect it from doing this.

the ride is very smooth and positive not uncomfortable at all. i did alot of reasearch and everyone said the H&R's are the best for comfort as i use the car everyday this is what i needed so i went for these over other brands

i would only ever recommend spending good money on suspension avoid cheap brands ive been there, got the t-shirt etc :lol: :lol: sorry the post is abit random just like to share my personal experience if anyone considerimg coilovers
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Re: New H&R Coilovers

Postby Oranoco on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Personally I would have gone with Koni top adjustable if the car is for teh road but now you have the coilovers get the car corner weighted and it will be transfromed for the better.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby frostie on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 pm

yeah just that someone i knowoffered me them at good price i know you proffer the KOni's Oranoco sorry for my ignorance what do you mean by corner weighted?
2.0ltr FSi running v2.2 megasquirt fitted and mapped by ShortWorx
See http://www.shortworx.tk for all your megasquirt needs
frostie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Oranoco on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:08 pm

To put it in a simple/crude term it's where the car is set up so each corner has an equal weight put on it. When you drop a car on coilovers each spring will be under a different tension (unless you are very very clever or jammy), this has a huge effect on how the car drives.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Oranoco
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Glad you're enjoying them - good coilovers, set up at least reasonably well, really do offer a lot more than the majority of spring/damper kits out there :)

Not wanting to be anal, but corner weighting is more about getting the weights equal side-to-side (with you in the driver's seat) and getting the required front:rear weight bias, rather than getting equal weights over each corner of the car. I just wanted to say that so you didn't go to a garage and ask for equal weighting on all four corners, or you would've been handed back a very odd-looking car! :lol:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby Big Walker on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 pm

heeman10 :I want anal :wink:

:aaah: neither the place nor the time James tut tut
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby MattPym on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Uncle Fester :
heeman10 :I want anal :wink:

:aaah: neither the place nor the time James tut tut

Well i never, I believed this to be a family establishment, Not the place for James pottymouth and fetishes :lol:

I have parts for sale!!!!.....Nice parts too!!!
http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/lots-of-parts-for-sale-vt185591/
MattPym
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:27 pm

You guys :lol:
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby dawsfezzie on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 pm

alot of people comment saying coilovers are poo, but dont seem people go for looks over practical reasons, not every one is wanting to welly it round a take to get the fatest times etc!!! not a dig just my view over the years that ive been on here!!
dawsfezzie
Post Master
Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.