Nitrous

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Shug on Tue Oct 02, 2001 7:34 am

Ok, i was just about, in fact gave him my credit card details for a second hand nitrous system. I phoned a registered dealer for Nitrous express and he told me that i would need work done to my head as a zetek cannot withstand the cold, something about the spark plugs. This work when i was supplying the kit was 700 quid.

Your part.. does anyone know any more about this, cause i was buying the kit for 220, and i dont fancy paying another 700 for it to get set up.
Any information on the subject would be greatful as i really wanted the kit.
Thanks
Shug :sad:
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JJ on Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:15 am

Ok, first off, don't waste your money on a s/h kit. Secondly, I suspect they're talking sh*te just to get some more money off you - you can run a 25bhp jet NOS system without head work, no problem.

By far and away the best and most knowledgable NOS man in the country is Trev from Wizards of NOS aka Highpower Performance Systems - http://www.highpower.freeserve.co.uk/ Speak to him, he's a very helpful chap, and then decide if you want to waste £200 on a s/h kit! :devil:

James

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JJ on 2001-10-02 08:17 ]</font>
JJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby The Bruster on Tue Oct 02, 2001 9:29 am

According to NOS techincal support I can run 50-60 bhp gain without it killing the engine (xr2i 8v) no extra work required!
The Bruster
'80s Suprastar
'80s Suprastar

Postby Shug on Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:55 am

Yip but i have a 16v, the valve seats need hardend
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JJ on Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:57 am

Says who?! Trev at Wizards of NOS?! I doubt it........
JJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Shug on Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:45 pm

Nope THE BIG CHEESE at my car boot sale....

Firstly, never heard of him, secondly, still not heard of him and thirdly the kit is a Nitrous Express kit, not wizard of NOS kit as i said in the first post, and if you read about them borh, they are quite different i think youll agree.
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Shug on Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:47 pm

And more than 1 person has told me the zetek valve seats are to soft. The guy who told me i originally needed work has nothing to do with the original NOS sale so was not telling me this for his personal gain.
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JJ on Wed Oct 17, 2001 4:49 pm

Nitrous Express - good luck :lol:
JJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Shug on Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:02 pm

Is that "good luck" someone who after experiencing problems with the Nitrous express kit had difficulties and generally wasnt impressed, OR was it a "good luck" meaning i dont really know much about it so ill say a sarcy comment and pretend i do :grin:
Shug
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby JJ on Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:36 am

Shug - given the tone of your reply, I'm sure you'll understand if I can't be bothered to reply from this point on.

For the benefit of everyone else, there are three main companies producing NOS kits:- Highpower (Trev), NX and NOS. Highpower make everything themselves and the kits are first class - just check out his BB of happy customers. NX and NOS are imported kits from the States, primarliy designed for drag racing and V8s.

You pay your money and take your pick..... :rolleyes:
JJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby cubby240 on Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:43 pm

I have a kit from Highpower Performance Systems and with a 25bhp nozzle and my engine spec(250bhp+ without the gas) i will get in the region of 34 - 40bhp increase, thats a sensible increase.

Its worth getting and is easy to install.

Cubby.
cubby240
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.