[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
no power at 4K revs plus, please help? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

no power at 4K revs plus, please help?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

no power at 4K revs plus, please help?

Postby morpheus on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:28 pm

Hey everyone, i've been having a slight few probs with my 1.3 HCS. When I reach 4k Revs when the engine is cold, i feel the car slowing down quite dramatically. When the engine is hot there is pretty much no performancy from 4K plus. I've tried sum fuel treatment and spraying my carb with carb cleaner. A few weeks ago the car ran out of fuel, but i've been noticing the mainly since I have drilled my airbox. Ne1 got [ERRR] ideas? Cheers all
morpheus
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby F.U.K FESTA on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:39 pm

too much air in the mixture, the fuel burning isnt strong enough so results in powerloss??
F.U.K FESTA
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby DaveZetec on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:42 pm

you may be experienceing carb icing, but it doesnt seem cold enough for it yet

tape the airbox holes back up see if it helps, but you really shouldnt be at 4k with a cold engine!
DaveZetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby morpheus on Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:44 pm

F.U.K FESTA :too much air in the mixture, the fuel burning isnt strong enough so results in powerloss??

Any ideas on gettin more fuel into the mixture? The carb is a weber TDLM(i think).
morpheus
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby F.U.K FESTA on Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:01 pm

morpheus :
F.U.K FESTA :too much air in the mixture, the fuel burning isnt strong enough so results in powerloss??

Any ideas on gettin more fuel into the mixture? The carb is a weber TDLM(i think).

wouldnt have a clue m8 :lol: if i were you i would just get a proper air (K&N)
F.U.K FESTA
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: no power at 4K revs plus, please help?

Postby FedeArg on Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:20 pm

morpheus :A few weeks ago the car ran out of fuel, but i've been noticing the mainly since I have drilled my airbox. Ne1 got [ERRR] ideas? Cheers all

Mate, change your fuel filter asap. If you ran out of fuel then it's clogged with all the dirt that the tank had.

Changing the fuel filter every time you change the oil is also a very intelligent idea.
Fahr nicht schneller als dein Schutzengel fliegen kann
FedeArg
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: no power at 4K revs plus, please help?

Postby morpheus on Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:57 am

FedeArg :
morpheus :A few weeks ago the car ran out of fuel, but i've been noticing the mainly since I have drilled my airbox. Ne1 got [ERRR] ideas? Cheers all

Mate, change your fuel filter asap. If you ran out of fuel then it's clogged with all the dirt that the tank had.

Changing the fuel filter every time you change the oil is also a very intelligent idea.
+

I will try changing that, r they hard 2 change?
Will try and get proper K&N, does ne1 know the cheapest place 2 get 1 for a 1.3 hcs? cheers all
morpheus
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby morpheus on Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:20 pm

ah problem every1, i went 2 buy the fuel filter, told them it was a 1.3 hcs and they gave me a large silver inline filter. I got back and I cannot find the original to replace. Nothing in the Haynes manuel about the hcs one, so am i right in assuming I am looking for the wrong thing, or the hcs engines dont have fuel filters? silly i know...
Cheers
morpheus
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.