[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
omex rev limiter for xr2i : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

omex rev limiter for xr2i

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

omex rev limiter for xr2i

Postby m3matt on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:39 pm

hi all,

i have a 8v xr2i.

does thids car have a rev limiter? i didnt think it did.

i am thinking of getting an omex rev limiter as i do give the car beans, it will be tracked soon and i dont wana damage the engine. are they an eaasy fit? how do they work? and does any one have one they wana sell? lol

any help much appreciated!

cheers guys!

stripey stripey!!!!!!!
m3matt
Post Master
Post Master

Re: omex rev limiter for xr2i

Postby - Danny Boy - on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:02 pm

I think the limiters are set beyond 7k rpm.. apparently the 1.3 HCS engines rev limiter is set at 7200 rpm or something.. so could be around that mark for yours.

If you go on the omex website, click on instruction manuals, all the info you need to know - about how they work, how they are wired in ect will be there!

http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/Revlimi ... miters.htm

If you click on the different types i.e. rev limiter clubman, it takes you to the manual for it :)
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0

Postby m3matt on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:04 pm

nice one, thanks mate! so my standard xr2i does have a electronic limit? not just the valves goin mental!

stripey stripey!!!!!!!
m3matt
Post Master
Post Master

Postby - Danny Boy - on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Yea it will do! Anything with electronic fuel injection will have a limiter because its programmed into the ECU to cut the spark or fuel (normally the spark).

Im sure someone on here will know where the limiter is set.. or you could see if google can tell you :D
- Danny Boy -
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0

Postby hb69 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Fit an omex limiter and set it to hard cut :aviator:

When you buy one make sure you get the twin coil type
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby m3matt on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:09 am

hb69 :Fit an omex limiter and set it to hard cut :aviator:

whats is 'hard cut' ? why should i get the twiin coil?

got the revs, while out this eve ( coming on to motorway) to 6.4ish then bottled out, im scared it will go pop lol

stripey stripey!!!!!!!
m3matt
Post Master
Post Master

Postby hb69 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 pm

m3matt :

got the revs, while out this eve ( coming on to motorway) to 6.4ish then bottled out, im scared it will go pop lol

Hard cut means that it cuts the spark suddenly, opposed to soft cut, which cuts it gradually. Hard cut will make it go bang when the fuel burns in the exhaust.

You should get a twin coil limiter because a single coil one wont work in an xr2i. As it has a coil pack.
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Tempted to get for my RS, but might have to go for launch control as well :devil:
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby hb69 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 pm

I had an omex limiter with launch control on my old xr2i, for about a week. Never did wire up the launch control, then i sold it to Shaun :lol: :(
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby m3matt on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:08 pm

hb69 :
m3matt :

Hard cut means that it cuts the spark suddenly, opposed to soft cut, which cuts it gradually. Hard cut will make it go bang when the fuel burns in the exhaust.

You should get a twin coil limiter because a single coil one wont work in an xr2i. As it has a coil pack.

i want the bangs lol/ will keep my eyes peeled for for a 2nd hand one. cant afford new :(

stripey stripey!!!!!!!
m3matt
Post Master
Post Master

Postby XRMike on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:10 pm

I fitted one to my FRST, I set it to 6000 rpm and put it on Hard Cut. Its rather fun :D :Q
XRMike
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby slaney21 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 am

hmm these sound interesting. let me know if you get one m3matt as i may think about one too since i have the same car :D

want some bangs :lol:
slaney21
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Zafira A SRI 2.216V

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.