OMP Group N Exhaust system?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

OMP Group N Exhaust system?

Postby Studly on Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:10 pm

Any of you guys tried one of these out? For just shy of £200 sounds pretty good, also follows to Grp N noise regs so I can use on the track.
Studly
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Mark Si on Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:56 pm

If it's Group N then that means showroom spec, which in theory means it will be legal for the road. Have you seen any pictures of it?

To be honest mate I'd just save up a bit more and get something like a Powerflow or a Magnex system
Car sold, now drive a Clio Williams
Mark Si
Five-door Ess Aiiiii
Five-door Ess Aiiiii

Postby DorsetZS on Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:32 pm

Im getting a poweflow backbox on my 1.1 on friday I'll tell ya how it is, I hope its good, they do sound nice ! Backbox with single tailpipe is £160 ! (If your interested) ??
DorsetZS
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Studly on Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:49 am

Its pipes are 53mm ED, one middle silencer and one at the tail, 2.5-3" tailpipe, thermal resin treated, complies with Group N regs (ie less than 98 db's) and it says it provides a good lot of torque with some extra top end power. Also mentions fueling may need to be remapped due to changes in back pressure.

Not to keen on Magnex, I'll leave that one to the pretty car people who want the intermediate pipes to stay shiney!

I've got a Powerflow on my Mondy at the mo, and have had it for over a year now, its ok, the price was right, and on the Mondy power gains varied from 8-10BHP, which is not bad for a cat back system.

I'm looking for power rather than cost or looks, which means I'll probably get a Powerflow again!
Studly
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Fezzy Turbo on Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:15 am

Do NOT go for Powerflow on your FRST, they are rubbish!!!....mine practicaly fell to bits.

Ashley exhausts are not known for lasting very long.

If you want an unrestrictive exhaust your best to get a Mongoose, 2.5" pipe all the way through from turbo to rear pipe.....thats what you need :D
Greg : Owner of a FRST for 14yrs

2009 FRS2 : 377bhp ATW / 395lb/ft :)
1990 FRST : Sold.
Fezzy Turbo
Tartan Turbo Terror
Tartan Turbo Terror
Your car: mk2 Focus RS

Car: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Postby chumkila on Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:14 pm

Fezzy Turbo :Do NOT go for Powerflow on your FRST, they are rubbish!!!....mine practicaly fell to bits.

Ashley exhausts are not known for lasting very long.

If you want an unrestrictive exhaust your best to get a Mongoose, 2.5" pipe all the way through from turbo to rear pipe.....thats what you need :D

Hear Hear. Although i have Magnex, but it dont matter [ERRR] mine aint a turbo!! :D
chumkila
Dirty Post Whore!
Dirty Post Whore!

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.