Over Heating !!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby mattjack on Mon Aug 20, 2001 9:46 am

My XR2i keeps overheating , i noticed when i bought it that the temp gauge is always on normal, even when the car has been left over night and the engine is cold.
When i have driven it for about 10 mins the guage shoot ups to the red the radiator fan then comes on when the needle is going past the red.
Has anyone got any ideas on what this can be ?
Also can i fit a bigger radiator to my 2i ? if so which one and what are the Mod's to do this ?

Cheers

matt jack
mattjack
Poster
Poster

Postby Ian C70T5 on Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:00 am

Sounds to me like you needle is not in the correct placemate.. Have you recently fitted white dials??
Ian C70T5
Das Ist Kapput
Das Ist Kapput

Postby mattjack on Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:46 am

the kiddie who had the car before me had fitted white dials.

Do u think thats what the problem is ?

matt
mattjack
Poster
Poster

Postby snake on Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:05 pm

Yep, defo the needle is in the wrong place :rolleyes:
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby Project on Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:28 pm

If your fan is always on, it shouldn't be, so it might be time to buy a water temperature gauge???
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Pogo on Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:25 am

Hi mate, I had the same problem with my Fiesta Rs Turbo, If the problem has been going on for a bit check the yellow oil cap for a white sludge if nothing start car check zorst for an obvious white smoke if nothing, leave car running for a while with water tank cap of and smell the steam coming out if you can smell zorst fumes and have any one of the three things i said check then the car has a blown head gasket!! Dont drive it!!! If you belong to RAC or AA tell them your problem they will come and do a 5 min simple head check that will confirm my suspision. If it turns out not to be the head then take the hose of the water bottle on the top right run engine and rev car from under engine water should come through this hose if so re conect and make sure by reving again that water is coming through that hose in to the water tank bottle you can do this by looking through the hole where the lid should be if no the take hose of and use pin or needle to clear crap out of the plastic tube which hose covers. Then re try. if o.k take plug out of bottom of rad and run engine water should run out if so the good if not stick hose pipe over hole try to clear the crap!! if no luck re conect hose and run car till hot put had on rad and check all over for cold areas if any def block in Rad!! take rad out and clean through with hose pipe and take of associated hoses and clean them through as well re conect all and use a rad flush soloution form any good car shop. Then try your luck. Also a simple test to see if you may be losing water on a circulation problem would be to run car to a temp and turn on inside heaters if you put them to hot but they run cold then this is a def Rad prob as well!! But do try the above as well. I hope this cures your problem i am 100% sure it will. Let me know mate how you get on.
Pogo
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.