[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
performance headgaskets? : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

performance headgaskets?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

performance headgaskets?

Postby badboy si on Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:46 pm

my headgasket has jus gone on my 1.6 Si and i was woundering seeing that it is being done anyway, is there any performance headgaskets you can get to gain more power?
badboy si
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:06 pm

Do headgaskets give more power :-?
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby snake on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:06 pm

lol! and nope, standard ford gasket is fine, if it was 1.8/2.0 then u can get focus multilayer one, bit stronger but still don`t give more power lol
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby Daniel on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:07 pm

is there any performance headgaskets you can get to gain more power?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daniel
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fiestasi-Andy on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:30 pm

Why would a focus H Gasket fit a 2l mondeo engine?

are they different engines Zetec & Duratec
My Bad!

Sorry
Fiestasi-Andy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xrsi on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:30 pm

Daniel :
is there any performance headgaskets you can get to gain more power?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just [ERRR] u know doesnt mean everyone else will!!

but no.. al the uprated head gaskets are for is to control the extra power from wrecking them by being stronger! if you get ur head tested get it skimmed a bit to increase the compression ratio (ya do this on none turboed cars to increase the power! ;) )
xrsi
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI
XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

Postby LiamMc on Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:18 pm

Will the focus 'black top' head gaskets fit the earlier zetec's? Cos I'll be getting one if they do.

Xrsi well said. My 2.0 is in the engine re-conditioners now getting the head skimmed AND 10thou skimmed off the block aswell. Still not sure what the piston clearance is gonna be though :-?
LiamMc
Poster
Poster

Postby Stoned on Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:37 pm

Good, I didnt think I had heard of a performance head gasket before :)
Stoned
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Mark Si on Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:12 am

Fiestasi-Andy :Why would a focus H Gasket fit a 2l mondeo engine?

are they different engines Zetec & Duratec

The Focus 2.0 is still a Zetec, just with a different name and a few other changes. HG is the same afaik though (geoff or someone will confirm this).
Car sold, now drive a Clio Williams
Mark Si
Five-door Ess Aiiiii
Five-door Ess Aiiiii

Postby snake on Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:39 pm

lol, mondeo is a zetec, only new generation mondeo uses duratec, focus rs aint a duratec u know, its just a badge and underneath it its a black top zetec.

depends how much u get skimmed off, 10 thou is bugger all to be honest, and their are consequences to uppin the comp ratio in that u will need more fuel to stop it dettin, this depends wot comp ratio u go upto though
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.