pipercross viper

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

pipercross viper

Postby focus_zetec on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:06 pm

im gettin one of these on me focus, just wondering if anyones got any opinions on them, or if any of you have them on ur fiestas and what they preform like.
focus_zetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:17 pm

imho there s**t mate

there a brillaint idea but the viper has the thinest piece of foam in them and a small stone up the intake pipe would rip thru it and into ya engine :(

this was a while ago so it might be better now like

i'm getting a new ram air one once there released or should that by when i can afford one, lol. was talking to the ram air rep the other day and he showed me one. it's a propper cone filter inside with a stainless shield on etc and intake pipe with a nice shiney end on :P

also these are like 90 quid as opposed to the 240ish for a viper one ;)
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby focus_zetec on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:42 pm

the ram one ur taking about is 180 quid for my focus, i know the one ur talking about, its like something outta fast and furious they look right good
focus_zetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:53 pm

you sure there 180 rep told me there all 90ish quid

you get eh filter chrome/stinless cover for it and some flexi pipe with what looks like the end of a 3" mongoose tail pipe on it
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby focus_zetec on Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:14 pm

the one for the focus come up from the intake pipe about the top middle of engine bay and from there has a big fat chrome pipe that takes it to the filter area, there it goes to the filter which affix's in the same area the old filter was
focus_zetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Sunil_FiestaRS_16V on Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:51 am

Green do the twister at about 110 wuid. same sorta thing as the ones u have mentioned.
Sunil_FiestaRS_16V
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: Slough. 2.0 with Raceline head, Raceline cams, T.E Exhaust manifold, and more...

Postby TomFiesta on Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:36 am

There was a topic on this a while back, people then said not worth it.
TomFiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

hummm

Postby Si_1.6 on Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:29 pm

isunt all this fourced air stuff just going back to [ERRR] u had before a cone filter? a fourced air pannel filter? ud not reall gonna gain any more air flow unless u changed the air slow sensore are you? ur pannel filter had fourced air feed.... those ones ur talking from fast and the furious.... u can get for a K&N its polished chrome with a cool air intake...
Si_1.6
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby InS@nE on Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:00 pm

focus_zetec :the one for the focus come up from the intake pipe about the top middle of engine bay and from there has a big fat chrome pipe that takes it to the filter area, there it goes to the filter which affix's in the same area the old filter was

sounds like ya payin the extra for that pig chrome pipe :(

Si_1.6, yeah is pretty much back to what ya start with originall, but a cone can flow more than a panel filter ;)
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby focus_zetec on Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:06 pm

doubt ill be investing in the green twister lol, the viper gives an extra 17bhp on the focus when used with a s/s system, they all rave about them on the focus board. suppose its different on different cars and engines etc
focus_zetec
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby InS@nE on Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:23 pm

17bhp aint bad from afilter and zorst :)
InS@nE
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.