pipercross

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Postby Rich si on Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:26 pm

Anyone fitted a pipercross induction kit to their 1.6 si? Just wondered if they are anygood? As I feel its time to replace the slightly ill fitting mg maestro filter it has at the mo!
ImageImageImage
Rich si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ace on Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:10 pm

hi,
i havent fitted an induction kit on my car [ERRR] its a carb set up, but if you go into a shop, say halford they do leafelets on the upgrade in performance that piper induction kits give, i think they give the engine about an extra 6 bhp which is quite good. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ace on 2002-04-09 19:11 ]</font>
ace
Poster
Poster

Postby 1.6si16v on Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:52 pm

aright mate,
your best off goin for the 57i induction kit as it comes with the cold air pipe and the piper x one aint got one off them!!!! Bout the same price too i think!!!!
-----YoU aInT sEeN NoThIn YeT-----
1.6si16v
Poster
Poster

Postby Andy Si on Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:28 pm

Your be lucky to an xtra 6bhp just from that :wink:
Andy Si
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Wude Si 16v on Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:09 pm

I have fitted a pipercross induction kit. There is no noticeable gain of power, probably about 3bhp. There is not much induction noise from an Si engine like there is from something like a saxo vtr for example.
It looks better in your engine bay though...

:Q
Wude Si 16v
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby FiestaMental on Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:57 pm

Wude si, Have you got a decent exhaust? :???:
Cos ive got a 1.4SI with a remus backbox and recently fitted a pipercross induction kit and the thing fecking ROARS now!! Ive noticed a BIG difference in mine! :eek:

Going up to my dad's, for instance, went through a tunnel in 4th doing 50 and was stuck behind a 5-series beemer. I whacked it back into 3rd, it roared and echoed off the side walls of the tunnel and immediatly the beemer moved out the way and i went *noisily* pass him! Should've seen his face! He was like :oooh: :aaah:
:lol:

:grin: Love it when things like that happen! :grin:
***** 2 2 0 B H P M K 4 G O L F T U R B O *****
FiestaMental
Post Master
Post Master

Location: Ilford, esSEX Drives: 200bhp VW Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo

Postby Mr Jungle on Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:35 pm

Here is the real low-down. Power gains from Induction kits are minimal no matter what Kit you buy unless the engine is Tuned to take advantage of pulling more air in, i.e. a Superchip is in place and mapped according.

Without any mods to your engine, you can expect around 3-5 Bhp more in power,not great i know but any gains a help! the only thing your likely to notice is a quicker throttle response :grin:

Piper - X kits sound the best of all, very tasty indeed :grin: I have one and its worth every single penny !!!! (Pipercross also do a Vector Cone and Air feed so ignore thos comments and K&N or Jetex only doing cold air feed models)

K&N are good quality but are common :grin:

Jetex are good quality, as are Green! its all a matter of personal choice!!! have fun chooseing:grin:

On 2002-04-09 14:26, Rich si wrote:
Anyone fitted a pipercross induction kit to their 1.6 si? Just wondered if they are anygood? As I feel its time to replace the slightly ill fitting mg maestro filter it has at the mo!

Mr Jungle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby xr2i 1649 on Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:35 pm

all my 1 did was suck oil in 2 it. and b4 u say it it was not a F**ked engine
xr2i 1649
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Project on Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:01 pm

XR2i 1649 - you need to have a head-scratching sesh with your breather system and I'd suggest you engine might be blowing a bit :wink:

There's plenty you can do to stop it sucking oil in; I sorted mine for under a tenner :smile:
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby xr2i 1649 on Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:23 pm

I did a full rebuild all new bits head dun block dun thats the 1649 bit and it still did it£1950 of work in the end. Then made new breather system as the ford 1 is not that good(ho wood take the air that u wont 2 b cold send it over the hot part of engine :rolleyes: ford) job dun :smile:
xr2i 1649
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.