[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 191: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4338: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4339: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4340: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3825)
Possible big brake kits : Tuning / Handling / Braking | Fiesta Forums

Possible big brake kits

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Possible big brake kits

Postby Ruishy1 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Ive been looking over a few threads, and more and more people are after big brake kits.

Im considering making some up if their is enough interest.

One kit i would be offering is 4 pot calipers, relocation brackets, spigot rings and discs and pads for around 250 quid.
or can offer just the spigot rings and brackets and you can source your own discs and calipers ( the calipers would be R33 gts skyline/ or later 300zx depending on what people want )

If enough genuine interest is posted, il become a trader and make them up :)
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: Possible big brake kits

Postby Makaveli on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:03 am

A little more info for those that don't know 300zx brakes are a four pot caliper which generally takes beween a 280-320mm by 30mm disc.

look like this:

I'm sure Ruishy will correct me if I'm wrong
Makaveli
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Captain Tightpants on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Sound idea, but worth looking into a bit more I fear.

For me to make suspension and braking components, it adds a whole s**t of money to my public liability insurance. You would need to be registered as either a company or at least a sole trader. Then get insurance for the purposes of selling self made braking components.

Steve
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Makaveli your almost right, they can take up to 340mm discs :P
But the size i would be offering is 305mm using discs ffom the fiat coupe 20v, spigot rings to centre the discs on the ford hub, and brackets to relocate the caliper to the correct diameter and offset for the disc. and depending on the threads on the caliper, hoses aswell.

And Captain i take it your a registered company ?
Im not, just an engineer looking to fill a small gap ( slight pun intended) i know of another company selling brake and suspension components without all the proper faff, and he does it on a very large scale, im only offering to make a few kits or whatever for the FT peeps :)
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Captain Tightpants on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Ruishy1 :And Captain i take it your a registered company ?
Im not, just an engineer looking to fill a small gap ( slight pun intended) i know of another company selling brake and suspension components without all the proper faff, and he does it on a very large scale, im only offering to make a few kits or whatever for the FT peeps :)

Indeed, I have had a registered Ltd company since 2003.

I'm speaking from personal experience, yes I have a workshop, yes it has a bridgeport mill, and a good size lathe, and yes I have made a good few sets of brackets ect over the years.

Just giving you some advice mate, from someone who has been there and done it.

The last thing you want is for something to go funlumps up, brakes and suspension have a tendancy to not take many prisoners when they go wrong! :aaah: Being sued with no decent relevant insurance would not be a great thing I'm sure.

As for this guy who's making parts without the relevant stuff, shame on him. Thats why genuine businesses will struggle. Also why he will end up being locked up. (I Hope) :)

Steve
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby cosmagedon on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

The fiat discs wont fit matey. The pcd is all wrong. St170 discs are only 7mm smaller.
cosmagedon
Poster
Poster

Postby Makaveli on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Ruishy1 :Makaveli your almost right, they can take up to 340mm discs

close :lol:
Makaveli
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ruishy1 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:12 pm

The guy making the kits is in business for himself, and i agree, people like that do deserve to be punished, i dont think i deserve to be tarnished with the same brush, do you ?
Im not making a business out of it, if i showed you the costs of the parts, and the price i would charge, id be making like 20 quid per kit, and considering it will take a bit of time to assemble each, its not exactly lots of cash :lol:

As for the fiat discs they will fit,2.5mm slots would be needed on each stud hole, but it was actually 406 coupe brakes i meant, the fiat discs i was actually looking at when i was typin the post.As for the St170 discs, they are too thin, for the BBK i need discs with a minimum Dia. of 28mm, the ST are only 24mm.

and Makaveli, as standard they take 280mm discs, skyline take 296mm, but with brackets they have been used with 340mm discs, and to great effect i might add :o

im making up brackets for mine, to take 350z 324mm discs, standard calipers, an extra 44mm is immense in braking terms :D
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Makaveli on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:22 am

I knew 280 was the standard size and had seen them used with 320mm discs as a conversion on GTIR's, not seen them used with 340mm discs but as the pads have a pretty huge swept area I can see that 340mm would not be a problem, fitting wheels to go over discs that big on a fiesta might be though :lol:
Makaveli
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:59 am

Ruishy1 :The guy making the kits is in business for himself, and i agree, people like that do deserve to be punished, i dont think i deserve to be tarnished with the same brush, do you ?
Im not making a business out of it, if i showed you the costs of the parts, and the price i would charge, id be making like 20 quid per kit, and considering it will take a bit of time to assemble each, its not exactly lots of cash :lol:

I didn't say that you should be tarnished with the same brush.

I said, should the worst happen, which it does, YOU personally would be liable.

Your stating that you would be making money, then saying your not making a business?

I'm really not against this in any way. Whatever helps the site is great. Advice sir, thats all.

Steve
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ruishy1 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Captain Tightpants :
Ruishy1 :The guy making the kits is in business for himself, and i agree, people like that do deserve to be punished, i dont think i deserve to be tarnished with the same brush, do you ?

I didn't say that you should be tarnished with the same brush.

I said, should the worst happen, which it does, YOU personally would be liable.

Your stating that you would be making money, then saying your not making a business?

I'm really not against this in any way. Whatever helps the site is great. Advice sir, thats all.

Steve

Point taken mate, and i would only be selling them to people that understand this fact.

BUT tbh i dont know if it will happen, the amount of people on here tht need this kinda braking force are slim :lol:
Ruishy1
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.