Possible to fit ARB's to base model Mk3?

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Possible to fit ARB's to base model Mk3?

Postby heeman10 on Wed May 21, 2003 1:21 pm

I assume it's possible to fit the FRST and 2i anti-roll bars to standard Mk3s, but I don't know for sure. I know nothing about how they attach, or if the improvement is noticeable, but I'd love to know both! I tried a search on this but found nothing, so apologies if this has been asked much before.

James :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby fiesta_fras on Wed May 21, 2003 2:31 pm

look at ur shocks, if they have a metal bar that runs right across half way up then u can fit an ARB.

most base models dont have the link arm hole i think.
RIP Robert Martin - Rob - Elm_us
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby heeman10 on Wed May 21, 2003 2:58 pm

Thanks for that :) I'll hopefully be sitting it on a GMAX -35mm kit before too long, will they have the link arm hole to let me fir the ARB's front and rear? When you say a bar that runs right across, do you mean a shortish stub of metal welded to the shock sticking out at right angles? Not totally sure what I'd be looking for...
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiesta_fras on Wed May 21, 2003 3:02 pm

gmax should have em, rear is a different story thou,

and yes how u described the bar sounds right.
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby heeman10 on Wed May 21, 2003 6:33 pm

Ok thanks for that :) Doesn't the rear ARB mount on the rear shocks then? I can see problems with the chassis being stiff at the front and loose at the rear - possible strain problems?
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiesta_fras on Wed May 21, 2003 6:40 pm

no straining probs, they are tougher than that, other wise ppl with strut braces wouldn have a car left after 10k miles.

its fine like that, only RS etc had rear ARB XR2is only had front ARB
obv better to have all, but it wont be a bad effect without the rear one
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby heeman10 on Wed May 21, 2003 6:45 pm

Fairy nuff :D It's not as though the rear tends to be a problem in terms of grip anyway! I'll wait till I've got as far as the suspension then see about getting me a front ARB then :devil: Thanks a lot for the info :)
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fiesta_fras on Wed May 21, 2003 6:47 pm

no problem, i know whats its like upgrading from a base model, those XR/RS boys take all these gadgets/gizmos/goodies for granted
fiesta_fras
Elite Poser
Elite Poser

Postby heeman10 on Wed May 21, 2003 6:49 pm

Too right! I've got the rear wiper, the wheels, full bodykit, seats, door cards, centre console, boot release etc...they even bugger off with all the decent badges!! :lol:
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby df908 on Fri May 23, 2003 10:55 am

heeman10 :Fairy nuff :D It's not as though the rear tends to be a problem in terms of grip anyway! I'll wait till I've got as far as the suspension then see about getting me a front ARB then :devil: Thanks a lot for the info :)

ARB-ing your rear end will make your car a little more tail happy I think. Easier I think would be getting an entire zetec-s rear beam instead of faffing with ARBs at the back end. People say they're stiff enough without an ARB :aviator:

BTW would have thought any aftermarket struts will have the ARB links at the front. You may want to check you've got the holes for the ARB mounting brackets on your arm carriers too, otherwise you'll be wanting 2i or FRST track rod ends/arm carriers/lower arm/hub/driveshaft assembly (I think - ask others! I could be wrong)
Nige

'94 mondeo. Pass the mortgage, son.

Hmm... what... eh?
df908
Post Master
Post Master

Postby FezzR on Mon May 26, 2003 12:28 am

gmax deffo have the drop link connections as there all based on the rs1800 :wink:
FezzR
God Damn Lazy
God Damn Lazy

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.