power!!!!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

power!!!!

Postby ace on Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:24 pm

what would the bhp power rating be on a:-
1300cvh, full recondition, skimmed head, gas flowed ported polished head, twin 40's (down drafts), piper fast road cam, 50cc overbore, performance exhaust and polished conrods?
any help would be very grateful, cheers :D
ace
Poster
Poster

Postby moulder on Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:11 pm

Probably the same as a 1600 cvh as standard but with zero miles to the gallon due to big juicy carbs. 200 quid will get u a new engine compared to over a grand for what u plan.
moulder
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:19 am

Yeah i'd say about 85 BHP but it will be a very light car and will handle wickedly too. Plus its different so go for it!! I think if u get everything lightened and balanced, steel crank, and up the compression a wee bit plus laireyer cam for the carbs you'd be looking at 90bhp+, as it will rev more freely and bottom end will be able to hack it. Think 120bhp is the most u can push outta one, and thats a propper race spec jobbie i seen, tho it was a 1.3 crossflow engine as opposed to the HCS :rolleyes: :Q
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby PF Dave on Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:21 am

You in theory can get similar power as it is the same engine with different stroke (hence the differing cc)

If you do everything you plan expect to see about 90-100bhp

Steel crank is absolutely not needed for what you want as it costs £1000 and only needed on mega power engines or ones that rev to crazy revs. the rods and big ends will go before the crank does, so if you want anything steel get steel rods and ARP bolts...other than that do it, be nice to be different! :D
PF Dave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TomFiesta on Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:21 am

:D
TomFiesta
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:03 am

WHY did i recomend a steel crank? :rolleyes: Yeah just uprate the bearings if u going for a free revving engine and what dave said. I'm really stumped as to why i put that now, as i'd rather not answer q's than give wrong answers. :-? how bizzarre, think i had NOS on the brain!! :devil:

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby festajon on Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:05 am

WHY did i recomend a steel crank? :rolleyes: Yeah just uprate the bearings if u going for a free revving engine and what dave said. I'm really stumped as to why i put that now, as i'd rather not answer q's than give wrong answers. :-? how bizzarre, think i had NOS on the brain!! :devil:

Cheers
Jon
festajon
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.